Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga's Team

adamsenigma

Featured Posts

LUO YI
4 minutes ago, WarriorPhoenix said:

I agree somewhat

Freddie has been really amazing at some times but he wasn't serving at the SAG or Critic's Choice Awards and the Oscars could've been 10 million times better. However, his looks at the Globes, National Board of Review, Grammy's and ENIGMA have all been sickening as hell and among his best. 

Sarah is also amazing at times and questionable at others. Her recent looks have been really incredible, however most of her Joanne looks either looked like Gaga had been crying or made her look about 30 years older (I think it's mainly the eyes). However neither of them are AWFUL, they're just not always amazing. 

Richy is also an option... I really liked The Cure choreo, The Fame ENIGMA choreo and the John Wayne choreo however many of the JWT choreos were questionable... plus... he'll be choreographing on LG6 :madge:

I am not saying any of her team are bad at what they do, they're just not consistently incredible or consistently awful.

This. They are not consistent with their work and that frustrates me so much. 

The night sky tells all

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
edengowon
Just now, SimonSays said:

This. They are not consistent with their work and that frustrates me so much. 

Imo they should be consistently good and stay or be consistently awful and be fired, I'd rather lose their incredible looks and get a new stylist or get consistently good looks from them. They make an incredible look one week and then something really questionable another week.

the artist formerly known as melancholia

edengowon
3 minutes ago, A hunty said:

Girl unless you’re the one paying for their salaries you should just shut the **** up. How dare you insult the team that has been with her since the beginning of her career. To her they are not just her team. They are also her friends that she genuinely cares about, It doesn’t matter what you think sis in the end she’ll just stick to her guns and ignored your wasteful negative energy. 

If you’re not satisfied with her right now there are other artists that really delivering right now. Maybe you should try that girl, it makes you look less crazy in this forum.

Your point doesn't hold up

You can criticise any public figure, it's called free speech. They're public figures, therefore they are open to criticism.

Fingerella
1 minute ago, WarriorPhoenix said:

Your point doesn't hold up

You can criticise any public figure, it's called free speech. They're public figures, therefore they are open to criticism.

Of course it does. It’s like you said freedom of speech. 

And you’re in a Lady Gaga forum, anything negative about her or her team will always end up in a heated discussion.

edengowon
Just now, A hunty said:

Of course it does. It’s like you said freedom of speech. 

And you’re in a Lady Gaga forum, anything negative about her or her team will always end up in a heated discussion.

Telling somebody to shut the **** up for just stating their opinion is just abuse though :reductive:

davflz
3 minutes ago, A hunty said:

Girl unless you’re the one paying for their salaries you should just shut the **** up. How dare you insult the team that has been with her since the beginning of her career. To her they are not just her team, they are also her friends that she genuinely cares about. It doesn’t matter what you think sis in the end she’ll just stick to her guns and ignore your wasteful negative energy. 

If you’re not satisfied with her right now, there are other artists that really delivering right now. Maybe you should try that girl, it makes you look less crazy in this forum.

Girl, there is no need to come at them with a tone like that. They didn't attack or insult her team and just stated their honest opinion. Their opinion is very much valid and something worth discussing, you know, considering this is a fan forum centered around LG.

Of course her team is very dear to her, but at the end of the day, this is a business, and if your team is not delivering appropriately or is only delivering mediocre results, that is an issue worth critizising. In a situation like this business should come first, would you just not bat an eye at someone that worked at your company if they were not delivering results? No, girl. It's not even that her team should be fired imo, but I think they should be challenged to step it up and keep their work consistent, which is very much a reasonable expectation for a team that works with someone of the status of Lady f*cking Gaga. Especially when her competition has teams that do manage to keep it consistent.

Fingerella
2 minutes ago, WarriorPhoenix said:

Telling somebody to shut the **** up for just stating their opinion is just abuse though :reductive:

Well I’m just stating mine girl. It’s really up to her if she wants to or not. The way I implied it wasn’t even abusive girl, it was in an opinionative manner. 

Sanne Godijn
2 minutes ago, davflz said:

Girl, there is no need to come at them with a tone like that. They didn't attack or insult her team and just stated their honest opinion. Their opinion is very much valid and something worth discussing, you know, considering this is a fan forum centered around LG.

Of course her team is very dear to her, but at the end of the day, this is a business, and if your team is not delivering appropriately or is only delivering mediocre results, that is an issue worth critizising. In a situation like this business should come first, would you just not bat an eye at someone that worked at your company if they were not delivering results? No, girl. It's not even that her team should be fired imo, but I think they should be challenged to step it up and keep their work consistent, which is very much a reasonable expectation for a team that works with someone of the status of Lady f*cking Gaga. Especially when her competition has teams that do manage to keep it consistent.

Maybe gaga doesnt care about competition and maybe gaga is just doing what makes her happy and thatsall that matters to me

giskardsb
2 minutes ago, davflz said:

actually no, Gaga's balance of life should come first.  Pop fans insist on treating everything like a business, seems rather warped to me.  Seems like many of you would have preferred she continue her mental breakdown from previous years in order to "serve" a few more looks for you.   Having a supportive team that keeps her grounded and sane is more important than anything else.   I wan't Gaga to have a long career, not a burnout. 

