Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

A way for Katy to repeak

Lighter

Featured Posts

ItWasntLaauv
8 hours ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

She is definitely not re-peaking.

But, maybe she can have another mildly successful era. I mean, Witness and 365 tanked, but it happens, I wouldn't write her off right away. I think she should be given another chance with KP5. 

Speaking of her hair, as banally as it may sound, it was the main reason behind her flopping :selena: Her cringe attitude isn't helping either. I think there's a line between goofy and funny and cringe. Her image just doesn't go with it.

8 hours ago, Married the Night said:

There is no way she’s going to repeak. She may find some commercial success but there’s no way she’s going back to where she was.

People said the same during ARTPOP, best not to make bold negative statements. :vegas:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ChromeAngel
4 hours ago, DCgaga said:

Hasn't worked :huntyga:

I’ll  need some examples. Unless I’ve been living under a rock like patick star, she hasn’t released one since teenage dream! :laughga:

20 minutes ago, ChromeAngel said:

I’ll  need some examples. Unless I’ve been living under a rock like patick star, she hasn’t released one since teenage dream! :laughga:

And Gaga hasn't released one single Bad Romance- Oh wait, now I see what you mean :triggered:

teawhore
5 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

It's not all about the hair. Apart from Roar and Dark Horse, her remaining singles were flopping during the Prism era and she had the long black hair then and Rise also flopped, still with the long black hair. It's a factor, but not the only one. It's more that the public have moved on from bubblegum pop that she provided. There's no guarantee that ballads could save her. She could only have successful ballads when they were a part of a highly successful era. I think making an acoustic ballad album would be the kind of artist she'd like to be, so it would be a theraputic process, but I don't know if her label will allow it nor do I think the public would be here for it. Surprisingly, even the Grammys aren't here for her ballads. Wide Awake is her only ballad to even get a Grammy nomination. Even when she put out Grammy bait before, it wasn't enough, she could only gain nominations with successful top 10's.

actually no. Rise, Birthday, and This Is How We Do only flopped on Katy Perry standards. Any other artist would kill to get singles that all peaked top 30. Rise debuted at 11 with virtually no promo.

♡ nyc ♡

2 minutes ago, teawhore said:

actually no. Rise, Birthday, and This Is How We Do only flopped on Katy Perry standards. Any other artist would kill to get singles that all peaked top 30. Rise debuted at 11 with virtually no promo.

Birthday flopped? I remember back in the 4th grade that song was EVERYWHERE and a LOT of people liked it :firega:

teawhore
Just now, DCgaga said:

Birthday flopped? I remember back in the 4th grade that song was EVERYWHERE and a LOT of people liked it :firega:

exactly! This Is How We Do has crazy views on youtube and B-day is everywhere

♡ nyc ♡

2 minutes ago, teawhore said:

exactly! This Is How We Do has crazy views on youtube and B-day is everywhere

I mean obviously it didn't do as well as Roar, but in my town, it turned out to be even more popular than Dark Horse :laughga:

zakariah

it's pretty sad to realise that once dr puke stopped writing for katy, she started underperforming/flopping, so maybe he was the reason katy had hits then :emma:

Jakkusan
10 hours ago, Boris2 said:

She already has her legacy. She’ll be like Cyndi Lauper  :staymad:

Oh my god.. comparing Katy Perry to Cyndi??! Dear lord. Why do we care about her re-peaking? Her music has always been so dull and commercial. Also, the way she came to fame by profiting from fake-Lesbianism (I Kissed A Girl) and then all-out being homophobic (You’re So Gay) is so gross.

Tom Nook
28 minutes ago, DCgaga said:

4th Grade? :air:

d48ed900e79fa9547169c26138b4cd8d_XL.jpg

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

martiniglistens
5 minutes ago, Gardevoir said:

4th Grade? :air:

d48ed900e79fa9547169c26138b4cd8d_XL.jpg

Saaksjsakfdflajd same I was like a full whole grown mf adult when that song came out 

KatieJudasGaga4
12 hours ago, JustAnother said:

Did we think country would help Gaga repeak? :oops:

At least she got a top 5 hit, #1 album and a Grammy with that "Country" album :ohwell:

JustAnother
3 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

At least she got a top 5 hit, #1 album and a Grammy with that "Country" album :ohwell:

You know I’m not shading it right... :ally: and I was talking more specifically about MR/Shallow. A lot of people doubted acoustic (country) ballads would help Gaga be in the spotlight. 

KatieJudasGaga4
4 minutes ago, JustAnother said:

You know I’m not shading it right... :ally: and I was talking more specifically about MR/Shallow. A lot of people doubted acoustic (country) ballads would help Gaga be in the spotlight. 

oh :nooo:

Bonkers

At this point it's going to take a sex tape with John Mayer AND Orlando Bloom.

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Archived