LG6
tech

Spotify COMES FOR Apple

Featured Posts

Kimmo
24 minutes ago, NewRules said:

Uh, you're talking as if you're an Apple executive who benefits from this and I'm trying to explain why this is bad for consumers.

If Spotify walks away then everyone with an iPhone will be forced to use Apple Music. As I said that's not a big deal right now, but a few months later Apple would definitely raise their prices. It's $9.99 now because if it was any higher then everyone would just use Spotify, but once Spoify is gone the price could be $19.99 and because there's no competition then we would be forced to pay that. Also, Spotify could keep updating and adding more features but Apple could keep things the same because there's no competition anymore

Uh, you're talking as if you're a Spotify executive who benefits from this and I'm trying to explain why this is bad for consumers.

The platforms charge the same for their services, apple on the other hand pays more to the artist and gives more to the consumer, while Spotify charges the same pays less to the artist and has the same or less benefits than apple but the executiives keep most of it of course lol oh the industries 

Actually if you had a business I’m sure you would do the same that apple is doing. But I mean I’m just an ignorant Insurance Agent so don’t take my opinion serious lol 

Widows Kiss

That explains everything I guess. :ohwell: On my Samsung I easily always paid for Spotify with my phone bill. When I got my new iPhone and I tried to upgrade to Spotify Premium I had to look for the option for literally 5 minutes and when I finally found it, it turns I couldn't even pay it with my phone bill. I was forced to upgrade Spotify on my computer. :ohwell: 

Edited by Widows Kiss

Kimmo
13 minutes ago, Florian said:

That's not how business works :laughga: You have laws that define the borders of what you're allowed and not allowed to do (and most of them are here to protect the customers from abuses!)

Apple is playing on the edge of that border and it will be the role of the Justice to tell on what side they are. Spotify is completely in its right

This is a different situation, apple owns their own products and their content... this is knows since the they came out with the first ipod, guess what you could only listen to music by buying it from the iTunes Store. But some people learned how to illegally add their music. 

Same with Apple Music and Spotify, apple can choose at any time if they want Spotify to be in any of their products because they own the right to the content for every apple product :trollga:

Rio
1 hour ago, Petrichor said:

I'm glad they're doing this. Apple is unfairly trying to gain a monopoly by limiting their "open" UI. Also, if you haven't updated your Spotify app, you totally should. Their new UI is beautiful.

New UI for iPhones???

melodichard

I’m planning on switching to Spotify so I can get my free Hulu subscription :flower: Down with Apple! 

ferretti

I am a massive Apple fanboy and all of my products are Apple and I also use AM because it works so well with all of my products. I think they are one of the best companies when it comes to goals and putting good into the world while still being a massive, profitable operation. I believe they care about security, the environment and making the world a better place. I really do. The App Store is one of the best inventions of all time, but the way they promote themselves is unfair and needs to be more regulated. They might have built the platform and the hardware, but it's absurd that I give Apple thousands of dollars nearly every year and can't even use Spotify because it just won't work nearly as well. The Mac doesn't come with those restrictions. The iOS world shouldn't either.

Edited by ferretti
disco stick tester, inquire within
  • Like 5

THEORACLE64

Wanna talk about fair, Spotify? Maybe we should talk about how you pay less to artists and labels in comparison to Apple, hm? Oh, yeah, you only care about your money when we're talking about what's "fair". Gotcha.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Petrichor
16 minutes ago, Rio said:

New UI for iPhones???

Yeah! It's gorgeous imo.

Zander

I definitely prefer Spotify (and because my mobile carrier gives me a yearly Spotify Premium subscription in my price plan) but whilst they might have a point that is essentially what you should expect when you're using their platform to make your app available on ios...

I guess I can kiss goodbye to having native Spotify + Siri support on my homepod anytime soon after shots have been fired. :laughga:

Edited by Zander

ExMachina
36 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Uh, you're talking as if you're a Spotify executive who benefits from this and I'm trying to explain why this is bad for consumers.

The platforms charge the same for their services, apple on the other hand pays more to the artist and gives more to the consumer, while Spotify charges the same pays less to the artist and has the same or less benefits than apple but the executiives keep most of it of course lol oh the industries 

Actually if you had a business I’m sure you would do the same that apple is doing. But I mean I’m just an ignorant Insurance Agent so don’t take my opinion serious lol 

What does your occupation have to do with this? Seems a bit insecure. 

Apple is not profiting from Apple Music. They could literally give the service away just to drive Spotify out of business. They don't have to make profit, while Spotify makes it or dies, that's why they pay the artists less.

Maybe it's business. But in my opinion you shouldn't make it okay that a big corporation can casually throw a couple of billions away to drive the pioneer of the market into the ground. 

• Like 4

Teal Ambition

AM's interface is ugly as hell and I never liked it, and this is coming from someone who adores Apply products. Spotify is much more user friendly. However, that being said, Spotify needs to step up and pay their artists more.

I'm glad they make this video because I can't that Siri refuses to play a song on Spotify when I ask her. This is mainly why I ended up being google homes instead of homepods since it doesn't support Spotify.

Edited by Teal Ambition
▌│█║▌║▌║ i exist only for me - fallon carrington ║▌║▌║█│▌
  • Like 2

Kimmo
21 minutes ago, ExMachina said:

What does your occupation have to do with this? Seems a bit insecure. 

Apple is not profiting from Apple Music. They could literally give the service away just to drive Spotify out of business. They don't have to make profit, while Spotify makes it or dies, that's why they pay the artists less.

Maybe it's business. But in my opinion you shouldn't make it okay that a big corporation can casually throw a couple of billions away to drive the pioneer of the market into the ground. 

Apple doesn’t profit from Apple Music?? Lol 

oh wow :ladyhaha:

River

So devil 1 is crying that devil 2 is not letting them f-ck the customers like they wants? :ladyhaha:

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)
  • Like 1

BenG

Spotify will never pay as much as AM because of the free streams. Just look at YouTube.

• Like 1

ExMachina
39 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Apple doesn’t profit from Apple Music?? Lol 

oh wow :ladyhaha:

Yes. 

https://www.cultofmac.com/516533/music-streaming-horrible-business-says-apple-music-boss/

The streaming services have a bad situation, there are no margins, they’re not making any money,” Iovine said. “Amazon sells Prime; Apple sells telephones and iPads; Spotify, they’re going to have to figure out a way to get that audience to buy something else.

That's coming from the head of Apple Music. 

Edited by ExMachina