Stefani Tee
society

Notre Dame cathedral in Paris on fire

Featured Posts

PerfectGUY
1 minute ago, GypsyBabe said:

I understand that this building was not designed to withstand fire and there is really not much to be done but WHY are there no helicopters dropping water. I’m confused as hell. 

every one on french news is asking the same question and no one has the answer

GypsyBabe
Just now, Robagaga said:

The fire and smoke is too intense for helicopters to get close. 

It was the same problem in NYC during 9/11

That’s true. I feel like they are watching it burn at this point. The stone exterior is acting like an oven. 

⚯͛

Glamourpuss
5 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

I think this just shows the mentality of people who want it saved as fast as possible. They don't know the correct procedures, they just know that they care about it and want it to be saved.

Edited to say I meant the person you quoted and not just Trump. :laughga:

Edited by Glamourpuss
Serial liker

SwissMonster
1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

Donald Trump, always here when you need him :lana:

GypsyBabe
1 minute ago, PerfectGUY said:

every one on french news is asking the same question and no one has the answer

@Robagaga said that it was reported that the smoke was too high and dense to drop water. 

⚯͛
  • Like 1

fayecuntaway

It's so heartbreaking. When I moved to Paris, one of the first places I've visited was Notre-Dame. This was 4 years ago. I just can't imagine Paris without it. And I just can't imagine what french people are going through right now losing so much of their culture in such a blunt horrific way. It's a very sad day. 

• Like 2

Teal Ambition

"everything is burning, nothing will remain from the frame" a spokesperson of Notre Dame just said :( 

Edited by Teal Ambition
▌│█║▌║▌║ i exist only for me - fallon carrington ║▌║▌║█│▌

GypsyBabe

They are saying that because it was during rush hour and the area was so difficult to access, that firefighters couldn’t get there quickly. That they came from the river and had trouble bringing in equipment. 

Edited by GypsyBabe
⚯͛

Eido

Even though water was being dropped off by air, the weight of it would probably destroy the structure even more. At this point, keeping the stone structure standing should be their priority. 

• Like 1

Morphine Prince

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • Sad 4

ZacharyMark

I hope that the art and history of this building won't be tarnished by this fire.

And I hate to be this person, but I really wish people would get this frustrated and angry about the chain of black churches that have gone up in flames in the past few years. Ironically, the Trump admin shows their true skin once again.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, ZacharyMark said:

I hope that the art and history of this building won't be tarnished by this fire.

And I hate to be this person, but I really wish people would get this frustrated and angry about the chain of black churches that have gone up in flames in the past few years. Ironically, the Trump admin shows their true skin once again.

He tweeted almost instantly about Notre Dame but still hasn't tweeted or addressed the hate crimes across Louisiana historically black churches. We know why. 

The friends I've had to bury, they keep me up at night
  • Like 4

Teal Ambition

They're saying at this point they're trying to salvage the artwork 

▌│█║▌║▌║ i exist only for me - fallon carrington ║▌║▌║█│▌

djBuffoon

Devastated. Getting to tour that building was one of the highlights of my life. My partner is Paris right now, he said it's madness over there.