💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

To the Veteran Madonna Fans Here...

C1trus

Featured Posts

doppelganger

The 80s saw the explosion of the music video via MTV (basically the visual artform of pop music). Madonna and MJ are masters at integrating music, visuals, activism and pop culture phenomenon. They have revolutionised what it means to be a pop artist in the visual age. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shoful
44 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

@Didymus you're a Madonna fan, iirc?

@shoful 

I was reading this thread right when you mentioned me :ally:

I don't have much to offer in regards to what the OP wants. I am only 22 years old and became a fan when Rebel Heart came out. But being able to look back and dissect her past works, I can say that no one can come close to the impact she had on not only pop culture, but the way people view women, the way music/tours are created, what women can do, and the list goes on. You can't really compare any pop artist today to Madonna because no one will probably ever reach her heights of popularity and impact. Not only was she a genius businesswoman, but she was able to create art in the form of music videos, music, and tour visuals in ways that not many can come close to and in the countless times she has done it. 

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Batwings

I was a Madonna stan before I was a Gaga stan. One thing that you have to keep in mind is just how groundbreaking Madonna was. Before she came along, only male musicians were allowed to be sexually authoritative in their art. She changed that dynamic completely. She also was one of the first artists to truly make visual impacts with her videos and performances along with her music. Also, don't forget that she also changed touring with the Blond Ambition Tour and transformed pop tours into theatrical spectacles which was something that hadn't been fully realized before. Ray of Light was the main force that brought electronic music from Europe to the U.S. and made it accessible on a more global scale. Regardless of how you feel about her recent work, 80s-90s Madonna revolutionized the music industry in so many ways.

McYves

I've been a fan of Madonna since I got the DVD "I'm going to tell you a secret" in 2005 (I didn't even remember why I bought it) and immediately after, I bought "Confessions" (that record was big as ****), I obviously knew Madonna before but seeing that documentary made me understand why she is one of the best pop artists of all time (she truly is, like it or not) and made me get into her discography and art. 

When Gaga released "The Fame" I obviously went crazy for her, and during The Fame Monster Era, my older gay friends started to hate Gaga for being a 'Madonna wannabe' but for me it was very obvious that M was, along with Bowie, Gaga's biggest influences and it was OK. Then she released "Born This Way" and the World War Gay started.

I just wanna say that I truly don't understand why someone can "hate" or completely reject an artist just for a word uttered about other artist. Seriously. The "reductive" comment is iconic and fun, and it didn't kill nobody, it's pure pop gossip. And M still sang Born This Way every night during a world tour, she obviously doesn't hate Gaga or anything, she's just the shady, unapologetic Queen of Pop we love. But the war between fan bases was so stupid, it is so stupid still. Like, it's just pop music. And I thought that "war" had been left behind but I still find people who believe that you can't admire Gaga and Madonna at the same time because they don't get along.

I just do not get it. They're the Queens.

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

C1trus
27 minutes ago, Batwings said:

80s-90s Madonna revolutionized the music industry in so many ways.

Where is that woman when her legacy needs her now:messga:

IMO, she shouldn't have been undermined and disrespected much  now if her existence was traslated properly:interestinga:

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

shoful
13 minutes ago, T3rrorBlade said:

Where is that woman when her legacy needs her now:messga:

IMO, she shouldn't have been undermined and disrespected much  now if her existence was traslated properly:interestinga:

Umm she ruined her legacy because Guy ritchie divorcing her sent her off a cliff. 

And I whispered to myself: “I’ll never be the same because of you” :huntyga:

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Saeed
3 hours ago, androiduser said:

about even discussing a certain topic that is an accepted standard now, to even have a voice as a woman... and she won every time... we're talking about a completely different time...

This made me remember this glorious interview.

C1trus
1 hour ago, shoful said:

Umm she ruined her legacy because Guy ritchie divorcing her sent her off a cliff. 

And I whispered to myself: “I’ll never be the same because of you” :huntyga:

Imagine if that turned out to be true:ladyhaha:

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

brizoda

I've never been a fan of Madonna but I liked and like her music

I remember when she published her book called Sex. It was totally a scandal

Some friends gifted me the book (in my opinion the book was made to shock)

Guillaume Hamon
2 hours ago, McYves said:

And M still sang Born This Way every night during a world tour, she obviously doesn't hate Gaga or anything,

She was singing it to highlight the similarities between both songs more than to prove her appreciation for gaga tho lmao! ;) 

Guillaume Hamon
4 hours ago, androiduser said:

We're talking about the first woman who has taken charge of her sexuality, her career, absolutely not portraying herself as a male fantasy or a victim of the male dominated society

She's the most memorable one at doing so for sure but is she the first? Didn't donna summers also did these things?

I think  debbie harry or cher at least partially did that at the time too.

brucee

I discovered Madonna because of Gaga. And I still think Gaga hasn't achieved yet an album as cohesive and perfect than Ray of Light or Music. Yet It's always been a thing (that mess I just been doin) to compare girls to other girls and Madonna suffered from that too. 

hello hello baby.

brucee

This is so interesting. Artists take the ideas of one another to change it, make it better and make ideas go forward. 

hello hello baby.

C1trus
1 hour ago, MyQueen said:

I am her fan since 1989:deadbanana:

How was the pop music scene then until Gaga debuted?  Can you share us your experience? :)

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

Archived