Stefani Tee
question

What were gaga singles that never ended up getting a release?

Featured Posts

Candy Gaga
8 minutes ago, Hi Its Nicole said:

Yeah but Starstruck was also supposed to be the 3rd single

I think it was supposed to be the second. They wanted BDR then Starstruck then Poker Face became the one released.

• Like 2

T3rrorBlade
1 hour ago, Animal Claws said:

No, this is fan made

You can find the real snippets in Facebook

Please.. Can you at least describe it?  :giveup:

Edit: Nevermind:)

Edited by T3rrorBlade
Already saw it..
▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ FIREPROOF ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

likeitrough
1 hour ago, pascualgenis said:

She teased that there was the continuation for telepapa, we assumed was aura because i think it is obvious but anyway... not everything happens in a week, but the reflection can be for a longtime.

papa? 
ma ma pa pa?
ma ma pa pa pa perfect illusion?
:sis: 

• LMAO 1

ARTEPOPINTHELIFE
6 minutes ago, likeitrough said:

papa? 
ma ma pa pa?
ma ma pa pa pa perfect illusion?
:sis: 

Telepapa = Telephone + Paparazzi

xoxo

GAGAJANDRO
1 hour ago, Candy Gaga said:

That was Boys Boys Boys not Starstruck sis 

Well I twisted it up, it was planned to be the second/third single and B,B,B was planned as the last:huntyga:

I’m banned until October

derpmonster
1 hour ago, GAGAJANDRO said:

Starstruck was planned as the 6th single from The fame but was scrapped due to Bad Romance’s fame

I believe it was Boys Boys Boys. Starstruck was promo since the very beginning, even before the album was released. It would've done great as an actual single though. Interscope was banking on the success of Paparazzi and the dark imagery in the video and live performances to push Bad Romance asap which was similarly dark unlike Boys Boys Boys. 

Join my FB Gaga sh*tposting group: I'll Never Release LG6 https://www.facebook.com/groups/185450449037808/
  • Like 1

derpmonster
26 minutes ago, Candy Gaga said:

I think it was supposed to be the second. They wanted BDR then Starstruck then Poker Face became the one released.

Thank God it did. :)

Join my FB Gaga sh*tposting group: I'll Never Release LG6 https://www.facebook.com/groups/185450449037808/

whateveradore

The Fame> Starstruck was supposed to be the 2nd single, but Just Dance was such a hit that they changed their minds to follow the pop club vibe, Beautiful Dirty Rich was also a choice for the second single until Poker Face took its rightful place, Boys Boys Boys was thought to be the 5th single but they canceled that to start the Fame Monster era.

The Fame Monster> Monster was supposed to be the lead single, that until Gaga finished writing/producing Bad Romance, Dance In The Dark was supposed to be the 3rd single from the era they even sent it to some radio stations in Europe but Gaga changed it to support Alejandro, speaking of support Gaga wanted Speechless to be the 4th single but the era ended with only 3 for some reason. 

Born This Way> Marry The Night was supposed to be the lead single but they changed it to born This Way as Gaga has already previewed on VMA and Monster Balls, Scheisse was supposed to be 2nd single  but they changed it to Judas (it was also a choice after Marry The Night, Gaga even talked about it on LM. com), Heavy Metal Lover was the choice for the 6th single  but  due to Marry the Night underperformed  that never happened ... Gaga wanted the era to have 10 singles her choices included Government Hooker and Fashion Of His Love.

ARTPOP> Gaga wanted Aura to be the lead, again, Interscope not so much (rumors has it that she leaked herself the Burqa Demo cause of that), Venus was supposed to be the second single there were even posters promoting it but Do What u Want was getting more attention due to the Beats by Dr.Dre commercial so they changed it, Gypsy was a choice for the final single but after G.U.Y underperformance that never happened ... Gaga asked fans on Twitter which single they would have like to have after the SwineFest, I'm pretty sure Sexxx Dreams won that poll over MANiCURE.

Joanne> A-Yo was supposed to be the second single but Million Reasons gained so much success that they changed their minds.  

• Like 3

MrDarkGa

Born this Way's OG singles were totally different from what we got. I know that Marry the Night was in the running for the lead, Schieße was supposed to be single'd and Heavy Metal Lover was supposed to be one as well. I think Electric Chapel may have been in the running as well due to the neon sign in the Judas video. Coulda been a continuation. There was stuff about it being a visual album with every track getting a video but idk how legit that is.

!HISTORY LESSON!

As for ARTPOP, I think if Aura had been released as a single at all there would have been scandal, especially in the UK and the middle east where her reputability is shaky at best. The song for a start glamorizes and sexualizes the Burqa to a degree when it is a dress of utmost modesty. There's also the twisting of the phrase cultural appropriation which would no doubt be applied here. 

