Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

Is it too early to be nostalgic?

Guest Anisko

Featured Posts

Guest Anisko

lately i start noticing that most of fans (at least 90% of our fanbase) are literally living in the past including me .. most of the time i just found myself watching only old gaga's performances  with a mixed feeling of being nostalgic and sad  about something that would never comeback again ..  don't get me wrong i really respect gaga as an artist and i'm in love with what she achieved so far .

BUT for me that's not a good sign because we all  knew that  people who live in the  past  they don't want to deal with the present or at least they're not happy  about it ..  and that's exactly what most fans are dealing with .. 

some fans here will maybe say that's a normal  thing for a fan to be nostalgic and i agreed  but with gaga that's happened so early .. let's all agree that she's still in the beginning of her career and 11 years is nothing compared to artists like cher and madonna .

i really love gaga cause she's the one of the few artists that i  deeply admired but seeing myself  most of the time bored, and uninspired (gaga's ART used to be a strong inspiration for me) makes me extremely sad . hope everyone will understand . 

monketsharona

I'm alway fine with Gaga bringing fresh new stuff. But I still miss her old dark and crazy self making some elaborated bops.

I'll be always here for more pop / dance Gaga anyway. 

In any case I feel like Gaga will experiment a new phase with LG6 / next albums. A phase that will be totally different of the toned down Gaga we had for Joanne / ASIB. 

Guest Anisko
1 minute ago, monketsharona said:

I'm alway fine with Gaga bringing fresh new stuff. But I still miss her old dark and crazy self making some elaborated bops.

I'll be always here for more pop / dance Gaga anyway. 

In any case I feel like Gaga will experiment a new phase with LG6 / next albums. A phase that will be totally different of the toned down Gaga we had for Joanne / ASIB. 

this 

i'm not against evolvement  and bringing something new to the table (that's why i'm so grateful for C2C ) but the weird stuff and the extravaganza is what made me a fan .. 

Suspiria

I agree. It feels like she is just "resting on her laurels" at this point, which is exactly what she said she wouldn't do. Other than ASIB (which for some reason she refuses to perform), the past 3 years have just been greatest hits shows and jazz covers, and before that Joanne was just completely uninspiring. It feels like forever since she did anything creative.

After 7 years of non-stop fascinating, mind blowing creative output, it's sad to see she's just not that artist anymore. But with all the teasing of LG6 since 2017, it's even harder to move on lol.

Guest Anisko
6 minutes ago, GAGAJANDRO said:

Nah I respect and watch performances from all those years, the thing is that her career is very much alike Madonna’s. Remember when gaga had successful albums up until ARTPOP (oh well of course you remember:derpga:

But the thing is that the ARTPOP scandal with naked performances/public appearances (Dublin, London for example) is the same scandals Madonna had under her Erotica period. She had Madonna, Like a Virgin, True Blue & Like a Prayer that was successful, then Erotica came and everyone started hating on her & under the Bedtime Stories eras. Then she re-invented herself with Ray of Light & Evita (see Gaga’s A Star Is Born & POSSIBLE LG6). So I disagree with that:trollga:

the controversy existed from the day one in gaga's career and that's a part of the whole package .. so that's not the reason why ARTPOP under-performed (compared to her other albums) .

also that's not what i meant with this thread .. i'm just talking about why we're extremly nostalgic when i's too early for that . i mean i'm a madonna fan too and it's totally normal for me when i felt nostalgic listening to ray of light but i can't get that when it comes to gaga .. it's too early 

Economy

Ppl here get nostalgic fast

I've been seeing comments like "pop music was good until 3 years ago now it's crap"

Ppl been saying that for the last 10 years on this site :emma:

Guest Anisko
1 minute ago, Economy said:

Ppl here get nostalgic fast

I've been seeing comments like "pop music was good until 3 years ago now it's crap"

Ppl been saying that for the last 10 years on this site :emma:

where's the lie ? 

pop music is going downgrade since 2012 let alone the last 3 years lol 

PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE NOSTALGIC WITH ALL THE CRAP MUSIC RELEASED TODAY . 

Guest Anisko
26 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

I agree. It feels like she is just "resting on her laurels" at this point, which is exactly what she said she wouldn't do. Other than ASIB (which for some reason she refuses to perform), the past 3 years have just been greatest hits shows and jazz covers, and before that Joanne was just completely uninspiring. It feels like forever since she did anything creative.

After 7 years of non-stop fascinating, mind blowing creative output, it's sad to see she's just not that artist anymore. But with all the teasing of LG6 since 2017, it's even harder to move on lol.

:cryga:

quote-pop-music-will-never-be-low-brow-l

IAmNotHere1997

She just needs to release some f*cking dance-pop/electropop songs and everyone will happy
This fanbase has been kinda tired and bored of ballads and jazz for the past years, and it's understandable

giskardsb

every era there are a group of fans already nostalgic about the previous ones.

giskardsb
1 minute ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

She just needs to release some f*cking dance-pop/electropop songs and everyone will happy
This fanbase has been kinda tired and bored of ballads and jazz for the past years, and it's understandable

not all of us.

Suspiria
1 minute ago, giskardsb said:

not all of us.

So you don't wish she'd release something new? Even an original jazz album would be good.

But these same old covers and the same stale studio versions of TF/M songs is very dull.

giskardsb
2 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

So you don't wish she'd release something new? Even an original jazz album would be good.

But these same old covers and the same stale studio versions of TF/M songs is very dull.

of course new, but not necessarily dance-pop/electropop or "tired of ballads and jazz".  

• Admin changed the title to Is it too early to be nostalgic?

Archived