Gaga Daily Youtube
tech

Spotify COMES FOR Apple

Featured Posts

GagaXCollection
7 hours ago, holy scheisse said:

SAVAGE

As a Spotify and Android user since 2012 I've never once regretted leaving apple. 

tenor.gif?itemid=12206278

Lady Gaga collector since 2010
  • LMAO 1

SMILE2NE1

Isolationist. The Trump of the Tech industry. 

• Like 1

derpmonster

Lol @ people defending this. It's anti-competitive behavior and is illegal. Exactly why we have got into internet monopoly messes before. Microsoft used to do this until they learned through litigation and were forced to change. Now Apple does it (and Google to some extent but less).

You may find it silly but here's an example: Microsoft has to pay itself an amount of money for a copy of Windows on each Surface it sells (because all other companies like Dell, HP, etc. have to pay Microsoft to preinstall Windows on their computers). While the net effect is negligible for Microsoft, this means their Surface division's profit goes down $100 per device and they can't undercut. As a publicly traded company, they must report their revenues and expenses to the public and investors. Surface will make much less net profit than it would if Windows were "free" for it. They can only show that money in Windows division now which changes the outlook (cough) that investors may have about Surface.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

derpmonster
3 hours ago, Bloody hooker said:

Spotify is just whining. They existed on the iOS platform well before Apple Music was a thing. Apple isn’t limiting them as much as they claim. Apple limits everyone no matter who they are with not just Siri, but with iOS, watchOS, and audioOS in general. It’s meant to be treated as a security measure to make sure that all users are safe while using their software. I never got a chance to try out IAP during my coding days, but I’m not surprised that Apple takes a 30% fee. You’re making money while using them to give you’re product to their users. That’s just common business practice. It’s not a one-way street. I do agree that the fee is quite steep and should be lowered.

Yes, I know Apple needs to loosen up on their restriction, and I want them too as well. Spotify does makes some points, but they’re exaggerating a bit.

What bothers me the most about Spotify is that if you don’t have Spotify Premium, you cannot select songs that you want to listen to right then and there like you can on the desktop version. Everything is on shuffle automatically. The other thing that bothers me about Spotify is their UI. I don’t know how people think it’s simple and clean. It looks cluttered. Don’t get me wrong, Apple Music’s UI isn’t all that great, but it’s better than Spotify.

Did you read the article? :huh:

Apple arbitrarily defines IAP and doesn't charge some services (like Uber) for a "purchase" in the app but charges Spotify.

Also, you're complaining about shuffle on Spotify free? :what: Does Apple Music even have a free tier? :ladyhaha:

Shuffle Free > Nothing free

derpmonster
19 hours ago, Brinty binch said:

But you don't have to buy it in-app. You can do it on Spotify's website.

Customers are much more likely to buy in app if it's easy vs. having to do a lot of steps.

19 hours ago, Satans Ex Wife said:

01. That's just good business practice. You lower prices for companies/apps you own or have a stake in, since it's ultimately your money coming back after all.

02. If you buy an iPhone, Apple controls all sorts of things about what you can see, it collects your data, you store your nudes in their cloud. You have more to worry about from Apple being "unfair" than missing out on a Spotify coupon lmao

This sounds really pathetic coming from what I see as a "rival" company that isn't as multi-leveled and integrated as Apple. It's like they are trying to sound like anti-Big Business "we just wanna be FAIR!!" BernieBroBait but it's just an ad where they whine about not being the biggest boi. 

About 1. I won't argue because there are ways to do it legally and illegally when you're a platform vs. a service but you don't seem to care for that.

2. Apple doesn't control "all sorts of things." They should at least NOT be allowed to prevent competitors from emailing customers about a coupon if they want to be on their platform that enjoys a monopoly in the US. 

Yes, it IS a monopoly in the US because the majority of people use iPhones. In such a case, Spotify can't just leave it. It's a major platform. And we know what happens when major platforms use anti-competitive practices to favor their own service. We end up with situations like Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP being the most used browser for years leading to stifling the entire web industry and development. It took years, if not a decade or even more, to recover from that mess.

holy scheisse
13 hours ago, GagaXCollection said:

tenor.gif?itemid=12206278

I literally could not care less if u use apple products or not but funny gif mate

• Like 1
  • Love 1