Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Katy Perry is not more talented than Britney Spears

mzncb

Featured Posts

Just now, Hyperballad said:

imo 

Songwriting 

Taylor > Britney = Katy (points off for “your words are like Chinese water torture” :air: 

Voice 

Katy = Taylor >> Britney 

Performing 

Britney > Katy>>>> Taylor 

Overall 

Britney> Katy = Taylor 

... this makes no sense :laughga:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Abramovic

Sorry but this is the most delulu thing I have heard this year :ladyhaha:

britney had some good albums/songs thanks to really good producers/songwriters and let’a say her entire creative team. 

katy had some good albums/songs thanks to HERSELF and Dr. Luke/Max Martin. But still at least she writes her own songs and can play an instrument. 

She knows how music works I doubt (no shade) that Britney knows that... 

:laughga:

:bye:

Gimme More

can we please not have a katy vs britney thread pls.

i'm sure you all know where i stand :awkney:

#JusticeForBritney ♡

shoful

Taylor Swift is obviously the best one. She has an entire album where she is the only credited write and its literally amazing. And her voice is actually pretty good. I had my doubts when I saw her live but she blew me away. Sure she doesn’t really dance like Katy and Britney (i mean britney cant even dance anymore :ally:) but she is definitely the more musically and vocally superior compared to these 2 and those are just facts. 

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Sneaky Oliver

I have to disagree. Katy is more musically talented (she’s a good songwriter and guitar player) than Britney just like Britney tops Katy’s dancing skills. 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

JohnWayne92

This lol

Britney WAS talented at dancing. Britney WAS talented at singing. Britney was never much of a song writer. I grew up with Britney, and honestly, I dunno why she was so insanely popular. I'm not saying that she doesn't deserve popularity, I'm just saying that she was HUGE. 

Now, about the WAS incidents I mentioned. Her going heavy on the nasally, baby voice singing was a choice. The gurl can sing much better when she doesn't try to pull that off, IMO. Dancing, age and a knee injury I guess will do that to you, but if you don't sing live, I think the dancing should be more on point. Also, you shouldn't look bored on stage. When I watch her, she literally looks bored. I know she has been doing this for a long time, but if your heart isn't into performing, then why keep doing it? Our Queen Gaga has had a hip injury, and while her dancing has been effected some, mostly during the ARTPOP era, she still gives it 100%. 

Katy Perry's voice and songwriting, as well as her mind, is far more talented than Britney. Listen to the songs on One of the Boys, the writing there was amazing. Then, once she decided to hit a more pop style record, Teenage Dream was literally one of the best pop records of all time. (Fight me, she had 5 #1s not including the rerelease with Part of me ALSO hitting #1) There also wasnt much filler on Teenage Dream, most songs could have been a single, had they wanted them to. 

The same applies to Taylor Swift. The talent that puts her and Katy ahead of Britney is their artistry and writing. They aren't just performing someone else's catchy ass songs. They are performing their own. 

Catnikko
1 hour ago, mzncb said:

In contrast to the claims Katy Perry, unlike Britney, co-wrote most of her biggest hits, it's infinitely laughable that Katy Perry (or Taylor Swift or Debbie Gibson) could ever take a stab at the urban dance sound authentically like this:

You could even throw in 2016's Slumber Party there to.

co wrote can literally be like changing a word, how many britney demos with the actual writer and original singer can you find and there's no differences :air: 

Rihanna's a co writter on rude boy but we damn well know Ester dean created that :air: 

Actual patient

holy scheisse
37 minutes ago, Hyperballad said:

Taylor > Britney = Katy (points off for your words are like Chinese water torture” :air: 

:sharon: 

gumzy3000

I personally don’t care if a song has a million songwriters on it or even one as long as it is a GREAT song. I do obviously respect artists who write their own material, but in the end of the day if the song sounds good then I’m happy. 

:music:

trolly troll troll

FlopSlurper

What's britney's talent for you to be saying she's more talented than katy (who can at least sing decently, write music and play an instrument) :oprah:

Bradley

I love Britney Spears but whoever that thinks Britney wins in this one, please we are talking about talent, not legacy and iconic status. That would be Britney's to win, simply because Britney has been in the biz for two decades, when Katy makes like 5 more albums, she will be regarded as one of the biggest staples in pop culture too.

Katy Perry writes like 80% of her songs whereas Britney has minimal credit on just some of them. Katy Perry sings live and is more vocally approved both in terms of studio delivery and live delivery. One thing that they both excel in is live performances, but Britney suffered a lot in recent years due to her deterioration in dancing abilities and her reluctance to sing live, so Katy wins in this one too.

Thankfully, Britney still makes great videos, but so does Katy, who has arguably never made a boring video.

I love both musicians and Britney is a huge icon, but if we're strictly talking about talent, in terms of musicianship, Katy Perry definitely wins.

Taylor should not be grouped in with them. She is truly talented. She is more comparable to Adele and Beyonce.

Katy is definitely more talented than Britney.

Archived