Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor Swift likes post dragging Kanye West

Lighter

Featured Posts

Supersonic
37 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

For the simple minded: 

Kanye picked out some controversial famous people that he’s either worked with or have been associated with in the past. He picked out a wide spectrum of people, probably because there’s no person who likes everyone in the video. The video itself is really uncomfortable, because it mirrors how the media/world is super obsessed with these famous people, almost in a serial killer kind of way. Even when these famous people are really vulnerable (sleeping and naked), we still keep looking at them. At the end though, he thanks them for being famous and kind of having to put up with being famous. There’s a redeeming/clear shot at the end of the whole painting. Reminds me that these people have still put in a lot of work and that there are people who look up to them nonetheless, and how everything might look good on the outside, but we don’t have a clear picture of how it actually is. Kanye breaks the 4th wall at the end by looking at the screen, kind of saying “I know””

I usually agree with you, but this time I'm 100% on Taylor's side. What Kanye did was gross, misogynist and nothing but a representation of how much men can wrong women without having to bear actual consequences.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, mauvais said:

Morphine Prince linked a  tweet calling the famous MV genius and offered a weak justification for putting famous women in bed with abusers, rapists, mass murderers, etc. Taylor was sexually exploited and she considers the MV revenge p*rn. Women don't exist for men to use them as play things for the sake of art. If you find any enjoyment in this video, even in its subversive themes, you are doing it fully aware that Taylor Swift did not consent.

Taylor Swift is not some random person offering an interpretation... that's her, man :air:

I never called it genius. I just posted the tweet because it showed the piece Kanye was referencing. 

He put famous people in a bed.

You're choosing to see it through the lens of "putting women in bed with..." 

Every single person in that bed has had their share of controversies or been involved in one.   

You're allowed to interpret it how you want, but don't go around accusing people of condoning abuse. That's gross. 

Glamourpuss
12 minutes ago, sipthistea said:

But she literally does the same with her songs and her exes. But because she's a girl, no one says anything. 

Does she? :oprah:

I've never seen Harry Styles or any of the others naked in a video. :triggered:

Y’all it doesn’t matter what any of us think. Taylor’s body was used without her consent, and if she thinks that’s wrong then that’s all that matters because it was her used and her feelings are valid. This music video was not artistic (in my opinion). It being a recreation of a painting doesn’t excuse the grossness behind it.

@sipthistea Don’t compare this to Taylor’s songs about her exes. Taylor didn’t put her exes’ naked bodies in a music video without permission. 

I don't like Taylor very much, but KW is trash trash traaaash and that is factssss

sipthistea
Just now, Glamourpuss said:

Does she? :oprah:

I've never seen Harry Styles or any of the others naked in a video. :triggered:

But she makes despicable comments about them like in her song Better than Revenge or Dear John. She even slut shamed another girl and dragged Katy Perry. 

Some of her remarks are very mean. And  it's on purpose. 

JohnnyVersace
31 minutes ago, mauvais said:

just say you enjoy men sexually exploiting women and go 

Why is this about exploiting women tho? There's just as many men in the video, and the treatment of the sexes is equal. So...no.

Tbh she needs to let this go. It's been three years, and she's still commenting about it in shady ways. If you want to be the "bigger" person, then stop liking the tweets, rehashing the snake thing, etc. Kim and Kanye haven't mentioned her in years, and she's still giving interviews about them. Like, no one cares anymore. Stop trying to make the feud relevant. The whole scenario was a cringe, and dragging it out is just pathetic at this point. Everyone needs to move on.

Supersonic

Like... imagine the dude that literally went on stage to embarass you for winning an award while your were accepting said award also has put a body double of you, completely naked and sexualized in his music video while the lyrics detail his fantasies about how he wants to have sex with you.

Imagine your co-worker hung up photoshopped nude pictures of you at work and instead of him getting fired, he'd be praised for creating "thought provoking art".

4 minutes ago, mauvais said:

Morphine Prince linked a  tweet calling the famous MV genius and offered a weak justification for putting famous women in bed with abusers, rapists, mass murderers, etc. Taylor was sexually exploited and she considers the MV revenge p*rn. Women don't exist for men to use them as play things for the sake of art. If you find any enjoyment in this video, even in its subversive themes, you are doing it fully aware that Taylor Swift did not consent.

I know very little about either Taylor or Kanye, so it wouldn't be right for me to talk about this topic without doing any research.  I'm not disagreeing with the points you are making, just pointing out that you should have replied with the above quote, rather than making an Ad Hominem attack. 

Glamourpuss
4 minutes ago, JohnnyVersace said:

Why is this about exploiting women tho? There's just as many men in the video, and the treatment of the sexes is equal. So...no.

Tbh she needs to let this go. It's been three years, and she's still commenting about it in shady ways. If you want to be the "bigger" person, then stop liking the tweets, rehashing the snake thing, etc. Kim and Kanye haven't mentioned her in years, and she's still giving interviews about them. Like, no one cares anymore. Stop trying to make the feud relevant. The whole scenario was a cringe, and dragging it out is just pathetic at this point. Everyone needs to move on.

It doesn't matter whether the feud is old and irrelevant and everybody has forgotten about it. It matters to her.  She might have moved on but her naked body is forever immortalised in a music video. 

Anyway, you can't tell somebody when they should be over something. 

38 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Art can be uncomfortable, but yes she has the right to be upset. But she claims to be the bigger person and continues to be nasty years later. 

Just admit you are angry and stop with the shadiness.  

She is far from innocent herself. With the whole Bad Blood fiasco, etc. 

I accept that art is uncomfortable, but art can also be called out for being irresponsible, especially when it’s at the expense of others. What Kanye did was trash, plain and simple.

Bad Blood is a FAR cry from Famous. Taylor was being a high-school level bully, Kanye straight up did revenge **** against her.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

Morphine Prince

Also interesting that 11 other people's figures were in this video but we're focusing on one of them. 

Her name is also in the song. With a lyric she approved and later cried about despite Kim Kardashian exposing her lies. 

To me it just feels she wants us to talk about her. Probably dropping new music soon, get that buzz Taylor. 

Glamourpuss
5 minutes ago, sipthistea said:

But she makes despicable comments about them like in her song Better than Revenge or Dear John. She even slut shamed another girl and dragged Katy Perry. 

Some of her remarks are very mean. And  it's on purpose. 

All songwriters speak about life experiences though.

She hardly ever names her exes and she doesn't go out of her way to publicly shame them. 

I don't know anything about the slut shaming though but women can be catty. 

Glamourpuss
3 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Also interesting that 11 other people's figures were in this video but we're focusing on one of them. 

Her name is also in the song. With a lyric she approved and later cried about despite Kim Kardashian exposing her lies. 

Because this thread is about Taylor's response to her own body being depicted in the video. 

It doesn't matter if she approved a lyric and later went back on it. What Kanye did to assassinate her character was shameful. 

Morphine Prince
Just now, Glamourpuss said:

Because this thread is about Taylor's response to her own body being depicted in the video. 

And the only one who's publicly spoken about it that I know of. 

We all know how the feud between them has gone down. 

Archived