LG6
society

Terror attack at mosques in New Zealand, 51 dead

Featured Posts

Hybrid Rose
2 hours ago, Blue Madonna said:

@iCpro @Hybrid Rose are you alright? Do you know anyone who was hurt? I'm watching the live coverage on the TV now and it's heartbreaking, I'm in tears. We're all absolutely shaken. And one of my friends has family who live a block away from where the shooting happened, sending love to him.

I am okay thank you, i'm in Wellington (which is the capital and also in the north island) but we had to postpone our pride festival today because of the fear of a terrorist attack happening at such a huge event, we don't know for sure how many people are involved so they could be everywhere. i wouldn't be lying if it shook me up a lot though!

• Love 3

iCpro
2 hours ago, Blue Madonna said:

@iCpro @Hybrid Rose are you alright? Do you know anyone who was hurt? I'm watching the live coverage on the TV now and it's heartbreaking, I'm in tears. We're all absolutely shaken. And one of my friends has family who live a block away from where the shooting happened, sending love to him.

Thank you, fortunately all of my friends down in chch are safe. None of this seems real to me yet, that this has happened in New Zealand. I can’t fathom what the people of chch are feeling right now.

G A G A
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

Hybrid Rose
2 minutes ago, iCpro said:

Thank you, fortunately all of my friends down in chch are safe. None of this seems real to me yet, that this has happened in New Zealand. I can’t fathom what the people of chch are feeling right now.

for it to happen in such a city IN NEW ZEALAND is honestly beyond me, it changes things a lot!

• Love 1

lego

ANGELIC BOY 🤬🤬

It's not easy love, but you've got friends you can trust
  • Sad 3

Jakkusan

I’m an Australian (the shooter is an Aussie) and I’m so ashamed and terrified - terrified for the Muslim community and for our society.

This attack wouldn’t have happened if it weren’t for the disgusting and pervasive racism, white supremacist ideologies and Islamophobia that are rampant in our political and social landscape.

Our current Prime Minister (and many around him) has used Islamophobic ploys and tactics to stir up fear and white Nationalism.

The true enemy is this hatred, fuelled by white men in power. 

My friend is Muslim, living in Australia, and her community is absolutely devastated. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

SamanthaC

If anyone is interested, this is the story my husband worked on today (he's a photojournalist).  They talked to some of the people are our local Islamic Center. He said they were very welcoming, and even wanted him to film their prayer service to spread awareness of what they are actually about.

https://www.wxii12.com/article/local-religious-leaders-respond-to-latest-terror-attack-in-new-zealand/26840261

• Like 1

GagaXCollection

So sad :ohno:

Lady Gaga collector since 2010

Didymus

Terrible. Nice illustration of the very real danger of the "harmless memes" tactics of online alt-right movements. But mostly an immense tragedy.

ReRe

Absolutely shameful statement from an Australian senator on yesterday’s attacks, blaming the rising Muslim presence in NZ and AU for the attacks and sympathising with the white supremacist who committed this heinous crime.

Anningstatement-1.jpg

• Shook 1

derpmonster
11 hours ago, ReRe said:

Absolutely shameful statement from an Australian senator on yesterday’s attacks, blaming the rising Muslim presence in NZ and AU for the attacks and sympathising with the white supremacist who committed this heinous crime.

Anningstatement-1.jpg

**** this POS. 

BuyMeEggs

How did this man travel the world for 7 years? He is a self proclaimed lower/working class man. How does someone travel freely for 7 years? And if he’s a white supremecist why did he spend so much time in Pakistan and North Korea among others? His back story is very strange and this whole attack reeks of a government planted attack. And that statement from the Australian senator blaming this on Muslim immigration makes it stink even more. 

Edited by BuyMeEggs