💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

Lizzo slays MTV Movie Awards - “Juice”

LateToCult

Featured Posts

LateToCult
6 minutes ago, AHippieIsBorn said:

Can I just say something? This is not a drag, I'm being honest from a health perspective. 

I was very into the performance but halfway through or less you can tell she's struggling for breath and to keep going. I'm all for equal representation and body positivity, but I also think there's a difference between body positivity and unhealthy. Like, it seems like if she gave this much energy for a 1.5 or 2 hour set, she would legit pass out. 

Love her and her music and most recent album. But I've noticed this over the last few live performances I've seen of hers.

Drag me if you want but I'm just being honest. :tony:

I think she sounded fine. Ariana and Selena treat their microphones like inhalers a few seconds into their minimal choreography and don’t sound as clean as some parts of Lizzo’s performance did.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
phillipaf
2 hours ago, JFK said:

There is no White male/female in her squad so she lost few points there for me.

I won't give yall guys to be hypocrites and that's the reason why I'm highlighting that. While most of the white artists get trashed due to lack of inclusivity - people of color don't.

However, I adore Lizzo.

Idk if you know this but Lizzo actually got a diverse, all girls dance crew with her at all times. These were probably the dancers MTV wanted or Lizzo just wanted that choir/dancecrew on stage with her. Where's the harm?

Destiney's Child was all black. Should they've swapped Bey for Gwen Stefani or what? :poot:

56 minutes ago, JFK said:

No, I just noticed it and wrote it. You made a big deal out of it AND started to offend.

odds stacked agains her by being plus sized, black, and a woman 

- not the whole word is the US; some people are actually civilised.

Where in the Western world would a plus-sized black woman be unscathed by racism, sexism and/or fatphobia?

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

11 minutes ago, AHippieIsBorn said:

Can I just say something? This is not a drag, I'm being honest from a health perspective. 

I was very into the performance but halfway through or less you can tell she's struggling for breath and to keep going. I'm all for equal representation and body positivity, but I also think there's a difference between body positivity and unhealthy. Like, it seems like if she gave this much energy for a 1.5 or 2 hour set, she would legit pass out. 

Love her and her music and most recent album. But I've noticed this over the last few live performances I've seen of hers.

Drag me if you want but I'm just being honest. :tony:

I'm sorry but this is so transparent. She sounds no worse than some skinny performers and for some reason you aren't going onto a Selena Gomez or Britney Spears thread talking about how their health damages their vocals? You're not looking at this from a 'health perspective' man.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

TSUNAMI
46 minutes ago, phillipaf said:

Idk if you know this but Lizzo actually got a diverse, all girls dance crew with her at all times. These were probably the dancers MTV wanted or Lizzo just wanted that choir/dancecrew on stage with her. Where's the harm?

Destiney's Child was all black. Should they've swapped Bey for Gwen Stefani or what? :poot:

No, but Michelle sis :triggered:

TSUNAMI
1 hour ago, LateToCult said:

Jesus I don’t know where to even start here.

For starters, I understand that you feel like white people are facing some type of oppression. And I will agree that white people do experience racism. The nature of racism in itself doesn’t exclude anyone because we all have some type of definitive characteristics, cultures, etc. We can all experience racism.

Where I disagree with you is how you are actively looking for small details to justify putting the plight of white people on the same level as the plight of black people. 

They are not the same and you better be thankful that they aren’t otherwise your life would be totally different. 

You took issue with the fact that Lizzo doesn’t have any white dancers. In your mind that equates to white exclusion. But why can’t you look at it as Lizzo trying to lift people in her community? There are plenty of examples out there where there were no black dancers on a dance team (see Alejandro music video). Lizzo’s performance is heavily inspired by the choirs in black churches and her rendition of “Juice” was more soulful so it actually makes sense to have an all black group because it’s part of the culture her song is taking inspiration from.

There’s literally so much I can write right now now but I’m not going to because quite honestly I know I’m not gonna change your mind. I recommend you talk with people outside the internet who deal with real racism and exchange view points. You’re probably gonna be surprised how fast arguments like yours dissolve when you verbally communicate them. 

Now we can talk.

You're completely right.

Except the fact that it's still not equal. If the white singer comes out referencing white culture (I mean, probably would because white culture is left on guns, wars and cars.) she would get slammed. Until being white, black, red, green, yellow, pink, etc. isnormal we're not all equal and I will forever fight for that and yall can think of me whatever you want.

Btw, it's hard to find anyone in Croatia who fights the racism because this issue isn't current in my country. I mean, there probably is but the laws we have in place to protect minorities are REALLY serious.

Kudos for collecting your thoughts and to give me an actual response and treating me like a human being without presumption that I'm miserable. Now that's a valuable exchange that I love even when I'm not right and correct.

LateToCult
16 minutes ago, JFK said:

Now we can talk.

You're completely right.

Except the fact that it's still not equal. If the white singer comes out referencing white culture (I mean, probably would because white culture is left on guns, wars and cars.) she would get slammed. Until being white, black, red, green, yellow, pink, etc. isnormal we're not all equal and I will forever fight for that and yall can think of me whatever you want.

Btw, it's hard to find anyone in Croatia who fights the racism because this issue isn't current in my country. I mean, there probably is but the laws we have in place to protect minorities are REALLY serious.

Kudos for collecting your thoughts and to give me an actual response and treating me like a human being without presumption that I'm miserable. Now that's a valuable exchange that I love even when I'm not right and correct.

I really don’t understand what you mean. If a white girl came out referencing white culture? White people reference those kinds of things all the time in various ways. Outside of music (and on the extreme side) you get cases like Kent State Gun Girl who is a literal racist and homophobic troll and then you also have like half of country music (that we literally don’t care about). People are free to reference that stuff so I don’t really get your obsession with that point.

Archived