💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Billie Eilish accused of plagiarism?

Thotiana

Featured Posts

Thotiana

Billie Eilish’s “Bad Guy” video is apparently a knockoff of Maurizio Cattelan’s and Pierpaolo Ferrari’s work for ToiletPaper Magazine

55-F65-ABB-3-E3-D-4-A7-B-9748-1-E9-C44-A

"Bad Guy" is directed by Dave Meyers. He is a Grammy Award winner credited for making "the greatest videos of all time". He has also been accused of plagiarism in the following videos:

Credit to @whoatemyteeth for the photo comparison.

Maleficent

Well first off the "knees" shot is a direct reference to the lyrics. 

Secondly, what good comes of pointing fingers and accusing? Just enjoy the music and visuals y'all. Not everything has to be ground-breaking, original, and never-been-done-before. 

Thotiana
12 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

Secondly, what good comes of pointing fingers and accusing? Just enjoy the music and visuals y'all. Not everything has to be ground-breaking, original, and never-been-done-before. 

True but how will the creators of that toiletpaper magazine project feel like without being credited?

Maleficent
Just now, Thotiana said:

True but how will the creators of that toiletpaper magazine project feel like without being credited?

Probs thinking "this is what i get for working at a magazine called toilet paper"

oh i don't usually buy into these plagiary claims

but it's really the same stuff '-'

no way it can be a kind of homage or something? maybe she saw that and called them to use that visuals? 

ice heard one side from above

16 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

This attitude sinks so many artists, you sound like you’ve never had art stolen before. :saladga: Nothing is original anymore but if you’re going to recreate a photoshoot scene by scene then credit is necessary. 

Anyway, Dave Meyers is THE most unoriginal music video director out there. Someone NEEDS to shut his plagiaristic ass down.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

Thotiana
Just now, Morphine Prince said:

Wow it’s almost like it’s a homage or something. 

Were they credited or something?

The Louvre
16 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

Wow it’s almost like it’s a homage or something. 

Not people defending a rich director who has a continuing habit of stealing and using other's work without proper credit. There's a reason he's been sued for those other videos posted.

You think the Original artists make any money by this homage? No, but the director is counting his money. So that homage you speak of is worthless for people who live from creating their own art.

It's said the map of the world is on you. The moon gravitates around you. The seasons escape you.

Morphine Prince
10 minutes ago, Thotiana said:

Were they credited or something?

No idea. But I doubt a director would steal so many things at once :rip: 

And if it is indeed stolen, he has some nerve and should be ashamed. 

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, The Louvre said:

Not people defending a rich director who has a continuing habit of stealing and using other's work without proper credit. There's a reason he's been sued for those other videos posted.

You think the Original artists make any money by this homage? No, but the director is counting his money. So that homage you speak of is worthless for people who live from creating their own art.

No one is defending anyone. 

Schwerk

If it's an hommage or a parody than it should be presented as such. This seems like pure plagiarism. She and or the director will risk being sued. It happened to Madonna when she copied the work of photographer Guy Bourdin for the Hollywood video. 

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/68868/madonna-sued-for-copying-images-for-video

This is why the Red Hot Chili Peppers have this message at the end of their Can't Stop video:

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

whoatemyteeth

I created that screenshot comparison. I submitted a music video treatment for her tourmate that referenced Toiletpaper Magazine as inspiration for the concept. And then this video dropped. There is no credit given to the original photographer and the director of "Bad Guy" has been sued for plagiarism numerous times over the past few years. I reached out to the original photographer, Pierpaolo Ferrari, to hear his side.

Thotiana
1 hour ago, whoatemyteeth said:

I created that screenshot comparison.

Just added your name to the op. Thanks for the photo!

Archived