💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

MARINA - LOVE + FEAR

Gam

Featured Posts

HausOfHarlow
On 4/27/2019 at 2:04 PM, youandi said:

Fully stand by that a change in the way its presented makes the album better. I've set the tracklist as this so far and it's working wonders (I loved it anyway but it flows so well like this and doesn't feel too bloated) 

1.Handmade Heaven
2.Life Is Strange
3.Emotional Machine
4.Orange Trees
5.Baby
6.Enjoy Your Life
7.To Be Human
8.Believe In Love
9.Too Afraid
10.No More Suckers
11.Soft To Be Strong
12.End Of The Earth

Having it this way feels so tight, cohesive, I absolutely love it and it's really elevated the album for me. I could try and slot Superstar in somewhere, maybe after Believe In Love but I can take or leave True, You and Karma. If there was a good edit of the Please Don't Call Me demo somewhere I'd put that in too, probably after Life Is Strange

In regards to Please Don't Call Me, is the demo that leaked not considered high quality? The version I found has the same sound quality / volume level as the other album tracks. I added it onto my album in my iTunes.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
youandi
4 hours ago, HausOfHarlow said:

In regards to Please Don't Call Me, is the demo that leaked not considered high quality? The version I found has the same sound quality / volume level as the other album tracks. I added it onto my album in my iTunes.

Maybe I'm just being fussy but parts of it just sound off to me compared to the rest of the song. Kinda like when I'm Not Hungry Anymore leaked, it sounded good but parts were too loud and didn't sound finished but someone did that amazing edit and changed the outro. Like I feel like the Please Don't Call Me outro needs changing too but that's just a personal preference 

Gagaloo911

I definitely prefer Fear over Love. 

Karma and No More Suckers are the best by far. Also Believe in Love and Too Afraid are good. 

Then from Love, Superstar and Orange Trees are my faves. 

Infinity Wave

I just listenes to Love+Fear in full, and I have some concerns.

She said she created it as two separate records, but the production is imo way too similar. I know  it clearly has to be cohesive but it doesn't even sound like a different record to me in some parts. 

Than, the themes. Almost all of Love revolves around the "everyone's a human being" theme and ok, I get that, but it's presented ALWAYS in the same way, like it's a beatiful, beatiful theme for a song but it's so genericly thrown in some songs to the point it seems ferfetched and unauthentic.

Fear on the other side explores different themes, or, well, themes are discussed in somewhat different ways, but the songs all have this feeling of nostalgy, like she didn't want to create a bop or a banger even when she could have (You, Karma, Emotional Machine) because she just wanted the words to speak out, but that could have been an option if she was a top class writer, and sadly that's not the case.

Overall, the extreme use of "falsetto" or head voice - instead of the over processed vocals of Froot - feels like a file rouge but makes some songs sound the same. The production is too "light", like I wasn't expecting the overproduced sound of EH but maybe a something ala Froot or even just like the demos that leaked. 

I'm happy with some songs tho, like To Be Human, HH, You amd some others. I think they perfectly represent the album in its entirety and if she just stuck to them, instead of writing similar themed song with the same production, the album would havr been a better product. 

Imho, TFJ = Froot >>> L+F > EH

Colourful

Hey guys, I recorded a cover of To Be Human, which is my favourite track in the album. This is the link, in case you're interested: 

BOMSHELL

Emotional machine, karma and life is strange are THOSE BITCHES

crisTEAne

i've been listening to FEAR on repeat these last couple of days. WOW, marina, you did THAT. :giveup:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

crisTEAne

hi its me again

okay

this album is LITERALLY PERFECTION (especially FEAR)

GOSH 

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Villanelle

Saw her live in London last night and my god I loved it! Been a fan for 10 years and was front row.

What a beautiful woman.

Sam98

The fact that she's not coming to Italy with her tour really bugs me. Like, even Lana came last year after many years and she even had two dates, in Rome and Milan (something not even Gaga has the decency of doing :interestinga:

☄️ Before there was love, there was silence 🌌

Villanelle
3 minutes ago, Sam98 said:

The fact that she's not coming to Italy with her tour really bugs me. Like, even Lana came last year after many years and she even had two dates, in Rome and Milan (something not even Gaga has the decency of doing :interestinga:

It really is nothing to do with Marina personally. She explained something on her live stream just last week about how it works when it comes to touring. Companies suggest venues to the artist and issue a certain amount of money/seats or whatever. I can't remember the exact details but it's quite complex- and quite unfair because for smaller artists they go off the previous tours and if they underperformed etc, which can hurt the artist's touring possibilities. 

I've not worded it very well but basically unless you're say, Ariana Grande at the moment, touring is tricky

Poissonche
19 hours ago, T E A said:

hi its me again

okay

this album is LITERALLY PERFECTION (especially FEAR)

GOSH 

When only LOVE was released, I must say I was very scared. LOVE alone felt cheesy, preachy, too happy for it to be realistic. But with FEAR, everything makes sense. "I hate this city but I stay because of you" gives a different tone to Handmade Heaven, Superstar, Orange Trees.  Same thing with Believe In Love and Superstar. Enjoying her life and staying true to herself seems less easy with Life Is Strange.

To me, LOVE represents what you want to project of yourself to others, what you want to see yourself and your life as. FEAR is the real sh!t you wanna hide. The concept is great and well executed.

But listening to LOVE + FEAR, I find it hard to believe it came out after FROOT. Decrease in production quality, in maturity, in lyrics. LOVE + FEAR needs to be listend to in full to be fully appreciated and understood, which can be seen as a quality or a flaw. And you have to take time to reflect on all the songs to get their full quality. And then you go back to FROOT and you say MARINA, you lost your diamonds (ain't I funny). Excited nonetheless to see what the next album will be like.

Still jamming to the album, it's still good, just not on par with what we know that woman is able to do.

• 5 weeks later...
Magneto

I'm sorry for bumping this thread, but I keep coming back to this album. The lyrics are way too real and kind of hooked themselves in my brain. Most of the songs are so so resonating with my life atm and the album really makes me feel down, but comforted in the same way. I feel heard and understood and I haven't been able to enjoy any other music for the past month. It's super super weird and I don't remember having bonded with an album as much as this one.

The end:vegas:

Free my mind

HausOfHarlow

Thanks for bumping. Let's keep the album alive on GGD! Love + Fear has been such a pleaser to my life lately. I have been constantly listening to it since its release! 

• 5 weeks later...
Inferno

As time has progressed I find more and more value in Enjoy Your Life. Its such a simple joyous song that just makes me feel happy when I listen to it. Especially considering what I have been going through personally this past week, as corny as this sounds (and I am never one to discuss songs in this manner as I usually find it corny for people to say what im about to say but in this case it was honest to god truth) listening to her lyrics as a mantra with its joyous production on my car ride helped in alleviating some of my glum vibe. Because as simple a concept as it may be, its sometimes what we need to hear. And quite honestly in 2019 we don't hear it enough at least not this straightforward.

Archived