Webbys
society

Notre Dame cathedral in Paris on fire

Featured Posts

alextruper17
2 minutes ago, Taylucifer said:

This is absolutely devastating. I hope that it can be rebuilt and nobody got hurt:heart:

taylor swift heart GIF

5b29dc3e62c04_Capturadepantalla2018-06-1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JustinTrudeau
3 hours ago, SamanthaC said:

No idea who this is, but I like him.

François-Henri Pinault is the chair and CEO of the international luxury group Kering, which includes Gucci and Saint Laurent, and president of the French holding company Groupe Artémis, which owns the fine arts auction house Christie's. :vegas:

@FATCAT

Edited by JustinTrudeau
I fell down the stairs once as an actor.
  • Like 2

Gov Hooka

The firefighters of Paris did an amazing job. The fact that the building survived the blaze as well as it did is a testament to their skill and bravery. I’m so glad it’s still there. I thought for the longest time after watching it burn, there would be nothing left. Praying that all three of the rose stained glass windows are undamaged. 

• Like 2

Dutch

The Bernard Arnault’s family from Luis Vuitton even gave 200 million euros. :heart:

Edited by Dutch
  • Like 2
  • Shook 1

Taylucifer
5 hours ago, alextruper17 said:

I love your comment. Can't you see it in my face?

ahahahahaha, I thought you were being shady

tyra banks wink GIF

SamanthaC

It appears some of the artifacts and the organ were not ruined. 

“The organ is a very fragile instrument, especially its pipes. It has not burnt, but no one can tell whether it has been damaged by water. Nobody knows if it is a functioning state or will need to be restored,” Bertrand de Feydeau, a senior French heritage preservation official, told the AP.

Paris Deputy Mayor Emmanuel Gregoire described authorities’ “enormous relief” at the salvaging of pieces such as the purported Crown of Christ, which were quickly transported to a “secret location” by officials after the fire.

https://apnews.com/abf11681d6164918982e5cbca0957548

PunkTheFunk
6 hours ago, JustinTrudeau said:

François-Henri Pinault is the chair and CEO of the international luxury group Kering, which includes Gucci and Saint Laurent, and president of the French holding company Groupe Artémis, which owns the fine arts auction house Christie's. :vegas:

@FATCAT

And he's married to Salma Hayek -- I knew I recognized him somewhere.

Salma-Hayek-et-Francois-Henri-Pinault-re

• Shook 1

MelbHawker

This really upset me this morning. With all the BS happening across the world, I always find peace and relief in these beautiful, timeless masterpieces.

Notre Dame is breathtaking.. I was in Paris a few years back and I must have visited it 3 times during my week-long stay. It was so quiet inside, was such a beautiful, indescribable experience. Those windows are stunning, it's so upsetting 2 out of the 3 are gone. 

I hope the restoration manages to capture it's original magic. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Gov Hooka
5 minutes ago, MelbHawker said:

This really upset me this morning. With all the BS happening across the world, I always find peace and relief in these beautiful, timeless masterpieces.

Notre Dame is breathtaking.. I was in Paris a few years back and I must have visited it 3 times during my week-long stay. It was so quiet inside, was such a beautiful, indescribable experience. Those windows are stunning, it's so upsetting 2 out of the 3 are gone. 

I hope the restoration manages to capture it's original magic. 

I’ve been reading that all three are reportedly intact. Two have been slightly damaged but they’re all still okay 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theweek.com/speedreads-amp/835472/notre-dames-3-iconic-rose-windows-are-safe-after-fire

not the best source but it’s the first one of many that are saying they’re still okay. Thank goodness 

Edited by Gov Hooka
  • Like 2

MelbHawker
1 minute ago, Gov Hooka said:

I’ve been reading that all three are reportedly intact. Two have been slightly damaged but they’re all still okay 

That's fantastic news. There's so many reports going around that contradict one another; I don't know what to believe. 

• Like 1