💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Sia responds to Swiftie’s “blackface” accusations

Kimmo

Featured Posts

Musicisfreedom

I hope nobody here saying Sia was doing blackface defends Gaga for the photoshoot where she literally tans herself to a point where she literally looks like she's trying to be black. Context can't only matter when it's your fave - you can't be that ignorant.

normal_153.jpg

Bitch I'm Madonna

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HotLikeMexico
27 minutes ago, Musicisfreedom said:

I hope nobody here saying Sia was doing blackface defends Gaga for the photoshoot where she literally tans herself to a point where she literally looks like she's trying to be black. Context can't only matter when it's your fave - you can't be that ignorant.

normal_153.jpg

This is a tan like you said. People will obviously twist this and say Gaga was doing black face. People have already brought up Ariana as well for tanning. I don’t see how a spray tan equates to black face. 

Musicisfreedom
21 minutes ago, HotLikeMexico said:

This is a tan like you said. People will obviously twist this and say Gaga was doing black face. People have already brought up Ariana as well for tanning. I don’t see how a spray tan equates to black face. 

Neither does painting yourself into a wall. Both of these are in bad taste, I'd say - but far from blackface. Of course I know neither meant it as anything offensive.

Bitch I'm Madonna

HotLikeMexico
36 minutes ago, Musicisfreedom said:

Neither does painting yourself into a wall. Both of these are in bad taste, I'd say - but far from blackface. Of course I know neither meant it as anything offensive.

And I completely agree with you. Based off Sia's response, assuming what she's saying is genuine, she didn't have ill intent behind what she did. Its unfortunate because to the normal viewer it's in bad taste.

Musicisfreedom
19 minutes ago, HotLikeMexico said:

And I completely agree with you. Based off Sia's response, assuming what she's saying is genuine, she didn't have ill intent behind what she did. Its unfortunate because to the normal viewer it's in bad taste.

Thats why I hate stan culture. Context doesn't matter and they'll find a reason to cancel anybody, even if they meant no harm. I know for certain Gaga and Sia both were completely genuinely unaware of how this would look. Maybe it's in poor taste, but I'm sure they did not have any ill intentions 

Bitch I'm Madonna

VTV

Can someone lock this messy thread.

This is so disrespectful to Sia and fans.

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

LilyLark
7 hours ago, Musicisfreedom said:

Thats why I hate stan culture. Context doesn't matter and they'll find a reason to cancel anybody, even if they meant no harm. I know for certain Gaga and Sia both were completely genuinely unaware of how this would look. Maybe it's in poor taste, but I'm sure they did not have any ill intentions 

Sia's was in more poor taste than Gaga—that pic of Gaga with the dark tan everyone keeps posting was run through a filter to look even darker (it was already quite dark though). But at the end of the day, Sia obviously did not intend at all for it to come across as blackface, and it is not blackface, even though my first reaction was yikes and that was stupidly insensitive/dumb to not realize how it could come across. Context matters, though. And nearly every major pop girl has done something along those lines or far worse—for far worse, there's an example of a very famous pop girl (not Gaga or Sia) whose name I won't mention, because some of y'all will start dragging Gaga even tho she has sh*t to do with it, that said/did some verry racist things ten or so years ago and it probably would have ruined, or severely damaged her career, in 2019. I've always been kind of shocked that it's never resurfaced.

LilyLark

And I knew some of you all would start trashing Gaga and posting that V magazine photo (which is already bad enough) of her run through a filter to make her tan look even darker or the photo of her with the group of people, which I'm old enough to remember was always referred to as "allegedly her" when some tabs covered it because no one could even confirm it was her and not someone cosplaying dressed up as her, with two of the men in the photo in (unintentional or intentional) brownface. I've heard multiple explanations for the latter photo (and to be fair, Gaga herself isn't doing anything offensive except stupidly being in the same photo—it's the two guys in the group photo who are doing wrong)—from it's not Gaga with those guys, Gaga looks coked out and wouldn't normally pose with two people like that, to it's a dirty party at a sex club and so the brownface by the two men is unintentional.

