💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Disney’s Freeform claps back at racists against Halle

Kimmo

Featured Posts

fede ARTPOP
9 hours ago, Bio said:

Sis why does someone’s skin color bother you so much? Why is the movie ruined because the character is black? Maybe you should look inside yourself and see how racist you are. There’s still time to change that behavior. 

9 hours ago, Bio said:

Disney fans can still be racists tho lol wys?

Is not racism, Ariel is such an iconic character same as many Disney characters, just imagine a dark Simba, Aladdins Genius Green, or even the Simpsons blue...:giveup:

🖤 C H R O M A T I C A 🖤

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Queen Bitch
2 hours ago, TMM90 said:

so when someone of color has their roots in denmark and his/her family has been living in denmark for generations, do you still see them as foreigners?

No I don't. I see their nationality as being danish. 

gypsy101
12 hours ago, nerdfacekillah said:

why is disney trying to make movies with real actors of these well known animated films? they are great just the way they are, animated:awkney:

there’s this crazy thing companies love, it’s called

MONEY

Bio
1 hour ago, fede ARTPOP said:

Is not racism, Ariel is such an iconic character same as many Disney characters, just imagine a dark Simba, Aladdins Genius Green, or even the Simpsons blue...:giveup:

Those characters are iconic because their colors are not human. 

illySpencer
4 hours ago, gagzus said:

You’re just proving my point though, how come when a PoC or LGBT character is cast it HAS to be political? Perhaps she- you know, auditioned like everyone else and Disney found her to be the better actress and embodied Ariel, which physically and vocally she absolutely does she has Ariel’s facial features pretty much and has the same range as Jodie Benson has with better control. 

This is incorrect the first ever Disney live action adaptation of it’s classics was Cinderella in 1997 with a racially diverse cast co-produced by Whitney Houston with Brandy- a black woman, as Cinderella, and the film is objectively better than the 2015 film. The film got a lot of backlash for having a black lead, just like this one is getting. It has absolutely nothing to do with reinterpretation or “Beyoncé” and everything to do with racism- the Disney cartoon version is literally set in the Caribbean without a single PoC besides Sebastian’s voice actor anyways which automatically makes the cartoon already less accurate than this version so far. If anything the casting we SHOULD be complaining about is Ursula, because Melissa absolutely does not embody nor has shown in her acting ability the depth to embody Ursula’a character, she should’ve been played by a Drag Queen easily since she’s based on Divine and was meant to be voiced by him but he sadly died before the movie was made.

Well if you wanna see a white Ariel, watch the cartoon or look up other iterations of it, Halle can easily wear a wig or die her hair red it’s pretty easy so that’s that off the table- like how Sophie Turner isn’t a redhead but in GoT and Xmen she is, it isn’t hard.

And also Disney is literally now a money making corporation that capitalises on nostalgia and is buying up almost every Hollywood studio there is, like... there’s a reason they no longer make original stories anymore, even their newer stories after TPATF are Pixar animations not Disney ones, you’d be a fool to think they’re NEVER gonna make another adaptation again, when the next generation comes in the next few decades and their classics have a resurgence in popularity, they probably will make another adaptation.

Finally, I just wanna say; controversy alone is gonna make this popular and black children and their families will finally get to see themselves represented from their childhood classics, so we can easily assume they’ll make a sequel loosely based around the direct to VHS sequel with Ariel’s daughter Melody. So there’s gonna be more PoC representation in that sequel and hopefully it opens up a door to show you don’t need 100% white casting to make a good movie (even though Black Panther already proved that as the only Marvel film to ever get Oscar nominations).

Actually she didn't auditionned for the role. Back in March Rob Marshall said he didn't know when the audition for Ariel would be. He said "maybe this summer". He also said that the live action was supposed to be very close of the first film. So known this, it's clea that Hailey got the role because of someone inside Disney, or maybe because of Beyonce.  

You talked me about this movies with Bandy ? He was not even out on cinema, only on TV. So the wordl didn't know about it, only because it was out from the dust. I didn't know it existed. How is the same situation ? 

You talked me about the representation about the black ppl, but what about the real red head ppl who are constansly erase from Hollywood ? They have also the right to have a representation and Ariel is.   

gagzus
8 minutes ago, illySpencer said:

Actually she didn't auditionned for the role. Back in March Rob Marshall said he didn't know when the audition for Ariel would be. He said "maybe this summer". He also said that the live action was supposed to be very close of the first film. So known this, it's clea that Hailey got the role because of someone inside Disney, or maybe because of Beyonce.  

You talked me about this movies with Bandy ? He was not even out on cinema, only on TV. So the wordl didn't know about it, only because it was out from the dust. I didn't know it existed. How is the same situation ? 

You talked me about the representation about the black ppl, but what about the real red head ppl who are constansly erase from Hollywood ? They have also the right to have a representation and Ariel is.   

Even if they didn’t host open auditions, you still have to audition and provide evidence you can act. They may have seen her in Grownish and asked her if she wanted the part and then she would’ve had to have auditioned with whomever is playing opposite her like how Gaga did for ASIB. It’s not tv, film takes a lot more money to make so you can’t just throw in actor’s willy nilly.

The original live action Cinderella is relevant because the sheer star power in the cast would’ve easily made it eligible for a cinema release. Brandy, Whitney Houston, Whoopi Goldberg, Victor Garber- they were ALL at their peak popularity by this time in cinema. But because Whitney proposed it be a mixed to mostly black cast, Disney only were willing to make it a TV movie with ABC. Black people deserve to see themselves represented, same goes for LGBT people, other PoC deserve it too when majority cinema and tv is white and heterosexual-cisgender.

