question

Does ASIB deserve AOTY?

KatieJudasGaga4

AOTY  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it deserves it?

Featured Posts

bitchimtrying

I feel like it's definitely going to take home Best Soundtrack Album, but as long as it gets at least  nominated for AOTY i'll be happy. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LouiseVeronica

Probably Thank U, Next? Have soundtracks been up for AOTY before? With only one well known song, I'm not sure the ASIB soundtrack deserves album of the year when there are other albums with multiple hit singles. If Homecoming is nominated I will roll my eyes SO hard tho

TheRealJT
7 hours ago, GenericPhag said:

Imo the only hurdle would be getting the nomination. Since it was released so long ago they might forget about it come voting time. Since they already nominated Shallow in the GF and it won Pop Duet they might feel that they've given ASIB enough attention. But since the Grammy cycle is shaping up to be pretty weak and it is clearly one of the strongest albums, I think it has decent shot and could win if nominated. The only lock right now is probably Thank u, Next with ASIB, WWAFAWDWG, and When I Get Home as the next most likely to be nominated. In a perfect world, Cuz I Love You and Dedicated would both get nominated.

It’s going to get nominated. There’s 8 spots and there hasn’t been that many Grammy type albums released so far. Thank U, Next is not a lock. Ariana has never gotten a nomination for one of the top 3 categories before and Thank U, Next might be a little too controversial and teen boppy for AOTY, with songs like Break Up With Your Girlfriend. But I will admit because it’s such a slow year it does have a better chance than usual.

This is a perfect opportunity for Kendrick to swoop in and take everything 

JR Gg
4 minutes ago, LouiseVeronica said:

Probably Thank U, Next? Have soundtracks been up for AOTY before? With only one well known song, I'm not sure the ASIB soundtrack deserves album of the year when there are other albums with multiple hit singles. If Homecoming is nominated I will roll my eyes SO hard tho

Thank U, Next does not have any chance to win. Nomination, yes. Win, no.

androiduser

I voted yes, but in the end it depends on the albums that will be out by the end of the consideration period. The main problem is that by the time voting begins, ASIB will already be almost a year and a half old, so it wouldn't make much sense to be the winner in 2020.

Born To Slay

Imagine Bradley Cooper having another Grammy lol

That said, it should go to Billie. Her album is amazing.

Jollibee

They should re-release the soundtrack to make it fresh again for the voters.

Economy

None of us are qualified to answer this

The academy has to go thru a lot of content just to decide on the nominees.

I doubt anyone on GGD has heard enough entire albums to genuinely judge whether or not ASIB is worthy of the title in relation to other albums :neyde:

Economy
29 minutes ago, LouiseVeronica said:

It's not always the most commercially successful that wins tho they look at multiple factors

I remember in the early 2010s 4/5 of the nominated were from big artists but some rock band with much lower success ended up winning album of the year

And Justin Bieber was beat by Esperanza Spalding for best new artist and no one knew who the hell she was

So while Grammys are influenced by success to a degree there's other factors they look at too :shrug:

mamo
8 minutes ago, The13thNote said:

It will win best soundtrack. Thats in the bag. 

47 minutes ago, bitchimtrying said:

I feel like it's definitely going to take home Best Soundtrack Album, but as long as it gets at least  nominated for AOTY i'll be happy. 

I think it's only threat is possibly 'The Lion King' which is yet to be released but as of now ASIB has the greater chance of winning. 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

TinyGa

I was just remembering yesterday how huge the movie and soundtrack were in the media and with media twitter types... people were talking about it for weeks and weeks even before the release. No idea if that will translate to Grammy votes but that soundtrack had influence. :ally:

Archived