Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

Classic Katy Perry is TRULY back.

ElectricKing

Featured Posts

ElectricKing

I loved some songs on Witness, but THIS feels like the epic Teenage Dream but evolved. This feels so nostalgic and takes me back to 2010-2012, such a simpler time. Ahh, memories.

This song has that pop-tastic energy like California Gurls did back when it was released as the lead from TD. It feel summery, fun but still relatable and interesting.

Anyone else felt like this when they heard this? I'm so excited for the full album!

edengowon

Oh I completely agree. It's like mature Teenage Dream

the artist formerly known as melancholia

DiamondKing

I still get Witness vibes from it. It's like the child of Witness & Teenage Dream :firega:

kvnrp

And I am SO here for it :giveup:

I hope good pop music from the big girls is coming back, this is a promising start :giveup:

Widows Kiss

It has really grew on me. Perhaps because I listened to it like 100 times already. :huntyga: But I think she'll still flop with this song, unfortunately. This would have smashed hard if Taylor sang it.

Harris Walz 2024

Very tricky part of her career. Her fanbase seems to love this and is supporting it. Her YT stats are really good and her likes/dislikes ratio is excellent :applause:

Widows Kiss
1 minute ago, Bio said:

If you mean generic music then yes

What were you expecting from Katy Perry? She was generic during TD and she still is. That doesn't mean people can't enjoy her songs, especially since this song is such a great throwback. 

SHALLOW
34 minutes ago, DiamondKing said:

I still get Witness vibes from it. It's like the child of Witness & Teenage Dream :firega:

The MV is kinda Witnessy tbh but maybe it's just that

DiamondKing
1 minute ago, SHALLOW said:

The MV is kinda Witnessy tbh but maybe it's just that

I feel like it's the maturity and the electronic vibes

Bio
15 minutes ago, Widows Kiss said:

What were you expecting from Katy Perry? She was generic during TD and she still is. That doesn't mean people can't enjoy her songs, especially since this song is such a great throwback. 

I don't think it's such a throwback tho, it sounds like Marshmello's song with Bastille.

petty

It’s kinda cheesy but that kind of pop is what got Katy to where she is in the first place so I’m glad she’s revisiting that sound. It’s what the pop girls of the 2010’s should be doing cough*gaga*cough let’s hope we get a BTW 2.0 because it’s what we deserve 

Widows Kiss
1 minute ago, Bio said:

I don't think it's such a throwback tho, it sounds like Marshmello's song with Bastille.

The production isn't but the structure definitely reminds me of old dancepop songs. It has become such a rarity for (pop) songs to have a pre-chorus and post-chorus as well as a proper bridge.

Battle 4 Ur Life

thank you for TASTE. she has truly delivered her best.

Smash With a Smile

Archived