💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Charts Discussion

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

ViviLittleM
13 minutes ago, LGMonster95 said:

People are still talking about ASIB having just one single? Soundtracks usually doesn't even have singles at all or even being promoted good to begin with. The main focus for this soundtrack was to promote the movie and just that, after the movie was done with the award campaign there was no reasons for them to keep promoting the soundtrack. Shallow was the main song from that movie and they give all their attention to this song only because it was the IT song for the awards. Beside this the main focus for WB was the movie and most likely didn't want the soundtrack to outperform the movie....

But US isn't the center of the world. Because in other countries we have more singles, so this is a bit weird.

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boris2

iTunes WW 

9-8

Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber - I Don't Care

10460   -10717
Glitch or celebrate?  cardi b no GIF

corvus albus
1 minute ago, Boris2 said:

iTunes WW 

9-8

10460   -10717
Glitch or celebrate?  cardi b no GIF

Celecrate!

190124014901300625.gif

ViviLittleM
11 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

ARUTW  overtook PI on YT 135.991.104 vs. 135.034.166

Next one to go is TEOG 136.857.947

even the live at the Oscars will surpass a lot of her videos :air:

corvus albus
3 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

even the live at the Oscars will surpass a lot of her videos :air:

right now it's at ca 115 mil. It still needs 20 mil to surpass PI but that will happen in the next 40 days.

Swallow
20 minutes ago, LGMonster95 said:

People are still talking about ASIB having just one single? Soundtracks usually doesn't even have singles at all or even being promoted good to begin with. The main focus for this soundtrack was to promote the movie and just that, after the movie was done with the award campaign there was no reasons for them to keep promoting the soundtrack. Shallow was the main song from that movie and they give all their attention to this song only because it was the IT song for the awards. Beside this the main focus for WB was the movie and most likely didn't want the soundtrack to outperform the movie....

Shallow reached #1 in 18 countries prior to reaching #1 in the US. ARUTW was released as the 2nd single in majority of those countries. The only reason we didn't get a 2nd US single was Shallow taking too long to succeed  on US radio. 

ASIB era is still going strong in France, even tho the film is no longer in cinemas. The album is #6 this week, sold over 300k copies, so her french label decided to release a 3rd single. Meanwhile, in the US the era is quite over. 

Es solo una paja entre colegas

FRANZGA
1 hour ago, Boris2 said:

It looks like Bad Guy is aiming to become the song of the summer this year. OTR will likely decrease in the next couple of weeks, meanwhile BG is finally getting radio support. BG streams have been stable if not going up as well. billie eilish film GIF by Dyan Jong

DeserveT.. billie's album is also a MASTERPIECE

LGMonster95
6 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

But US isn't the center of the world. Because in other countries we have more singles, so this is a bit weird.

It isn't but that's where it had to do great the most. They are just random releases, if it doesn't work nobody will say that the other singles flopped like in US

LittleMichael
20 minutes ago, Boris2 said:

iTunes WW 

9-8

10460   -10717
Glitch or celebrate? 

I guess a bad glitch :ladyhaha:

LGMonster95
17 minutes ago, Swallow said:

Shallow reached #1 in 18 countries prior to reaching #1 in the US. ARUTW was released as the 2nd single in majority of those countries. The only reason we didn't get a 2nd US single was Shallow taking too long to succeed  on US radio. 

ASIB era is still going strong in France, even tho the film is no longer in cinemas. The album is #6 this week, sold over 300k copies, so her french label decided to release a 3rd single. Meanwhile, in the US the era is quite over. 

Her french label probably just wanted more singles when they saw how good it did. I don't think they wanted to release more singles in US since they released most of the music videos pretty much at the same time (literally a move just to promote the movie) and beside this wasting the promo on Spotify for ARUTW to promote it with Shallow at the same time, if they really wanted that song to be a single, they would have kept that promo for later

La Rosalia

Yeah I think that the original approach, at least from the US which is her repertoire owner, was to promote the soundtrack as a whole and Shallow. That’s why we got multiple tracks on TTH.

ViviLittleM
2 minutes ago, _Scheisse said:

Yeah I think that the original approach, at least from the US which is her repertoire owner, was to promote the soundtrack as a whole and Shallow. That’s why we got multiple tracks on TTH.

They still better do the same during LG6 first week

La Rosalia
2 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

They still better do the same during LG6 first week

I feel like they will and that she’ll have an amazing plan on Spotify given how successful she was.

DonnieDarko
3 minutes ago, _Scheisse said:

And this is what everyone that is still mentioning ARUTW not being the second single should read. The strategy for ASIB ost was clear from the get-go. The only thing that did not go with the plan was Shallows amazing slayage and it complicated things for a bit.

• Admin locked and unpinned this topic

Archived