What's your favorite album?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite album?

• The Family Jewels
    • Electra Heart
    • FROOT

Featured Posts

PaperIz

She'd probably buy the song, twerk the lyrics, and say she wrote it.

​I haven't heard of Katy doing this like I've heard of Beyonce' and Bieber and others. Plus she has a lot of material pre-fame that she did.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
blacklistedd

​They co-write with her, but that's it. Her first album featured no writing credits from Bonnie.

​Damn so she takes full responsibility for writing UR So Gay and the rest of that wack album? Yikes.

​Damn so she takes full responsibility for writing UR So Gay and the rest of that wack album? Yikes.

​OT but I think her first album is probably her best album, it was sarcastic, she wasn't trying to be childish in the cartoon ways she is now (the video for Ur So Gay was more tongue in cheek) and it's definitely not a bunch of vapid songs like Firework and Peacock

she has a lot of work with Glen Ballard that exists on the corners of the internet that you might want to check out

PaperIz

​byeeeee. One of the Boys is her best. Ur So Gay could have probably been constructed a little smarter, but the album is truly a gem.

blacklistedd

​OT but I think her first album is probably her best album, it was sarcastic, she wasn't trying to be childish in the cartoon ways she is now (the video for Ur So Gay was more tongue in cheek) and it's definitely not a bunch of vapid songs like Firework and Peacock

she has a lot of work with Glen Ballard that exists on the corners of the internet that you might want to check out

​I've checked out everything over the years. I've always thought she was wack, opinion made pre-gaga so it has nothing to do with that bias monster nonsense. Not even trying to be a dick, shes hands down one of my least favorite pop stars of all time. Not just in terms of her musical output but as a public figure as well. I think shes just lame from every single angle. Ill never understand what anyone sees in her besides at surface level being attracted to the pale girl with jet black hair thing or during the OOTB-era she had this snow white meets dita von teese look happening. The only tracks i've ever liked by her was a Calvin Harris remix of Waking Up In Vegas and then Teenage Dream the song. But it is off topic.

So to bring Marina back into the mix.....idk....I actually have nothing to say about Marina at this moment hahah.....froot repackaging? i wish there was more to say about that?

blacklistedd

​byeeeee. One of the Boys is her best. Ur So Gay could have probably been constructed a little smarter, but the album is truly a gem.

​Nah, don't agree in the slightest. Its cliche pop/rock garbage to me.

SS77

​Nah, don't agree in the slightest. Its cliche pop/rock garbage to me.

​One of the Boys is by far he best. It's honest. It's actually...her...if that makes sense, idk. The way she wrote, the way she acted throughout the era. During One of the Boys, she was like that 40s/50s girl next door chick. It was great. She let the unique raspiness of her voice shine with that album.

Then she decided to go with the commercial dance-pop route for Teenage Dream.

blacklistedd

​One of the Boys is by far he best. It's honest. It's actually...her...if that makes sense, idk. The way she wrote, the way she acted throughout the era. During One of the Boys, she was like that 40s/50s girl next door chick. It was great. She let the unique raspiness of her voice shine with that album.

Then she decided to go with the commercial dance-pop route for Teenage Dream.

​Its just a wannabe pop/rock album by a chick with a cliche rockabilly-poser motif. Im sorry, I just never liked her or thought she was dope. Sure the album isn't Peacock and Teenage Dream but its still cliche schtick just in a different form.

My Little Phoney

I'm seeing Marina live on monday (yeaaaay!)

Just a heads-up for any UK fans: I saw that Marina & the Diamonds are playing the opening night for the newly renovated 'Dreamland' amusement park in Margate, 19th June. More details here: http://www.dreamland.co.uk

Dorothy Gale

Is it true that Marina is quitting music after Froot?

Is it true that Marina is quitting music after Froot?

​no, she just said she didn't like the traditional album cycle and wanted to try doing EPs whenever she felt like putting something out

Torsoface

This performance is so good! Put on 720p50FPS it feels like you are actually in there :giveup: 

AND THAT LIGHTNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived