LG6
tech

Spotify COMES FOR Apple

Featured Posts

Randomperson

Apple Music did something to my library and now all the album covers don’t show. Anyone know how to fix this?

Bound at every limb by my shackles of fear, Sealed with lies through so many tears

loathereality
3 hours ago, KleinGa said:

"competition is good"

YET, they're the ones that accept payola and push some artists over others :reductive:

ruining the music scene

Rio
8 hours ago, Petrichor said:

Yeah! It's gorgeous imo.

Mine is the same as it's always been tbh... i dunno how to send a screenshot on GGD. I update my apps all the time, maybe it isn't out in the UK yet?

Glamourpuss
9 hours ago, Satans Ex Wife said:

Also, for people complaining "Monopoly!!!" you can just... not buy iPhones

Even if Spotify leaves the Apple platform, that won't make Apple a monopoly because you can choose a different brand of phone.

Everybody should switch to Google Pixel. I love mine and GGD works well on it. :trollga:

• Thanks 1

ChromeAngel

I’ve never understood the hate Spotify gets. I’ve never used Apple Music, but I can’t see how it gets better than Spotify? The UI is simple and streamlined, has every song you could ever want, and there customer service is bomb (from my experience). I’ve received refunds just because I was broke and decided I want that $10 for food instead of premium that month. I think people love Apple JUST because it’s apple smh

• Like 3

holy scheisse

SAVAGE

As a Spotify and Android user since 2012 I've never once regretted leaving apple. 

• Like 3

Queen of Venus

Spotify >> thats so unfair

me & my designer vagina
  • Like 2

DCgaga

Luckily my situation is kind of easy, just keep the stuff you bought on iTunes and keep iTunes but also use Spotify :vegas:

DC
  • Like 2

OracleMonster
15 hours ago, sampool said:

The early 20s will witness the downfall of Apple

Wrong, try again :ally:

• LMAO 1

Bloody hooker

Spotify is just whining. They existed on the iOS platform well before Apple Music was a thing. Apple isn’t limiting them as much as they claim. Apple limits everyone no matter who they are with not just Siri, but with iOS, watchOS, and audioOS in general. It’s meant to be treated as a security measure to make sure that all users are safe while using their software. I never got a chance to try out IAP during my coding days, but I’m not surprised that Apple takes a 30% fee. You’re making money while using them to give you’re product to their users. That’s just common business practice. It’s not a one-way street. I do agree that the fee is quite steep and should be lowered.

Yes, I know Apple needs to loosen up on their restriction, and I want them too as well. Spotify does makes some points, but they’re exaggerating a bit.

What bothers me the most about Spotify is that if you don’t have Spotify Premium, you cannot select songs that you want to listen to right then and there like you can on the desktop version. Everything is on shuffle automatically. The other thing that bothers me about Spotify is their UI. I don’t know how people think it’s simple and clean. It looks cluttered. Don’t get me wrong, Apple Music’s UI isn’t all that great, but it’s better than Spotify.

This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.

jasperhallo

18 hours ago, Kimmo said:

That’s how businesses work honey, you want your app on apple products? Then you have to agree to their terms lol 

Stop crying about it Spotify, apple regulates a lot of companies for them to adapt and push their business. 

Why don’t you start paying more to your Artists like apple does? Why not talk about that? Reason why Gaga is partnered with Apple :vegas:

“For every 1,000 plays, an unsigned artist can earn $6.40 from Apple Music and $3.80 from Spotify, but YouTube only pays out $0.60 per 1,000 streams. Signed artists have the opportunity to earn more from each platform, $7.30 from Apple Music, $4.40 from Spotify and just $0.70 from Youtube for every 1,000 plays”

-Digital Music News

But Spotify has 4 times more users than Apple Music. Song are more likely to get a much higher streaming count on Spotify. 

FATCAT

In the long run, this will hurt Apple. They think they're trapping people into using Apple Music, but all they're really doing is locking their phones to an extent that people that don't fit that mold will default to Android. It's the same thing that happened to blackberry back in the day. People will follow innovation and new features, and if they don't like AM they might get that shiny new s10 next upgrade.

█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓ This püssy grabs back. █▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓
  • Thanks 1

FATCAT

Also, if Apple Music actually succeeded in making a monopoly, those artist payments would plummet. It's a messy metric to use.

█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓ This püssy grabs back. █▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓

GagaXCollection

I use both

Spotify has better playlists, but the sound quality on Apple Music is way better than Spotify.

Apple Music wins :vegas:

Lady Gaga collector since 2010