đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Could this be a future scandal?

Louvre

Featured Posts

So G*psy has started to become a derogatory term towards Romani people. A lot more people are starting to realize its not a great thing to say, P!nk even talked about it when she was in a recent Ellen interview and how she had found out that word can be offensive. Do you think that people in a couple years could look at Gaga's song and consider it to be offensive? I know that Gaga was not trying to offend anyone obviously but I've already seen some people on Instagram talking about how that song is offensive. What do you all think?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mucinex

i don't think she'd remove ANOTHER song off of ARTPOP but she'd definitely acknowledge it & apologize if it became that big of a scandal

+ people were talking about that when the album came out. i'm sure Gaga HAS to know it's offensive by now

Can't wait to see the linguistic landscape after we proclaim all words offensive and derogatory :vegas:

mucinex
Just now, sipthistea said:

This song is even worse than Gaga's Gypsy because it plays a huge role in furthering the negative stereotypes with Romani people whereas Gaga's version, arguably, is harmless besides the title of the song 

River

In music Gypsy became a word that describes a free spirit/a traveler/somone with a home that moves from place to place.

It's not about the people but about their way of life, so I don't see it as racist.

If you want to see a real racism against the Roma, go to Europe.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Bonkers

She's too busy wrecking homes to  care.  

Spoiler

I'm here for it 100%
Qup6.gif

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Zander

But a Gypsy is commonly known as "a member of a travelling people traditionally living by itinerant trade and fortune telling" or "a nomadic or free-spirited person."

Even if it's offensive in Romania, as long as it's not offensive in Azerbaijan Gaga won't see a problem with it.

MaryJaneHolland
11 minutes ago, Runway said:

Maybe in Romania 

6 minutes ago, MasonG said:

Even if it's offensive in Romania, as long as it's not offensive in Azerbaijan Gaga won't see a problem with it.

Ddd it has nothing to do with Romania :selena: 

Runway
Just now, MaryJaneHolland said:

Ddd it has nothing to do with Romania :selena: 

omg. Shows how the majority is out of touch with that word, so no it can't become a scandal :selena:

Andreu

It took me five years not to be uncomfortable with the song for this very reason

Archived