💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Should Sinner’s Prayer Have Been A Single?

Twitter

Featured Posts

monsieurRed

It’s actually one of my favorite songs of hers. Not just Joanne but her whole discography. I think it’s better than MR. Oop. I don’t know why she’s ignored it. 

🧚‍♀️

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GagaUnderYou
6 hours ago, ExMachina said:

I wonder why it didn't make the JWT setlist? anyone knows anything?

Probably brought up bad memories for her. I heard the song itself is about her not being faithful to Taylor. 

GagaUnderYou

I thought this song would have been a dark dance track when I heard the title. 

Noir

I love the song but hell no.

my dream singles run from Joanne remains: 

1. Diamond Heart 

2. Million Reasons 

3. Hey Girl ft. Florence Welch 

4. Dancin’ In Circles 

5. Joanne (WDYTYG)

No. Great song, but no. At most it could’ve been an ok promotional single :staymad:

monsieurRed
24 minutes ago, GagaUnderYou said:

Probably brought up bad memories for her. I heard the song itself is about her not being faithful to Taylor. 

I need more details please. I haven’t heard this. 

🧚‍♀️

Teal Ambition

Nope, and glad it wasn't part of JWT :vegas:

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

loathereality
7 hours ago, ExMachina said:

I wonder why it didn't make the JWT setlist? anyone knows anything?

worst career choice honestly

7 hours ago, hurricane326 said:

I remember when I read the title I thought it would be an electric guitar banger...ugh I could only dream

imagine this in jwt

old sanuk

To me, SP is not “commercial” single material.  On the other hand, I love it and believe it is a most personal song.  The lyrics speak for themselves.  She is confessing to a man who’s heart she’s broken.  Go figure.  And rhetorically, who would ever want to confess publically every night on tour stage.  Just my take....

ARTGOD

Nah.

It reminds me of Bloody Mary: best songs on their respective albums, not that GP friendly, not viable singles but deserved at least a cute video. The only difference is that Gaga has performed Bloody Mary more than once :oops:.

yes and
6 hours ago, ILoveGypsyLife said:

I absolutely love Sinner’s Prayer, but I don’t think it’s a good choice for a single personally. I honestly think the single that never was from Joanne is Diamond Heart.

True. It should've been the lead single, even with the same music video idea that PI has. DH would do great in charts as the 1st single :fail:

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

LavenderBlonde2
2 hours ago, ryansamonster said:

The song is so well written and really showcases a different side of Gaga. It’s got that country, twangy vibe and when she performed it as the FIRST song of the Dive Bar Tour I was so shook. Completely unexpected in my opinion, and that’s a small part of why I think the Joanne era was so special.

Single choice? Definitely not. The song always seemed like more of a hidden gem to me and I’m so happy that it is. She should’ve included it at the JWT no doubt. 

In the song she talks about her love, her sister, her family... it hits very close to home. I’ll love this song forever. 

I was wondering if anyone was going to bring up how she played this on the Dive Bar Tour.😘 I LOVED that performance!!❤This song reminds me of Johnny Cash & think it could've done ok on the Country charts but dont think it really resonates as a pop single.

*...I'm obsessively opposed to the typical...*

Archived