Jump to content
Stefani Tee
🎤 Use code GAGAVEGAS at SeatGeek.com to get $20 off tickets 🎤
society

Vatican: Non-binary gender is fictitious

Featured Posts

SimonSays
1 minute ago, fathermonster said:

:air: If you are serious I am utterly flabbergasted. So "society" tells us what gender we are? "Society" is present at every birth like, "Yeah you can be female". 

I mean, we can't decide what sex a new baby is lol what I'm trying to say is that gender is a social construct after all.

Do they tell us? I don't really have an answer to that, but all my life I've been told to act like a man, like, if I don't act and look the way society wants me to be then I'm wrong or acting like a girl. Do you understand that? 

I'm lucky for growing in a society that is actually making changes. Even when I have to face stereotypes, I feel lucky that I can do many activities that would get me punished in the past. 

Maybe the way you read my post was too literal? 

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
fathermonster
2 minutes ago, SimonSays said:

I mean, we can't decide what sex a new baby is lol what I'm trying to say is that gender is a social construct after all.

Do they tell us? I don't really have an answer to that, but all my life I've been told to act like a man, like, if I don't act and look the way society wants me to be then I'm wrong or acting like a girl. Do you understand that? 

I'm lucky for growing in a society that is actually making changes. Even when I have to face stereotypes, I feel lucky that I can do many activities that would get me punished in the past. 

Maybe the way you read my post was too literal? 

Oh I understand what you mean now! Haha Yeah I think it must of read it too literally. :) 

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
SimonSays
2 minutes ago, fathermonster said:

Oh I understand what you mean now! Haha Yeah I think it must of read it too literally. :) 

Oh thank god :messga: I didn't know how to explain that in english

  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Electric Mary
1 hour ago, davflz said:

so you support NB-people but also don't want to give them legal recognition? :huntyga:

I respect it, I cant stop them from thinking they're something different from male/female, but when u want to create laws for it, i'm not quite sure why

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
ltlmnstr

I read every comment and no one wants to mention Gender Dysphoria

Like we have studies of brain scans of Trans people with brains that are formed differently.

I’m really tired of every Trans discussion on here it becomes a bunch of Cis people telling Trans people they are not real.

Where are the Trans members of GGD? Band together.

  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
hoeslay
2 hours ago, ltlmnstr said:

I read every comment and no one wants to mention Gender Dysphoria

Like we have studies of brain scans of Trans people with brains that are formed differently.

I’m really tired of every Trans discussion on here it becomes a bunch of Cis people telling Trans people they are not real.

Where are the Trans members of GGD? Band together.

Hi. It's me. Your local nonbinary bad bitch. Everyone in this thread: uneducated. 

  • Like 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
imnotyourbabe10

It is a damn shame that, with access to science and tech at our fingertips, many cultures or societies still believe that gender is a "real" thing.  Gender is a social construct, a performance, a "thing" that is "reified".  There is a difference between biological sex and gender.  I vote that we start labeling babies not as "boys" or "girls" but as "penis" or "vagina" or "intersex" as applicable.  By labeling them with the binary boy/girl, we are already imposing societal assumptions or socialized roles/norms onto the child.  I hate to use the sex organ as the way to classify but it might be better than "pink and blue," you know?

I would also point to Goffman's analysis of bathrooms to demonstrate that gender is a construct.  There is no inherent need for men/women's bathroom differentiation when the need they serve is biological and a shared biological function, no less.  Why the separation?  That is the societal imposition or assumptions around the differences between the genders.

(This is oversimplified but was just trying to get the point across briefly).

  • LMAO 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kapi09
1 hour ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

many cultures or societies still believe that gender is a "real" thing.

Fortunately just 99% of people... :huntyga:
Biolology is the real thing. You can change your apperance but not who you are. We are Born This Way and we should accept our sex...
 

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
gagzus

The level’s of irony in this from a RELIGIOUS institution calling something fictitious is sending me

2012ga is my aesthetic
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...