Also in the UK in 2013 and up to this day there is a LOT of anti-muslim/islam feeling as a result of ISIS etc. In 2012 a British soldier was brutally murdered and decapitated on the streets by two extremists related to ISIS. This was followed by a lot of chatter around "Ban the Burqa" which increased rapidly and lingers to today.

If Gaga had dropped this song with full single treatment and possibly its OG name, I doubt it would have even charted in the UK. She would have been lynched for it and the fallout would have been far worse than the ARTPOP era as a whole. 

As for VENUS, its a good song but I dont know if it's lead worthy. Applause may be lyrically weak and didnt do too well but it is the best song for the lead off what we got. It had the summer vibe and really was fun. Sexxx Dreams wouldnt have gone too far as we still have a LOT of prudes in the world imo (same reason Dancin' in Circoes would have been a bad choice) unless it was dropped as X Dreams. MANiCURE could have done well. Gypsy was a wasted oppurtunity as well. It could have been the closer to the era had it been handled better. 

As for ASIB, they simply didnt need to push any other singles. Shallow ran from pre-movie-release until the era finished with no issues. It scooped plenty of awards and kept a place on the charts, so releasing another single would probably have underperformed to a degree in comparison. Also, ARUTW and INLA probably didnt get a release after Shallow because they are solo Gaga and part of the film's schtick was that Bradley had "learned" (Oscars.... yikes) to sing live. They would have been misconstrued as Gaga songs and a bit of an on-the-nose move to push the superstar singer to create more success, especially following the choice to bill Gaga as Gaga and not under Stefani as originally planned. There arent a lot of single-worthy duets in the movie aside from Shallow anyways.

Edited by MrDarkGa

AlexanderMagno

Most of the rumours are just fan made.

Venus, Aura, A-Yo, Boys Boys Boys. These are the only songs that were confirmed to be singles but were not, and we know the reasons. Every other song that was rumoured to be a single is just fans' wishes.

• Like 2

Bloody Grammys
2 hours ago, RoverLoader said:

So I've been listening to Born This Way today and it struck me how odd the single realeases for that album were. Judas was a strange choice for second single and was it true Edge of Glory was rush released after the relative disappointment of Judas in the charts? I adored Heavy Metal Lover, but I know that wasn't a single contender. Wasn't sheibe rumored to be a single at one point?

With ARTPOP, wasn't Venus supposed to be the lead single and somehow it never was released as a single at all? Howcome there have been no more official singles from ASIB? I love the strategy and discussion around single releases, so if ya'll have good memories of why certain songs were picked over others, please do share!

From The Fame: Boys Boys Boys was originally going to be the first single before Just Dance. And the Starstruck was going to be a single but they released Bad Romance.

From TFM: Her team wanted to release Dance In The Dark instead of Alejandro but Gaga pushed Alejandro instead.

From Born This Way: MTN was originally the lead single but they went with BTW and kept pushing it until it ended up becoming the 5th single.

From ARTPOP: Gaga wanted Aura as the lead single but her team decided to go with Applause. At some point they wanted to go with Gypsy or Sexxx Dreams but went with Venus. They ended up switching it up to  DWUW bc of success.

Df+2~1, Df+2, F+31, BT+2, BT+14 S! WR+3, AOP1+2

DovakhiinSasha
3 hours ago, Animal Claws said:

About, Born This Way singles, Scheisse was supposed to be the 2nd single, but Interscope didn't think the song strong enough, so, was replaced with Judas.

Heavy Metal Lover was planned to be the 6th single, but was cancelled because Marry the Night underperfomed.

About ARTPOP singles, Sexxx Dreams / MANiCURE was meant to be the lead single, so much that she even announced on her social networks, but was replaced with Applause.

Venus would be the 2nd single, after Aura and Telephone continuation be rejected.

One of the many reasons ARTPOP has not been a success is the choice of singles

At the meet and greet after the Artrave she indeed said manicure should've been a single. She named some other songs as well but I don't remember. Indeed applause wasn't supposed to be lead.

Edited by DovakhiinSasha

Defmix100
36 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Most of the rumours are just fan made.

Venus, Aura, A-Yo, Boys Boys Boys. These are the only songs that were confirmed to be singles but were not, and we know the reasons. Every other song that was rumoured to be a single is just fans' wishes.

didn't Gaga make a poll for manicure or sexxx dreams though?

TeenIdle
2 hours ago, FfFfFfFF said:

The Fame Monster: Gaga and her label had a dispute around the last single, while the label wanted Alejandro she wanted Dance In The Dark 

It's the other way around

Host of Globalvision
  • Like 1