đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

This stan has just lost it #Beychella

Gohan

Featured Posts

LordEnigma

Just ignore these people - don’t get upset about people’s opinions.

I don’t get why we have to analyze this? it just brings these users more attention.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Epione

He looks like a grown man. Imagine dating this type of guy. He would literally stab you in your sleep if you would say something bad about his idol. :awkney:

Runway

Have yet to see anyone IRL pronounce the word “beychella” 💀 

derpmonster

It's foolish but please don't call them "mentally disabled" - that is just immature and reflects poorly on all of us. 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

androiduser

well, fans here called ASIB the Titanic of our generation, and  I'll Never Love Again was the new I Will Always Love You, so....

LilyLark
1 hour ago, JohnnyVersace said:

Did I go off lol? How did I present an argument in one sentence? 

What I'm SAYING is that both were great performances (while Gaga's was less acclaimed), and a Gaga stan feeling the need to drag Beyonce's set and call her fan mentally unwell is just foolish. And the rushed nature of it is even more reason for a Gaga stan to not come for Beychella tbh...

Yeah, I'm sick of people coming for Beyonce and her stans. I love Bey, thinks she is the greatest live performer out there, but also thinks they Beyhive can be insanely overzealous—to the point that they are worse than every other fanbase (although the racism by some LM make them just as bad in a different way).  It really is ridiculous that they are mad at people saying Blinkchella, Arichella, Gagachella, whatever—none of that takes away from Bey's significance.

But why come at them? Let the wildest ones be ridiculous in peace or let the more "normal" stans enjoy Bey. It's not like LM don't act just as insane sometimes. And tangling with the Beyhive is never good anyway, besides being petty and pointless. There is no point to stan wars. The LM are never going to win (even tho there are no real "winners" in stan wars), because sadly a larger than we want to admit amount LM resort to acting like racist fools,  Bey is basically untouchable and any mild criticism of her fans even can resort in dragging, and it in turn gets the Beyhive to not go after LM but makes them want to destroy Gaga who has nothing to do with this foolishness.

The13thNote

Am I bad for personally finding Gaga's way more interesting artistically speaking?

sipthistea

It's just a show. Music to enjoy, it shouldn't me more complicated than that. It isn't.

Stop making it deeper than that. Stop comparing. 

JohnnyVersace
13 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Yeah, I'm sick of people coming for Beyonce and her stans. I love Bey, thinks she is the greatest live performer out there, but also thinks they Beyhive can be insanely overzealous—to the point that they are worse than every other fanbase (although the racism by some LM make them just as bad in a different way).  It really is ridiculous that they are mad at people saying Blinkchella, Arichella, Gagachella, whatever—none of that takes away from Bey's significance.

But why come at them? Let the wildest ones be ridiculous in peace or let the more "normal" stans enjoy Bey. It's not like LM don't act just as insane sometimes. And tangling with the Beyhive is never good anyway, besides being petty and pointless. There is no point to stan wars. The LM are never going to win (even tho there are no real "winners" in stan wars), because sadly a larger than we want to admit amount LM resort to acting like racist fools,  Bey is basically untouchable and any mild criticism of her fans even can resort in dragging, and it in turn gets the Beyhive to not go after LM but makes them want to destroy Gaga who has nothing to do with this foolishness.

Totally agree with all of this. It's really saddening, but there is some clear racism within Gaga's fanbase, and I'm sitting here like where the **** did this come from? It's so not what she preaches. 

Pop music today is really lackluster (compared to the pop queen heyday of the early 2010's), and there's just no use constantly comparing, criticizing and fighting when we don't get fed that often. Gagachella was great, Beychella was incredible, hell Arichella was awesome too. I would have killed to be at any of those shows. Why compare and drag?

derpmonster
1 hour ago, androiduser said:

well, fans here called ASIB the Titanic of our generation, and  I'll Never Love Again was the new I Will Always Love You, so....

It's a little different. If Gaga fans said (which I'm sure some will say), "there will NEVER be a movie better than ASIB or a song better than INLA" that would be closer to this situation

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

androiduser
41 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

It's a little different. If Gaga fans said (which I'm sure some will say), "there will NEVER be a movie better than ASIB or a song better than INLA" that would be closer to this situation

there have been similar quotes flying around

NewYorkCity

Beyonce twitter fans being annoying and overrating everything she does, even giving a name to a festival performance as the first and most unique thing ever done that now everyone is copying when... oh, look at the hashtags on this 2017 post:

Infinity Wave

I can't with those of you who are supporting that Twitter user. Really, I can't

Sometimes I wonder if we're really Gaga stans because lot of people here seem like Bey stans who just "like" Gaga becaude YES stan culture is defending your idol and prasing him/her, not always find another one who does it better, in this case for many of you Beyoncé. 

Colourful

StrawberryBlond
On 4/18/2019 at 11:44 PM, LilyLark said:

This is the second time you've brought up the idea of Gaga fans being racist. Besides a very small amount of it on Twitter, I have never seen any instances of this, subtle or overt, especially on GGD. Racists really aren't taken lightly here, they would get sussed out so quickly (and even perfectly innocent people get accused too *raises hand*). But I see this racist idea flung around so frequently here that I'm convinced certain people just confuse disliking a black celebrity (with good reason, I might add) with racism. They aren't the same thing. It's frankly insulting to our intelligence to suggest that skin colour is the only reason why we might dislike someone. This is celebrity culture, there's umpteen reasons you can have for disliking someone. My list for disliking Beyonce are as long as your arm and skin colour ain't one (pun sorta kinda not intended). No wonder the Beyhive is known to be such an entitled fanbase at times - they think being racist is the only reason anyone could dislike their idol. Of course tension will be high when that's the line you take.

On 4/19/2019 at 12:00 AM, JohnnyVersace said:

Totally agree with all of this. It's really saddening, but there is some clear racism within Gaga's fanbase, and I'm sitting here like where the **** did this come from? It's so not what she preaches.

I am genuinely interested in what your definition of racism is because its really astounding me when I see multiple posts like this. The majority of people I see criticising Beyonce are being perfectly reasonable and using the same criticism on white popstars who do the same things. But it seems there's different standards for Beyonce. Far and honest criticism equals bigotry in the modern world, apparently. Surely an equal society means everyone should get their fair share of criticism, right?

4 hours ago, Infinity Wave said:

I can't with those of you who are supporting that Twitter user. Really, I can't

Sometimes I wonder if we're really Gaga stans because lot of people here seem like Bey stans who just "like" Gaga becaude YES stan culture is defending your idol and prasing him/her, not always find another one who does it better, in this case for many of you Beyoncé. 

Tell me about it. I think that we must be the only fanbase out there who doesn't routinely support their fave. You'd never get fans of Beyonce, Britney and Madonna being so harsh on their fave on their dedicated fan forums. Now, sure, they take it way too far but at least they're actually acting like supportive fans. When I see Gaga fans picking up on stupid little things and saying other artists are much better performers than her despite the fact that these artists don't do the same amount of stuff Gaga does on stage truly baffles me. I've also seen them accept blatantly basic music from other artists but accuse Gaga of being boring because she released an album close to her heart and some are still asking for The Fame part 2.  :smh:Thankfully, judging by the sales of ASIB, not every fan wants her to regress and wants her to make music that she wants to make.

Archived