💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

A way for Katy to repeak

Lighter

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, ChromeAngel said:

Excuses me, no. How about we just start with a good, well written song. 

Hasn't worked :huntyga:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Boris2 said:

She already has her legacy. She’ll be like Cyndi Lauper  :staymad:

Except Cyndi Lauper can really sing :trollga:

Silvestro Devacelli

If yall came here to drag her just close the thread wtf she will repeak if she delivers quality work. Madonna flopped, gaga flopped, beyonce flopped, justin beiber flopped, michael jackson flopped literally everyone did :confused: stop being so hard on her after gaga’s succes she will be successful one time again.

StrawberryBlond

It's not all about the hair. Apart from Roar and Dark Horse, her remaining singles were flopping during the Prism era and she had the long black hair then and Rise also flopped, still with the long black hair. It's a factor, but not the only one. It's more that the public have moved on from bubblegum pop that she provided. There's no guarantee that ballads could save her. She could only have successful ballads when they were a part of a highly successful era. I think making an acoustic ballad album would be the kind of artist she'd like to be, so it would be a theraputic process, but I don't know if her label will allow it nor do I think the public would be here for it. Surprisingly, even the Grammys aren't here for her ballads. Wide Awake is her only ballad to even get a Grammy nomination. Even when she put out Grammy bait before, it wasn't enough, she could only gain nominations with successful top 10's.

WORLDofGAGA

It’s kinda sad to see people say Katy is a flop because of one album a single that could still rise. She’s had many hits and iconic rememberable songs, wishing her all the best on her new album

@W0RLDofGAGA

dynamite

Of course she can have success again, she just needs a really catchy song. Everything since Witness has been mediocre at best, as well as her change in look and weird attitude. She literally just needs to grow her hair out, release a banging song with an attention-grabbing video and pretty sure she'd be fine. People haven't necessarily written her off, they just didn't care for what came out.

Every single artist has had at least one period of low success throughout their careers.

Ronk
1 hour ago, WORLDofGAGA said:

It’s kinda sad to see people say Katy is a flop because of one album a single that could still rise. She’s had many hits and iconic rememberable songs, wishing her all the best on her new album

This. :heart:   I think most people liked her long natural hair so it would be good to go back to that.  Then she just needs one great song that catches the public.  The right song will catapult her because millions of people like her and want to see her succeed and are waiting for something to rally behind.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Ronk
5 minutes ago, dynamite said:

Of course she can have success again, she just needs a really catchy song. Everything since Witness has been mediocre at best, as well as her change in look and weird attitude. She literally just needs to grow her hair out, release a banging song with an attention-grabbing video and pretty sure she'd be fine. People haven't necessarily written her off, they just didn't care for what came out.

Every single artist has had at least one period of low success throughout their careers.

Exactly.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Economy
7 hours ago, Boris2 said:

She already has her legacy. She’ll be like Cyndi Lauper  :staymad:

I was thinking the same thing

Gaga could be like Madonna with a longer career and Katy Perry like Cindy Lauper where her success was concentrated within a certain time frame but left enough of a mark to be remembered

Economy
2 hours ago, WORLDofGAGA said:

It's not one single...

Bon Appetit, Swish Swish, Feels, now 365 are 4 singles in a row with poor performance 

And I'm not hating cuz I like all of those (except swish swish)... I loved Bon Appetit and it's video, I loved feels and right now 365 is my jam

But that's a lot of flops in a row. Even Gaga never had that many consecutive flops

Savage

i'm rooting for her. Seems like a really genuine person, esp. now. Plus no one can deny she has the bops, even on Witness. (Chained to the Rhythm and Bone Apple Teeth both slapped, don't deny it.)

Head Empty

I don't understand why y'all are acting her career is damaged beyond repair. Many people still love her. It's not like she damaged her reputation or anything.

It's just that some of her last songs didn't hit the zeitgeist as well as the ones before. But almost all musical icons have had at least one or two periods in their career where they weren't on top. All it takes is one great song to come back. The GP is fickle but not picky.

And the hair thing is just dumb. Regardless of her haircut, Katy is stunning and her looks will never be in question.

Head Empty
4 minutes ago, Savage said:

i'm rooting for her. Seems like a really genuine person, esp. now. Plus no one can deny she has the bops, even on Witness. (Chained to the Rhythm and Bone Apple Teeth both slapped, don't deny it.)

I swear if Gaga had released Bon Appetit (without Migos) it would've definitely be a fan favorite :smh:

RochestrMonstr

It’s definitely not fair for people to expect her to repeak the way Gaga did. Gaga had to use her talents outside of pop music to make that happen.

I’m not saying Katy isn’t talented but I don’t see any reason to think she could rebound in the same way. 

Katy is more of a conventional pop star, who had a huge peak and has a huge legacy. I could definitely see her having hits again, possibly even taking the gospel-pop route, but not with a string of #1’s the way she did in her peak. 

BangTheGong

Honestly she just needs better more catchy songs. A lot of girls still like her. I still listen to Teenage Dream. She just needs to draw some nostalgia and create some good tunes and be herself.

Archived