💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Gaga thanks MTV for VMA nominations

gagaxsebert

Featured Posts

Doncho
1 minute ago, davflz said:

true. The fact that Joanne and especially ARTPOP got nothing is a crime :interestinga:

Joanne didint deserve any noms... maybe Million Reasons Song of the year.. but thats it. ARTPOP deserved some, but at the time of the 2014 VMAs, she was already promoting C2C and ARTPOP was forgotten :bradley:

So her lack of noms since 2011 is a combination of bad luck, bad music videos, and timing :selena:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
davflz
1 minute ago, Doncho said:

Joanne didint deserve any noms... maybe Million Reasons Song of the year.. but thats it. ARTPOP deserved some, but at the time of the 2014 VMAs, she was already promoting C2C and ARTPOP was forgotten :bradley:

So her lack of noms since 2011 is a combination of bad luck, bad music videos, and timing :selena:

I know but it's such a shame :poot: she is one of the biggest stars of this decade and has a f*cking 7 year gap without even a single nomination :selena: At least the vmas don't mean much and hold little critical acclaim

gagaxsebert
18 minutes ago, davflz said:

true. The fact that Joanne and especially ARTPOP got nothing is a crime :interestinga:

Yeah them h*** should’ve given Applause or GUY something 

Used to be HighRoad

TheRealJT

Applause, G.U.Y and  maybe John Wayne deserved at least nominations. 

KingRedd

I really wanna see who is getting the VVA.

Everyome saying Katy, but Gaga’s videography is iconic. She made music videos an event again after they became sorta “look Im pretty” types. Her videos were so must watch and may people either loved or hated her for them. Either way she had everyone’s attention and forced others to step up. Gaga may have toned down her video style but to completely disregard her impact and career making videos is sad. I like Katy, but Gaga is not only a video queen, but has show stopped and uplifted the VMA every time she attends. Her performances and outfits were huge talking points. If anyone “deserves” to be recognized it’s Gags. 

Unless she turns it down every year and they hate her low key and will never give it to her... Cancelled 

May I Read You? 😎

TEANUS

This kinda makes me think maybe we’ll be getting at least her first VMAs appearance in 6 years. She hasn’t even acknowledged MTV/ the VMAs even when they tweet her, recognize her on social media, or something.

If so I’d be very hopeful for her to use it as an official launch for the LG6 era/ lead

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

LilyLark

I'll be curious to see if she goes. VMAs have definitely lost a lot of relevance and mostly target artists with a younger fan base nowadays—the Arianas and Halseys of the world rather than the Rihannas, Adeles, and Gagas. Could be a good launching place though if she's doing a single, which she has always done in the past, before a late LG6 release.

Also find it kind of funny that she didn't mention Bradley at all since she did in the past when Shallow/ASIB were nominated/won awards.  Sis doesn't not want to flame those flames.

gagaxsebert
2 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Also find it kind of funny that she didn't mention Bradley at all since she did in the past when Shallow/ASIB were nominated/won awards.  Sis doesn't not want to flame those flames.

Sis doesn’t want more of them Russian comments questioning “is she a singer or a slut?”

Used to be HighRoad

1 hour ago, imitalian said:

Does she deserve the VVA this year tho? 

She didn't put up a good mv since 2014. I wouldnt be mad if they gave it to Katy. 

No but there are so many instances where others have won something without being deserving. So if LG gets it even with her crappy post 2014 videos, then I'm all for it. 

MonsterMom

What if her and Bradley made their first appearance together since the Oscars at the VMA’s to accept an award for Shallow :excited2:

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2019 at 10:31 PM, TEANUS said:

This kinda makes me think maybe we’ll be getting at least her first VMAs appearance in 6 years. She hasn’t even acknowledged MTV/ the VMAs even when they tweet her, recognize her on social media, or something.

If so I’d be very hopeful for her to use it as an official launch for the LG6 era/ lead

Oh...she didn´t appeared the last 6 years???

But she wansn´t nominated in this time, right?

So, now she is nominated two times...how are the chances, that she will appear??? Has she normally send any hint in the social media, that she will appear at a show or something?

I really want to watch it...late in the night here...but only, when she will be there!!!

James Gibson
22 minutes ago, Vejuno said:

Oh...she didn´t appeared the last 6 years???

But she wansn´t nominated in this time, right?

So, now she is nominated two times...how are the chances, that she will appear??? Has she normally send any hint in the social media, that she will appear at a show or something?

I really want to watch it...late in the night here...but only, when she will be there!!!

In general Gaga acknoledges when she's up for big awards.

I was hoping she'd make a surprise appearance when winning SOTY just like in the MTV Movie Awards last year.

However considering this year's lack of star power. I doubt MTV would let an artist with a big fanbase like Gaga to attend without announcing it first.

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived