LG6
tech

Spotify COMES FOR Apple

Featured Posts

KleinGa

"competition is good"

YET, they're the ones that accept payola and push some artists over others :reductive:

• Like 2

Gam
3 minutes ago, KleinGa said:

IN WHAT WORLD :laughga:

I've used BOTH for a long periods of time and Spotify is WAYYY easier to use and the UI is simpler and easier 

Yeah i've used both aswell and Spotify is the clear winner

iTunes was such a slow lump of crap on my computer, it's like it's designed by monkeys :air:

I hope that you can see you are the greatest, greatest thing to me ❤
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kimmo
7 minutes ago, NewRules said:

Apple is trying to create a monopoly. If they continue taking 30% of revenue from Spotify, refuse to let people to listen to Spotify on their speakers and make it impossible for Spotify to update the app then the only music app left will be Apple. There's no difference in price between Apple and Spotify right now so in the short term consumers consumers wouldn't worse off, but if Spotify leaves the App Store then quite quickly you're going to see Apple raising prices. If iPhones users no longer have a choice then Apple can raise the monthly price to $12.99 and there's nothing consumers could do to stop them.

I have a MacBook and iPhone but I'm not thirteen years old so I don't blindly defend a huge international business

And I am? Lol

you are here defending something too buddy...:ladyhaha:

Once again every company has their terms and conditions when it comes to apps, unfortunately apple who owns iPhones, who owns macs, who owns iTunes, also owns Apple Music and they have the right to push their product more than any other product for their own devices lol what is it that you don’t understand? If Spotify doesn’t agree they can simply walk away.

Mirages

I don't understand why spotify is surprised. Like Apple Music is literally Apple's and of course they gonna go with the app that makes them more money. It's business. This won't help anything it's pathetic.

• Like 1

GagaInTheZone

Spotify should stay low-key after that new terrible layout update and their total silence about it & ignore of the complaints :grr:

NewRules
15 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

And I am? Lol

Once again every company has their terms and conditions when it comes to apps, unfortunately apple who owns iPhones, who owns macs, who owns iTunes, also owns Apple Music and they have the right to push their product more than any other product for their own devices lol what is it that you don’t understand? If Spotify doesn’t agree they can simply walk away.

Uh, you're talking as if you're an Apple executive who benefits from this and I'm trying to explain why this is bad for consumers.

If Spotify walks away then everyone with an iPhone will be forced to use Apple Music. As I said that's not a big deal right now, but a few months later Apple would definitely raise their prices. It's $9.99 now because if it was any higher then everyone would just use Spotify, but once Spoify is gone the price could be $19.99 and because there's no competition then we would be forced to pay that. Also, Spotify could keep updating and adding more features but Apple could keep things the same because there's no competition anymore

Edited by NewRules
  • Like 7

The Louvre

Why are people defending Apple and its self-helping policies? That's unfair competition. Doesn't the US have laws on that like Europe? Of course Apple tries to create a monopoly but monopolies are extremely bad for consumers and lead to less innovation, lower quality and higher prices.

It's said the map of the world is on you. The moon gravitates around you. The seasons escape you.
  • Like 7

Morphine Prince

Spotify is better. Get Premium now and Get Hulu for free!

Your silence is my favorite sound
  • Like 1

Brinty binch
59 minutes ago, Vitleysingur said:

01  Apple Charges a Discriminatory Tax:

Apple requires that certain apps pay a 30% fee for use of their in-app purchase system (IAP) – as is their prerogative. However, the reality is that the rules are not applied evenly across the board. Does Uber pay it? No. Deliveroo? No. Does Apple Music pay it? No. So Apple gives the advantage to its own services.

But you don't have to buy it in-app. You can do it on Spotify's website.

It's MY opinion and I don't care what you think about it. Don't you like it? It's your problem.

Bloody Grammys

Not surprised. Apple is hell for the videogame industry as well.

Df+2~1, Df+2, F+31, BT+2, BT+14 S! WR+3, AOP1+2
  • Like 1

Borislshere

I've had apple music but I currently use Spotify premium and there's no way I'm going back. I'm not sure what voodoo magic Spotify is using on me but they somehow always create the perfect playlists. I'v discovered so many new artist through them .

• Like 1
  • YAAAS 3

Satans Ex Wife

01. That's just good business practice. You lower prices for companies/apps you own or have a stake in, since it's ultimately your money coming back after all.

02. If you buy an iPhone, Apple controls all sorts of things about what you can see, it collects your data, you store your nudes in their cloud. You have more to worry about from Apple being "unfair" than missing out on a Spotify coupon lmao

This sounds really pathetic coming from what I see as a "rival" company that isn't as multi-leveled and integrated as Apple. It's like they are trying to sound like anti-Big Business "we just wanna be FAIR!!" BernieBroBait but it's just an ad where they whine about not being the biggest boi. 

• LMAO 1

Florian
32 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

And I am? Lol

That's not how business works :laughga: You have laws that define the borders of what you're allowed and not allowed to do (and most of them are here to protect the customers from abuses!)

Apple is playing on the edge of that border and it will be the role of the Justice to tell on what side they are. Spotify is completely in its right

• Like 1

Satans Ex Wife

Also, for people complaining "Monopoly!!!" you can just... not buy iPhones

Even if Spotify leaves the Apple platform, that won't make Apple a monopoly because you can choose a different brand of phone.