Stefani Tee
society

European countries for LGBT rights ranked, Azerbaijan last

Featured Posts

BadMonster
1 hour ago, Flopplause said:

I'm surprised the netherlands is ranked lower on the list :lolly:

I'm not, e.g. the Dutch constitution states discrimination on any grounds is illegal, but it doesn't count for this list unless it's literally mentioned :rip:  If you look up  the specifics for The Netherlands it mentions they adopted a law that'll come into effect later this month and that will tackle 10 of the 24 points in the equality and non-discrimination category, so they'll go from 6/24 to 16/24 instantly later this month. They're also working on specifically mentioning sexual orientation and gender identity in article one of the constitution, but that takes more time/effort

Edited by BadMonster
  • Love 1

neptugne

Poland so low :'((( 

• Love 1

little legend

Oh that's why Gaga is flopping in Azerbaijan :poot:

• LMAO 1

little legend

I'm surprised that my country (Greece) is so high :vegas:

• Like 1

rumours

Gonna go drink a malt to celebrate Malta

ice cream money GIF by Boomerang Official

• Like 2

Supersonic
31 minutes ago, affection said:

We need to differentiate the laws from the actual acceptance within society. This list gives an indicator for LGBT acceptance overall but this would look very different if we looked at the actual reality of LGBT life within those societies. In reality it is much worse for most of those countries with a few exceptions.

Also laws are kinda notoriously known for being... broken lol. Having laws that protect you in your workplace from discrimination is nice, but workplace discrimination is probably the most common form of discrimination (especially here in Germany). I haven't come out in ANY of my previous workplaces because right from the get go I knew that I would not have been welcomed and that it would put a target on my back, retail is especially awful.

And there's no way of fighting back really, civil lawsuits cost money and unless you have a CCTV recording of your boss saying "F*CK YOU YOU F*CKING F*GGOT I'M DISCRIMINATING YOU ON THE JOB" it would be pointless anyway. I'm not even sure if you got a video of that, it would be ruled in your favor after that huge scandal of a celebrity getting raped on camera some years ago and the judge ruling "saying no and physically struggling against somebody does not constitute that you're getting raped".

Majestic, the future is electric.
  • Like 2

geopang

Hmmm. I wonder why Turkey and Azerbaijan are at the bottom of the list🤔.

CrazyMonster
2 hours ago, OBEY said:

France 62%? :emma:

I mean wtf I’m French and I wouldn’t have rank France that high.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá
  • Thanks 1

CrazyMonster
44 minutes ago, geopang said:

Hmmm. I wonder why Turkey and Azerbaijan are at the bottom of the list🤔.

What are you trying to say? Just make your point or don’t post anything.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 1

OBEY
4 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

I mean wtf I’m French and I wouldn’t have rank France that high.

Why? you’ve encountered lots of homophobes in france ?