Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Mariah Carey CAN’T Sing Good?!

En_Sabah_Nur

Featured Posts

FATCAT

A couple bad performances that went viral, and that's all you need to collapse a reputation.

Purr more, hiss less.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Child

Of course she can sing darling! I honestly had doubts in 2014/15/16 but she me proved wrong with her last album and her latest tour.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Runway

Because there are 300 bad performances that went viral and 0 viral videos of her singing okay

dynamite

It is absolutely not because of ONE performance. Not saying she can't sing, but don't be deluded.

androiduser

she USED to be a great singer, and she has lost her voice... fans can post snippets and "proofs" all they want, but there are more terrible vocals nowadays than great ones.

She’s past her vocal prime (the 90s) and her songs are so vocally challenging that she sometimes can’t pull them off now. 

LoveYouLots

Setting things aside, Ms. Carey can still definitely sing, her only issue really is the she just relies too much in playback, it is quite sad because she can definitely pull of the notes in songs such as Emotions, Vision of Love, and My All in a lower key. I feel it would be better that perhaps to maybe have new arrangements of the songs to fit her vocal state of today like she did with Can't Let Go last year and this year. But I understand that requires a lot of effort and well sadly she isn't one the biggest artists now so I feel that's why she just rather sing the hits the way they are. I feel she should really just get more rest and have less concert dates just like she used too in the 90's. I mean the Daydream tour had just 6 shows and that's arguably her best vocal tour, the Charmbracelet tour from 2003 to 2004 had 60 shows but they were spaced. Nowadays with the Caution tour she has dates day after day and that is just something her voice can't handle anymore. Still I feel a few ok performances isn't enough to tear down her vocal primes lasting about 15 years, 1st prime (1990-1997) 2nd prime (2001-2005) last prime in my opinion (2010,2013,2016). She has had a lot years to prove what she's capable of so all in all, I respect her talents and of course her songwriting.

migamiga

Everyone knows she can/could sing- most people say that she can't sing anymore (which is somewhat true). She obviously can't sing the same way she use to due to wear-and-tear/vocal damage and change in technique, but she can definitely still SAAANG. Also due to the fact that she lips a lot and had a couple embarrassing performances recently, her reputation has been tarnished. Under Stella's management, she was constantly touring and was not allowed to properly rest her vocals but now under RN her voice has bounced back and her performances have been so much better. Also her vocals on Caution sound so much healthier and steady compared to all her singles since MIAMTEC

Lucas

My humble opinion is that everyone here who said she can't sing are very wrong. A few bad performances went viral, but everyone has bad days. She definitely can't sing anymore as she used to (age, alcohol and using her voice probably too much affected her vocal chords for sure), but she's still way above the average singer (or famous singer). 

latina twilight

She can sing. If there is one video of her singing well then that's enough proof.

But of course people only focus on the negative.

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".

En_Sabah_Nur
17 minutes ago, SAGA said:

Her voice didn’t age very well. Like Whitney. 

Don’t remind me!!!  I was/am a BIG Whitney fan & I miss her soooo much!  😢😞

Egypt. W

Babel

Mariah can still outsing your favorite pop whisperer while cleaning her house.

I personally hate her, she's just too much for me :saladga:

BUT! I can say that she's still one amazing vocalist, I can't lie about that :vegas:

The Carpenters
30 minutes ago, En_Sabah_Nur said:

Don’t remind me!!!  I was/am a BIG Whitney fan & I miss her soooo much!  😢😞

Yeah sorry :( 

Archived