And please, never ever compare the struggles of black people to people with RED HAIR 💀 people with red hair can literally change their hair colour at any given point, and aren’t oppressed or descriminated against. Black people cant change their skin colour or race or ethnic features so easily.

If Disney wanted to be as racist and exclusive as their fans seem to be, they could’ve easily stated in their casting that they only wanted natural red heads (which would exclude basically all non-white people). Disney has made their decision, and a good one which is a step forward.

gag
33 minutes ago, illySpencer said:

I can’t... y’all really think gingers face the same kind of oppression that black people do. Get a grip please. If we’re speaking about Hollywood representation, literally 2/5 of the last Best Actresses were gingers while a black actress hasn’t won since Halle Berry in 2001.

GINGERS :applause: ARE :applause: NOT :applause: OPPRESSED

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

JusKeepBreathin

Who care what ethnicity a made up creature is?  This is ridiculous. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

illySpencer
1 hour ago, gag said:

I can’t... y’all really think gingers face the same kind of oppression that black people do. Get a grip please. If we’re speaking about Hollywood representation, literally 2/5 of the last Best Actresses were gingers while a black actress hasn’t won since Halle Berry in 2001.

GINGERS :applause: ARE :applause: NOT :applause: OPPRESSED

Ginger was oppressed ! Lear your history : And they still buliyed right nowadays ! So please...  

JazzGa
5 hours ago, illySpencer said:

That's such bullshit. You don't give one single sh*t about 'redhead representation" and no one does, stop pretending like you do care about that. It's a weak excuse to cover up racism. If you gave one single sh*t about "redheads being represented by real redheads" then this would not be the first time you said something. Give me 3 examples of "redhead roles being appropriated by non redhead actors" that you called out, if you actually care about that.  That's right, you don't actually care if a blonde or brunette white woman is cast as a redhead. You don't and no one does. 

Where is your energy for redheaded characters Ally Maine, Lucy Ricardo, and the Weasleys who were all played by actors who dyed their hair? That's right, you have no energy for that, because no one does, because it's not important, and you just wanna make a lame excuse for hating on Halle's skin color. 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

The Child
21 hours ago, Pacify Him said:

The largest vocal group against this casting are the Disney fans so... it’s not even about the racists, it’s their market.

Not at all lmao

20 hours ago, Zander said:

I swear not even comic book fans get as rattled as this when there superhero gets put in a film and isn’t 100% as accurate to what it was in the comic books. Some people just hate change can’t get past the mentality that because it was that, it has to always be that. It’s not like you’re changing a historical event. You’re changing a fictional mermaid which isn’t based on anything real. 

Oh yes they do. They got so mad at Captain Marvel!

20 hours ago, August3 said:

Since when can ethnic danish people be black? Especially in the 1800s?:oprah: 

Ariel is not danish though, the author may be danish but it doesn’t make his characters danish.

18 hours ago, illySpencer said:

Not really. We pissed off because Disney uses the Little Mermaid to make it political when it shouldn't be. If Disney, changed all their live action movie, it wouldn't be a problem, but they never did that. They never change the color of the skin or the ethnicity of their princesses in the past. They do it not for no reason, maybe to be cool (or maybe because of Beyonce !).

That's not fair, ppl like me waited for decades to see Ariel in real life, to have the chance to see an actual movie with a mermaid under the sea, because it dooesn't exist. Yes, there are plenty of Cinderella, Snow White and Alice, but there is only one Ariel (because her name and her red head belong to Disney) and there will have no second movie about Ariel, so ppl like me will certainly die before they make another one again. That is the sad thing in that story.  

Since when being black is being political?

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Didymus
10 hours ago, Danjajr said:

Why do they have to cast this girl? This Halle Perry looks like Ariel's evil sister, this girl straight up looks evil. She looks like she wants to kill Triton to rule the 7 seas.

That is 100% Ariel.

illySpencer
1 hour ago, Satans Ex Wife said:

That's such bullshit. You don't give one single sh*t about 'redhead representation" and no one does, stop pretending like you do care about that. It's a weak excuse to cover up racism. If you gave one single sh*t about "redheads being represented by real redheads" then this would not be the first time you said something. Give me 3 examples of "redhead roles being appropriated by non redhead actors" that you called out, if you actually care about that.  That's right, you don't actually care if a blonde or brunette white woman is cast as a redhead. You don't and no one does. 

Where is your energy for redheaded characters Ally Maine, Lucy Ricardo, and the Weasleys who were all played by actors who dyed their hair? That's right, you have no energy for that, because no one does, because it's not important, and you just wanna make a lame excuse for hating on Halle's skin color. 

Ally Maine was not a red head at the begining of the movie, GaGa didn't take the place of a red head, that's the difference, that you clearly not understand. When the weasley was choose i was eleven and I don't know who is Lucy Ricardo. It's not because I was young at this time that makes my fight right today. 

What's wrong with you ? Who are you to tell me that I'm not relevant in that fight, because I said nothing about this characters ?  

The Child
8 hours ago, gypsy101 said:

there’s this crazy thing companies love, it’s called

MONEY

M-O-N-E-Y so sexy!

6 hours ago, illySpencer said:

Lmao so do natural red haired people exist? I mean red like Ariel’s hair is red, not ginger.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

I’m not racist against her, it’s cool I guess. I just hope she can pull of the iconic red hair :firega:

Archived