Stefani Tee
society

Notre Dame cathedral in Paris on fire

Featured Posts

GypsyBabe
Just now, Gov Hooka said:

The reporting on this is really shoddy. It’s hard to find recent updates on how well the fire is being contained.

It’s  because it isn't being contained. It’s about watching it burn at this point and trying to keep the stone exterior standing. 

⚯͛

Morphine Prince

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • Like 1

GypsyBabe
4 minutes ago, ZacharyMark said:

It's not a narrative. It's a fact. 

It's a building at the end of the day. It's horrible. But I had to say that many people are trying to speak out about.

Why come into a thread of people who are very sad and try to put a quantitave value on sorrow? Let people mourn as it was clearly more than just “a building” to many, especially the people of France. 

⚯͛
  • Like 6

NNES

Wow... This came out of nowhere... So sad for this beautiful building, hope everyone is fine! :ohno:

Robagaga
Just now, ZacharyMark said:

It's not a narrative. It's a fact. 

It's a building at the end of the day. It's horrible. But I had to say that many people are trying to speak out about.

No. 

I am sorry but to say its a fact that its to the scale of what is happening in Louisiana is bullshit. 

I hate to be so brash but I am really emotional now and it is NOTHING near to what is happening to France and the world right now. 

This building was built almost a thousand years ago and was on a scale and beauty on a completely different level to the small churches in Louisiana. It sounds awful to put it like that but its just a fact. 

What you are saying is similar as saying that the statue of liberty being destroyed would be the same thing as a small statue in france being destroyed

I AM SORRY BUT IT IS NOT. 

What you are spreading is a dangerous and ignorant message and you are just adding more credence to right wing politicians saying that people on the left are willing to spin whatever they want to their advantage. 

You should be ashamed. 

I am sorry for being so strong but this is a part of my country going up in flames and what you are saying is a collosal insult and spit in the face to the people of france that are mourning and the firefighters currently risking their lives to save our heritage. 

Shame on you

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
  • Like 8

Fresco

This is so sad, for Paris and the world. :ohno:  The building is stone and cement, so I'm still hoping parts of it will remain intact.  Though I'm sure so much has been lost with the roof burnt.  I visited once and it was beautiful, art all around.    Sainte Chapelle also beautiful.

theARTVampire

There is fire inside the two main towers now :( it was one of my favorite buildings

• Sad 2

GypsyBabe
1 minute ago, Sky Juil said:

This is so sad, for Paris and the world. :ohno:  The building is stone and cement, so I'm still hoping parts of it will remain intact.  Though I'm sure so much has been lost with the roof burnt.  I visited once and it was beautiful, art all around.    Sainte Chapelle also beautiful.

Its a building that I have been wanting to visit my whole entire life...even as a small child. 

⚯͛
  • Like 1

Morphine Prince
2 minutes ago, Robagaga said:

No. 

I am sorry but to say its a fact that its to the scale of what is happening in Louisiana is bullshit. 

There is actually no need to compare tragedies. 

• Like 5

GypsyBabe
1 minute ago, theARTVampire said:

There is fire inside the two main towers now :( it was one of my favorite buildings

Really? They aren’t showing that on my news yet. :giveup:

⚯͛

Melech

And people already start whataboutism :fail:

This is a great tragedy and a dark day for European civilization. 

• Like 5

Morphine Prince

One of the towers caught on fire.

GypsyBabe
1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

Exactly. I never understand this mentality. A tragedy is a tragedy. Deciding what deserves more sorrow is toxic. I feel just as sad about the “small scale” ones as I do about the more publicized ones. This is a major piece of world history that will naturally get more coverage. Also it is happening right now. 

I can’t stand when people try to diminish an individuals sorrow. It’s so offensive to me. 

⚯͛
  • Love 3

Robagaga
5 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

I am not the person that started to compare tragedies but I will sure as hell respond when someone will do so. 

I am not gonna sit by when someone insults my country and compares it to something COMPLETELY and UTTERLY different in scale in magnitude. Its as if someone would say: "why is no one making a fuss about the collosal 9.0 earthquake in Japan, not as many people cared when there was a 6.3 earthquake in Peru!" 

All you do by saying that are insulting the huge amount of people that are being hurt by this tragedy. 

There is a need to compare tragedies when someone is saying that what is happening now to france is on the same scale as what happened to Louisiana

Both are tragic but one is on a compeletely different scale

Edited by Robagaga
Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
  • Like 1

NNES
3 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

One of the towers caught on fire.

yea, I saw it in the livestream... :ohno: