Vitleysingur

She ain't running a chairity or singing in a gospel choir. :duck:

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BgRaEgTaT
3 minutes ago, Edonis said:

TBH she's always done these kind of corporate partnerships. Google, Polaroid, Facebook, etc. have been part of her commercial strategy from the get-go. None of this is really new, at all. The difference is that right now she isn't in the middle of an album campaign. Maybe that's why it feels different to you?

I never said anything about how corporate partnerships are wrong or new, but they seem to be all she does now aside from starting her acting career (which maybe is what she IS passionate about now?)

Cody James
9 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

she wants all that money to get us quality content for LG6 :diane: 

I concur. I feel like it is just additional exposure prior to the next era. She is building up from what the GP considers the bottom. Starting with Joanne, ASIB, Haus of Laboratories, etc. 

Tom Nook

Idk I’ve been a fan since the beginning and I remember all the other stuff she has worked with :poot:

Lady%20Gaga%20Heartbeats.jpg

jpeg.jpg?f=16x9&w=1200&$p$f$w=dfa40e8

https://www.fastcompany.com/1507445/lady-gaga-taking-over-world-one-business-venture-time

Plus don’t other artists kinda get into side businesses to maintain financial longevity since I don’t think they can survive on music sales alone like touring, fashion brands, food product investments etc. :oprah: 

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

Pacify Him
1 minute ago, BgRaEgTaT said:

Well that means she was completely lying throughout the entire first half of her career constantly demanding that she hated money and wasn’t in it for the money etc etc?

Business people have always been liars, but tbh, Gaga is a prominent figure. She is a person whose schedule is booked for years to come. She has done TV, albums, event shows, movies, Vegas residency, etc.

She wouldn't do anything for free, as nobody should be.

I’m getting on your nerves

Cody James
6 minutes ago, Edonis said:

TBH she's always done these kind of corporate partnerships. Google, Polaroid, Facebook, etc. have been part of her commercial strategy from the get-go. None of this is really new, at all. The difference is that right now she isn't in the middle of an album campaign. Maybe that's why it feels different to you?

Speaking of google. I LOVED and got chills for The Edge of Glory Google ad she did years ago. ❤️

not a french fry
Just now, GagaVenusStan said:

I am really laughing now, I think she just likes the music and not the bling:ohwell:

Well I guess she TRIED to sell herself, but then she learned about hybrids, and bricks, strings, and how ARTPOP can mean anything

social experiment gone wrong

Tom Nook
3 minutes ago, BgRaEgTaT said:

Well that means she was completely lying throughout the entire first half of her career constantly demanding that she hated money and wasn’t in it for the money etc etc?

She hated money but she also said she hated the truth so... :selena:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

LateToCult

Well Enema ain’t paying the bills, girl. You want LG6 to have a budget or nah?

Edonis
14 minutes ago, BgRaEgTaT said:

I never said anything about how corporate partnerships are wrong or new, but they seem to be all she does now aside from starting her acting career (which maybe is what she IS passionate about now?)

I mean, she's not really campaigning new music right now though? We know she is making new music for her next solo album, we just don't know when it's coming out officially with an exact date. I completely understand where you are coming from and why you might feel that way though, so I don't mean to discredit your post or feelings. I just think most of this kind of sentiment about her more "corporate" gigs from fans are just because she's not simultaneously serving hyper-pop zeitgeist with the medium that made us all fans in the first place: her music. But that's not to say she can't or wont in the future with Haus Labs and LG6, which will happen eventually.  The question is when and how that all happens.

Edit: And I do want to emphasize, she is a mainstream, major-label act. As much as has the persona of something much more than the typical top-40 pop star the GP associates people with, she is very much the antithesis of an indie act. Corporate funding and major revenue sources is always going to be part of her public persona and, well, brand.

Didymus
12 minutes ago, BgRaEgTaT said:

I think her way of explaining it to herself is that she doesn't really care about money personally, but does in the sense that it contributes to the well-being of her family. She's said a couple of times that she considers her wealth something to share with her family, that she's contributing to the legacy of "the Germanottas" etc., I think she does value money but is able to separate that from her artistic processes.

But yeah, it'd be nice if she just clarified it for once :emma:

LGMonster95

Y'all need to stop acting like it's a bad thing that Gaga gets money from her projects, it's a great thing and she needs to do this as a business woman, she has always been doing those kind of stuff. Just a month ago at one of her Enigma shows she was talking about her not doing projects just for money but because she's passionate about it, she was like getting emotional while saying this.....

dynamite

Just the money? No. It's obviously going to be a factor though.

But it's not shocking that a celebrity/business/brand wants to make money. 'Lady Gaga' is a brand, and brands usually market themselves to make as much money as possible. If there's an opportunity it would be stupid not to take it. It's not like she's quitting music in favour of a clothing line. If she wants to perform at corporate gigs that's entirely her choice. She's already paid for a **** ton of her own material because the label wouldn't hasn't she? She's likely going to reinvest it all back into her music and chickens anyway. 

Either way it's not our business and as long as she keeps making music, playing her instruments and singing live then nobody has any reason to complain.

Plus as someone pointed out above, she's been doing side projects from the start.

Schwerk

She's very entrepreneureal, just like her parents. She's also very loyal, so she loves helping her friends realize their dreams, in this case Sarah. She tries not to loose sight of her message with every business she ventures in, which I find admirable.  (Not the point here, but I would've loved to see a model that isn't skinny AF in her HAUS commercials) I do feel some distance from the fans, which is probably a lot better for her mental health. 

I do sometimes feel the business side overpowers the music and the message, like the collabs with Tiffany's or TAG  or the fact she does Enigma industry gigs, but doesn't keep her promise to return to Brasil.  There's probably very good reasons behind all these decisions, and me not being a succesfull artist or business woman am not really informed enough to judge. 

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

BgRaEgTaT
Just now, LGMonster95 said:

Y'all need to stop acting like it's a bad thing that Gaga gets money from her projects, it's a great thing and she needs to do this as a business woman, she has always been doing those kind of stuff. Just a month ago at one of her Enigma shows she was talking about her not doing projects just for money but because she's passionate about it, she was like getting emotional while saying this.....

Thank god that I said good for her in my post yeah? I am just pointing out the undeniable difference in her career and behavior now vs the first half of her career and that it feels a little corporatey when you compare :saladga:

Archived