Is Just Dance A Filler Song?

Featured Posts

raragaga
3 minutes ago, Twitter said:

But I’m straight. :ladyhaha:

ACtR.gif

• Like 1

KaGOATrl

Just dance is the perfect kick off for the Fame. Before you indulge in the glam (and then the [fame] monster) you have to let yourself go and... just dance. 

So no. It fits the theme, and it's a great pop song. Definitely not a filler. 

ride or die
  • Like 4

Chuckles

The OP is a mess, what's a filler about Just Dance? #1 song, lead single, multiple platinum records, iconic video, makes no sense. I guess the definition of filler for the OP is the song being skippable?

• Thanks 1

DoremonLove

I wouldn't think like that. Also I hope I'm not the only one who still enjoys listening to just dance like a lot:party:

New little monster
  • Like 2

alextruper17

Back in 2009 or if you were beginning your career... No, it wasn't.

Nowadays or if you are an experimented artist... Absolutely. 

AJRocketMan

Just as @alextruper17 said, it’s all comparative.

For a debut artist, no it wasn’t. But I’d say post-TFM the song would be considered a bland filler. That’s just me though. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I’m a Bad Kid and I will survive

RebeldeFaith

No.

It might not portray the message of what fame is but let be honest, Poker Face, Eh Eh and LoveGame don't portray it either, and "The Fame" as the first single would have flopped so hard we wouldn't even be here stanning her. The song was released in 2008, a moment when everything on the radio was party songs and a debut artist she had to compete against that. The song took a while to grow but it brought the general public to discover who she was and prepared everyone to listen her unique style and sound more on the radio. To this day radio stations still play it.

I guess this count as a signature, right?
  • Like 1

Haruki Murakami
2 hours ago, Twitter said:

Shallow = fits ASIB especially ft. Bradley

Perfect Illusion = fits Gaga’s typical pop rock sound to folk for Joanne

Applause = it’s as wild as the album

Born This Way = it’s self explanatory

Bad Romance = fits the dark side of love and monsters

Just Dance = ??? (a random song discussing being drunk at a party) :sweat:

The Fame was also about New York and how she felt glamorus walking down the street and partying with her friends in the lower east side.

Just Dance is about partying in the lower east side, specifically about the party her friends threw her the night before she moved to LA. She mentioned she was still drunk and hungover from that night when she wrote JD the next day.

Edited by ECORONA

KatieJudasGaga4
9 minutes ago, RebeldeFaith said:

No.

It might not portray the message of what fame is but let be honest, Poker Face, Eh Eh and LoveGame don't portray it either, and "The Fame" as the first single would have flopped so hard we wouldn't even be here stanning her. The song was released in 2008, a moment when everything on the radio was party songs and a debut artist she had to compete against that. The song took a while to grow but it brought the general public to discover who she was and prepared everyone to listen her unique style and sound more on the radio. To this day radio stations still play it.

I think LoveGame kinda fits the theme of fame. "Do you want Love or do you want fame" and how in the fame industry there are constant love games. Idk, that is how I interpret LoveGame.

I’m just a Holy Fool, oh baby he’s so cruel, But I’m still in love with Judas, baby
  • Like 1

Mirages

All of you who say yes leave this forum and never come back we don't need this kind of negativity here. 

• LMAO 2

GAGAJANDRO

Disco heaven/summerboy/paparazzi etc were all goin to be on the original album but then she got dropped and met redone (u know the story) but the thing is that gaga wanted to write new, different music so they started writing just dance, poker face etc, so I wouldn’t say it’s a “filler song”,plus it was just gagas mind that she scrapped half of the songs on the album and wrote “replacement songs” aka the redone songs

Edited by GAGAJANDRO
A bad boy

gypsy101
4 hours ago, Twitter said:

I see your point there, but I still disagree. :sweat:

it really is on message, being drunk and partying is a big part of being famous

RAMROD

Silence! :triggered:

It is not.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ Play ♥ With ♥ John ♥ Thomas ♥

FfFfFfFF
6 hours ago, Twitter said:

What I’m trying to say is looking back on Gaga’s discography; Just Dance doesn’t fit the theme of the album and is her least popular and slightly forgotten hit. 

A filler is a song that brings nothing new to the album, not a song that doesn't fit.  :saladga:

From what I've seen everybody has how own definition of filler and the discussion always becomes messy. :poot:

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►