Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
society

Notre Dame cathedral in Paris on fire

Featured Posts

GypsyBabe

I cannot believe how fast this burned. It was like an hour. 

⚯͛
  • Like 1

Robagaga

The thought that I must soon say to children in the future that I knew Paris when Notre dame was still around made my heart sink

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
  • Like 2

GypsyBabe
Just now, ILOMILO said:

Don't want to sound stupid or dumb, but are buldings "savable" with a massive fire like this? Like, are the firemen able to stop it from spreading?

They are saying on the news that there is a bit of progress but I don’t think they will be able to save much. The flames are 50 feet hight or more and the scaffolding will fall and reignite the rest. I just hope that they can save the facade. 

I also hope that no one was inside. 

⚯͛
  • Thanks 1

andy232000

Do you think they will re-build it? or will they just let the ruins in? I feel like its such a historical landmark and given the amount of damage that re-building it would just not make any sense at this point sadly. The symbolic value would no longer be there.

Edited by andy232000
  • Sad 1

GypsyBabe
Just now, Robagaga said:

The thought that I must soon say to children in the future that I knew Paris when Notre dame was still around made my heart sink

I’m so sorry. To see such a symbol burning must be beyond awful. :ohno:

⚯͛

Gam

Don't know much about the building itself but I do know it's historic  :ohno:

Terrible day 

GypsyBabe

Guys...there must have been people inside right? Between tours and it being holy week. 

⚯͛

Robagaga
Just now, GypsyBabe said:

I’m so sorry. To see such a symbol burning must be beyond awful. :ohno:

It's insane its like watching a part of me go up in flames. 

I am in so much shock

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
  • Sad 1

Steve Harrington
1 minute ago, andy232000 said:

Do you think they will re-build it? or will they just let the ruins in? I feel like its such a historical landmark and given the amount of damage that re-building it would just not make any sense at this point sadly. The symbolic value would no longer be there.

Probably re-build it and make it look like the fire never happened, or maybe the opposite and let the people see that no matter what happens the Notre Dame still stands, if you get the idea. 

• Like 3

WORLDofGAGA

This is so sad, I went on an art trip to Paris and visited the Norte dame, one of the most beautiful buildings I’ve been in, hope it’s not been damaged greatly and everyone is safe

@W0RLDofGAGA

SwissMonster
1 minute ago, andy232000 said:

At this point it makes more sense to leave the ruin to keep as much of the original cathedral for future generations etc...

Morphine Prince

I hope there was no one inside.

Also, I can't help but think it was not a coincidence this happened on Holy Week. 

I fear it was probably arson. I hope not but the thought keep coming back to me. 

Teal Ambition

:(  

▌│█║▌║▌║ i exist only for me - fallon carrington ║▌║▌║█│▌