Point is can we keep Gaga out of this sh*t—she's done a good job of avoiding the drama—and as fans we should be above posting that V photo which can cause trouble for her and isn't even in  its original state. And no, I don't think people should cancel Sia because as cringeworthy as it is it is not intentional/technically blackface. I'm a WOC and tired of people not realized how insensitive sh*t can come across, but it was obviously not done on purpose—and people in 2019 are a lot more sensitive and aware than they were even a few years ago.

Anyway, context matters.

Taide
17 hours ago, Bio said:

Swifties need to go to sleep immediately. And Taylor needs to apologize for the mess she made. This is completely absurd.

Are you dumb? She didn't start anything. JB started this with including Taylor in his insta caption, then Taylor released a statement on Tumbrl and after that celebrities hopped on this.

Nobody asked them to get involved, so why is Taylor responsible for the "mess" these artists themselves created?

HotLikeMexico
1 hour ago, LilyLark said:

Sia's was in more poor taste than Gaga—that pic of Gaga with the dark tan everyone keeps posting was run through a filter to look even darker (it was already quite dark though). But at the end of the day, Sia obviously did not intend at all for it to come across as blackface, and it is not blackface, even though my first reaction was yikes and that was stupidly insensitive/dumb to not realize how it could come across. Context matters, though. And nearly every major pop girl has done something along those lines or far worse—for far worse, there's an example of a very famous pop girl (not Gaga or Sia) whose name I won't mention, because some of y'all will start dragging Gaga even tho she has sh*t to do with it, that said/did some verry racist things ten or so years ago and it probably would have ruined, or severely damaged her career, in 2019. I've always been kind of shocked that it's never resurfaced.

Are you talking about Miley? 

Musicisfreedom
2 hours ago, LilyLark said:

I sure hope you're not talking about Madonna 

Bitch I'm Madonna

Musicisfreedom
2 hours ago, LilyLark said:

And I knew some of you all would start trashing Gaga and posting that V magazine photo (which is already bad enough) of her run through a filter to make her tan look even darker or the photo of her with the group of people, which I'm old enough to remember was always referred to as "allegedly her" when some tabs covered it because no one could even confirm it was her and not someone cosplaying dressed up as her, with two of the men in the photo in (unintentional or intentional) brownface. I've heard multiple explanations for the latter photo (and to be fair, Gaga herself isn't doing anything offensive except stupidly being in the same photo—it's the two guys in the group photo who are doing wrong)—from it's not Gaga with those guys, Gaga looks coked out and wouldn't normally pose with two people like that, to it's a dirty party at a sex club and so the brownface by the two men is unintentional.

Point is can we keep Gaga out of this sh*t—she's done a good job of avoiding the drama—and as fans we should be above posting that V photo which can cause trouble for her and isn't even in  its original state. And no, I don't think people should cancel Sia because as cringeworthy as it is it is not intentional/technically blackface. I'm a WOC and tired of people not realized how insensitive sh*t can come across, but it was obviously not done on purpose—and people in 2019 are a lot more sensitive and aware than they were even a few years ago.

Anyway, context matters.

Nobody here is trashing Gaga? I am only criticizing people who love to pick and choose who can and cannot make poor choices, who's is justified, etc. And maybe the Gaga one was less insensitive than Sia's, but that doesn't change that both were ignorant moves. I can admit that about the artists I love. my fave is Madonna, and she has made plenty of mistakes. It comes with the realization that we're all human and we all have had our share of ignorant moves. i don't like idolizing people and expecting perfection

Bitch I'm Madonna

LilyLark
11 minutes ago, Musicisfreedom said:

I sure hope you're not talking about Madonna 

It's not Madonna—probably shouldn't have even brought it up, because I know the pop girl has stans on here, and it just will turn into a tearing every artist down contest (and I do think the she apologized/grew). My point remains though that nearly every pop girl/pop icon (and the male musicians are even worse like Axl Rose and Eric Clapton), some more than others, has done something sh*tty or associated with someone sh*tty or done something that can look awful out of context (or is seen as far worse nowadays).

Edited:

But yeah, I agree that people are complex and complicated and sometimes do sh*tty, terrible things—it doesn't mean they are evil or should be cancelled forever, especially if they've shown that they've grown as a person and aren't the same. Axl Rose used to be a horrendous human being, and he's become far more enlightened and changed.

Archived