Fingerella
12 minutes ago, davflz said:

Here’s the thing maybe she’s not so caught up on competition anymore maybe she’s above it and she’s just freeballing her career since she’s been happy with the results recently.

Y’all are honestly implementing if she doesn’t deliver outfits she’s not delivering anymore. Girl she just won a ****ing grammy, oscar and golden globe. Give her a damn break she’s delivered enough. She’s a ****ing human-being sis.

davflz

10 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

actually no, Gaga's balance of life should come first.  Pop fans insist on treating everything like a business, seems rather warped to me.  Seems like many of you would have preferred she continue her mental breakdown from previous years in order to "serve" a few more looks for you.   Having a supportive team that keeps her grounded and sane is more important than anything else.   I wan't Gaga to have a long career, not a burnout. 

That has nothing to do with what I meant :toofunny: of course her work/life balance is the most important. I never claimed the opposite. And I am not at all insinuating that I want her to sacrifice her happiness in order to serve looks. 

I'm saying that when it comes to choosing who you work with (which very much is a business decision, since her visual appearance is influencing how her music and projects come across), I think she should choose people who are best suited for the job. And I think it is also in Gagas interest to have an excellent visual team around her. Obviously if she just wanted to wear no makeup and not do her hair, I would not want to force her to get it done (which is what I think you are insinuating). But I think Gaga has a vision that she wants to realize and the people who are around her, in my eyes don't consistently live up to her vision and don't execute it as well as could be done. That is what I'm trying to say. By saying that I want a hairstylist for her that doesn't leave her hair with blue patches I'm not at all saying that I want her to be unhappy lmao.

joannesrats
1 hour ago, adammonroe said:

Why couldn't Gaga or her team come up with idea of a visual album to premiere on ****ing Netflix?

She had like, a month at most to prepare the Coachella performance. 

giskardsb
9 minutes ago, davflz said:

That has nothing to do with what I meant :toofunny: of course her work/life balance is the most important. I never claimed the opposite. And I am not at all insinuating that I want her to sacrifice her happiness in order to serve looks. 

I'm saying that when it comes to choosing who you work with (which very much is a business decision, since her visual appearance is influencing how her music and projects come across), I think she should choose people who are best suited for the job. And I think it is also in Gages interest to have an excellent visual team around her. Obviously if she just wanted to wear no makeup and not do her hair, I would not want to force her to get it done (which is what I think you are insinuating). But I think Gaga has a vision that she wants to realize and the people who are around her, in my eyes don't consistently live up to her vision and don't execute it as well as could be done. That is what I'm trying to say. By saying that I want a hairstylist for her that doesn't leave her hair with blue patches I'm not at all saying that I want her to be unhappy lmao.

these aren't just "people she works with."  These are people that at times are with her on world tours nearly 24/7.  They help give her a comfort zone around her.   The Haus is not simply employees.

Unless you were in the room when Gaga and her team discussed visions, the setting, the mood she wanted to convey, the lighting constraints, weather, etc, you really have no idea if they executed it or not.   All art including hair and makeup is subjective, and just because you don't like something doesn't mean it wasn't what Gaga wanted or that it wasn't right for the parameters.  And Gaga herself may not want everything to be "tight" and perfectly controlled.  She's not afraid of showing some artifice.

davflz
5 minutes ago, A hunty said:

Here’s the thing maybe she’s not so caught up on competition anymore maybe she’s above it and she’s just freeballing her career since she’s been happy with the results recently.

Y’all are honestly implementing if she doesn’t deliver outfits she’s not delivering anymore. Girl she just won a ****ing grammy, oscar and golden globe. Give her a damn break she’s delivered enough. She’s a ****ing human-being sis.

Well if she is happy with how everything is then fine, I'm not trying to dictate what she should do. I'm just saying that her team could be so much better and that in my eyes it is kind of disappointing that a limited team is holder her back from her full potential in my eyes. And I don't think that we shouldn't be able to criticize something about her just because she might not feel like it's an issue. If you go by that logic, you could also say that she shouldn't be criticized for a badly written song for example, because she "might be happy with it". I don't think fans should just be a yes-team that praises everything about her.

LilyLark

Freddie has served a lot of fantastic looks. Some of her less flattering hairstyles...I don't think you can blame it on him considering his past record:  feel like those most be Gaga's choices. Sarah, I sort of agree with, but I think there are other factors.

Basically, Gaga's low point in her personal (and sort of professional life, as much as many love ARTPOP and I sort of like parts of ARTPOP) was mid 2012-late 2014. There was a lot of stuff leaking about her at the time, much of it was probably made up but some of it seemed like legit gossip (or made up ish) from people around her. She's said she was dealing with her PTSD around that time too, and we know she had medical issues (and I'll get yelled at, but probably drug issues). When Bobby took over from Troy, she seemed to turn it around within several months.

Point is during that time she parted ways with several people, etc.—and I bet she can trust Sarah and Freddie and couldn't trust those people. As she's a public figure, having a team she can trust to not spill her secrets or make up ish about her is probably a very important factor. Also, most likely she just loves their work.

• Zilla locked this topic

Archived