Jump to content
Stefani Tee
opinion

Will LG6 Singles Flop?

Featured Posts

Nikolai Barrow

The singles will do great! This reminds me of all the people who thought shallow would flop. She almost always dominates sales plus with her new found streaming force status and radio support. I don't know if they will be as big as shallow but they're gonna be pretty damn successful. Probably no matter the genre she releases

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheBatman

I doubt she will flop, she can easily get a few more top ten hits on the next album, maybe even a number one if the song is strong and has a great video. I just want her to be truly inspired, and to make great visuals to accompany the songs. My biggest fear is that it will be an album of million reasons and shallow, great songs but both boring as hell. I need the weirdest pop girl to be the most exciting and interesting again. 

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
A Hybrid
1 hour ago, GhettoFabulous said:

Honestly don’t know there’s no formula for a guaranteed hit :lolly: 

I’ve developed one. I call it “Advanced Direction in Essence, Longevity and Emancipation”

or shortly, Adele :huntyga:

I just wanted to be one of The Strokes

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
theahsfan
24 minutes ago, ChrisC said:

Yes, it is not a guaranteed hit because her sound is different from radio trends. I agree. Buts it’s also cause her team is messy with the promo and execution of the singles which might even be a greater factor in determining their success. Anyways, my point was that it is never a guarantee which is what I was trying to tell the other user who seemed so baffled as to why this thread exists 

Yup, I agree 100% with you here 

I think if she releases a pop song that isn't too experimental she'll get a big hit again, ideally with the music video released on the same day, but I honestly question if she's smart enough to do that

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
LouiseVeronica

I've lost perspective on what is considered a flop anymore. Madonna is my favorite and she might not get on the hot 100 for any new singles, but still I am thrilled as a fan at what she is creating and putting out there. Meanwhile look at the top 10 rn, to me, tragic. I'll never understand the success of some of these throwaway tracks. Gaga certainly can have big hits still, especially after ASIB being so massive, but I don't care if it's a hit or a flop as long as I connect with the music.

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
A Hybrid
9 minutes ago, theahsfan said:

Yup, I agree 100% with you here 

I think if she releases a pop song that isn't too experimental she'll get a big hit again, ideally with the music video released on the same day, but I honestly question if she's smart enough to do that

Genius Little Managers at it again :air:

I just wanted to be one of The Strokes
  • LMAO 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nikolai Barrow
9 minutes ago, theahsfan said:

Yup, I agree 100% with you here 

I think if she releases a pop song that isn't too experimental she'll get a big hit again, ideally with the music video released on the same day, but I honestly question if she's smart enough to do that

Ummm she's incredibly smart and knows exactly what she's doing. 10 years on in her career she's still kicking ass. I trust her judgement

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
theahsfan
11 minutes ago, A Hybrid said:

Genius Little Managers at it again :air:

Correctamundo

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
theahsfan
11 minutes ago, Nikolai Barrow said:

Ummm she's incredibly smart and knows exactly what she's doing. 10 years on in her career she's still kicking ass. I trust her judgement

Even after the messy rollouts of ARTPOP and Joanne? 

Edited by theahsfan

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
GhettoFabulous
26 minutes ago, A Hybrid said:

I’ve developed one. I call it “Advanced Direction in Essence, Longevity and Emancipation”

or shortly, Adele :huntyga:

Sis’s day will come y’all just wait and C! :poot: 

Edited by GhettoFabulous
LG6 is NEVER coming

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
BgRaEgTaT

What she needs to do is plan everything out herself and really figure out her direction for the era. Every single needs to be chosen before the first single is even released, as well as music video concepts, performances etc...that way she can have plenty of time to execute them well. For her last two solo albums she has literally said that her team basically picked the first single and that she was super rushed when it came to making the videos...like mess. I can’t believe Gaga, who calls herself the boss, allows that...you’d think she’d have a very clear vision for how she wants everything rolled out...

Also the whole mess of a situation that always comes around when she releases promo singles and seemingly has no plan for her second single just needs to stop. Please omg..release one song as a single at a time...this keeps the hype going for the album and gives the world the proper chance to really soak in/enjoy each single.

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
theahsfan
10 minutes ago, BgRaEgTaT said:

What she needs to do is plan everything out herself and really figure out her direction for the era. Every single needs to be chosen before the first single is even released, as well as music video concepts, performances etc...that way she can have plenty of time to execute them well. For her last two solo albums she has literally said that her team basically picked the first single and that she was super rushed when it came to making the videos...like mess. I can’t believe Gaga, who calls herself the boss, allows that...you’d think she’d have a very clear vision for how she wants everything rolled out...

Also the whole mess of a situation that always comes around when she releases promo singles and seemingly has no plan for her second single just needs to stop. Please omg..release one song as a single at a time...this keeps the hype going for the album and gives the world the proper chance to really soak in/enjoy each single.

Yeah, she's had plenty of time to plan carefully

Hopefully that's why she's taking so long

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nikolai Barrow
35 minutes ago, theahsfan said:

Even after the messy rollouts of ARTPOP and Joanne? 

ARTPOP wasn't her fault. Management fell apart. Joanne was fine! Million reasons went top 5 and before that stayed on the charts forever.  Plus Joanne was never going to be an overly commercial album. But went number 1 anyway which says something. If you think about how many pop stars have come and gone in the 10 or 11 years she's been around. Even compare her to her peers. She's doing fantastic. Not many people can keep a pop career thriving that long. She knows what she's doing.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
theahsfan
Just now, Nikolai Barrow said:

ARTPOP wasn't her fault. Management fell apart. Joanne was fine! Million reasons went top 5 and before that stayed on the charts forever.  Plus Joanne was never going to be an overly commercial album. But went number 1 anyway which says something. If you think about how many pop stars have come and gone in the 10 or 11 years she's been around. Even compare her to her peers. She's doing fantastic. Not many people can keep a pop career thriving that long. She knows what she's doing.

Sure she has hits from them but she always releases at what feels like the wrong time, releases the music video after people stop caring, never sets up spotify or radio deals, switches second singles last minute etc

She just needs to plan ahead this time around 

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...