šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Captain Marvel (2019)

RAMROD

Featured Posts

YourCureness

I loved the movie. I loved Brie's performance. The movie is not the greatest, but it is not bad. My issueĀ  actually here is with the directors of the movie. They are not quite as visionary as James Gunn, Waititi, Ryan Coogler, Russo Bros. They did not give a different flavor to the movie, made it feel like it was just another Marvel movie from Phase 1, you know what I mean? Also I think the 90s setting was not properly utilized? Without the music or the videostore I wouldn't really realize that they were in the 90s. Kinda wanted them to make the "era" a character on its own.Ā 

Ā 

But the movie served its purpose. It launched the strongest hero in the MCU, and it proved that a female led superhero movie can bring you the million dollars baby.Ā 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Angelm
7 minutes ago, YourCureness said:

I loved the movie. I loved Brie's performance. The movie is not the greatest, but it is not bad. My issueĀ  actually here is with the directors of the movie. They are not quite as visionary as James Gunn, Waititi, Ryan Coogler, Russo Bros. They did not give a different flavor to the movie, made it feel like it was just another Marvel movie from Phase 1, you know what I mean? Also I think the 90s setting was not properly utilized? Without the music or the videostore I wouldn't really realize that they were in the 90s. Kinda wanted them to make the "era" a character on its own.Ā 

Ā 

But the movie served its purpose. It launched the strongest hero in the MCU, and it proved that a female led superhero movie can bring you the million dollars baby.Ā 

I think itā€™s because they were indie directors, theyā€™ve never directed an action movie this big.Ā 

I think this was a very random decision coming from Marvel and Disney, itā€™s okay to give new directors a chance, but not in one of your biggest films. Anyways, the movie was great overall.

PerfectGUY

On the contrary, I loved the directors. Yes, they do not have that specialĀ flavour likeĀ theĀ Russos do.Ā 
BUT, theĀ scenes are very clean AND artistic. The camera movement is original!

All the shots at theĀ beginning of the movie are gorgeous. Yet very comics accurate.

I have more problems with the director of AntMan&TheWasp (such anĀ interesting license ruined, I'll never get over that), Thor Ragnarok (the humour was just too much and not my cup of tea at all, I loved the humour in Captain Marvel wayĀ moreĀ - it didn't ruin serious moments -), and Dr. Strange (I think the director wasn't ambitiousĀ enough with the movie while the character may be Marvel's mostĀ interesting one)

In all honesty I couldn't care less about who the directors of any MCU movie is because Marvel / Disney strips them off any individuality and creativity anyways. Any big-time director could direct any MCU movie and the result would be the same.

headspin, happiness, DEĢ¤Ģ£AĢ¢ĢÆĶ”Ģ˜TĶĶ™Ģ—ĢŸĢ«HĶ”Ķ…Ģ—Ģ™

stupidrain71
23 minutes ago, gag said:

In all honesty I couldn't care less about who the directors of any MCU movie is because Marvel / Disney strips them off any individuality and creativity anyways. Any big-time director could direct any MCU movie and the result would be the same.

This. I read somewhere that Patty Jenkins (Monster,Ā Wonder Woman) was once selected to direct a Marvel filmĀ but withdrew due to creative differences. Marvel is really strict when it comes to how should their characters be told and shown on screen.Ā 

Ā 

Edit: She was hired to direct Thor 2

RAMROD

Now it's been 2 weeks, I suppose most already seen the movie by now. So here is my final thought after watching it for 2nd time, it will be long, so prepare yourself:

Spoiler

Captain Marvel is aĀ good movie, it got its problem sure, but still, it is a good movie. It is in my Top 10 MCU movies if I have to list it. And here's why:

Ā 

As most origins story, this movie shows someone from zero to hero. From a loser to become someone that people look up to. And one will expect that this movie will be a woman who would rise up and able to do a man can do.Ā 

But no, aside one or two lines that addressed her gender, most obstacles that Carol Danvers gone through can be appliedĀ to any characters, regardless sex or race. And in the same time this storyline can be applied to female empowerment as well. Just like Carol said when she battles the Intellegence, she may be a fenale but most of all,Ā she is a human. A human who learns lessons and get strongerĀ from it.Ā That is Ā a class act.

Same thing goes for the visual.

One, theĀ uniform that Carol wears isn't sexualized at all. Ofc nothing wrongĀ with being sexy,Ā Ā but often times, comic writers deliberately sexualized their characters, especially when it comes to female heroes, to the point of exploitive,Ā as selling point to please the thirsty audience. None of that happening here. Nonsexual fulfillmentĀ happening for this movie.

Second, her uniform are jot a costume per se. It is an uniform which we saw also worn by her other wx Kree squad,Ā which gives gender neutrality once more.

Ā 

I came in expecting an actual female hero that young girls can look up to, and this film did just that, successfully.Ā  A strong yet kind and polite personĀ who can brought herself to look up to. And a little bit more. As, turns out, this movie will also work for the little boys too! As it will help the the future themĀ to see woman not as just as side character, or a character, but as a whole person and would translate it how they will treat women IRL, and to me that is far more effective that arguing all day.

Ā 

AndĀ I hear lots of people talking about the wooden acting by Brie Larson. But that is deliberate. Carol Danvers were supposed to be this kidnapped and brain washed person who don'tĀ remember her past, Ā she was made into a superĀ soldier. And her commander always scolded her for showing emotions, because supposedly it will make her weak.Ā 

But as we all who watches this film, she is slowly turns into her old self again. It takes time since she have been out of touch from how people interract in Earth. So it is a little hit awkward for her to be in another planet that she never know was her birth place.Ā But she learning and slowly shows her warm side.Ā She even started pulling some jokes to Fury and Rambeau.

Those kind ofĀ actingĀ can only be served by an Oscars winning actress that is Brie.Ā 

So at the end of the day, personally,Ā And I am happy to hear about the wooden acting complains. Cos Brie really sells this well!

Ā 

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

chromadica

Enjoyed Captain Marvel very much! There's nothing overly spectacular about it, but it did its job as an origin story and introduced one of the MCU's strongest and most compelling heroes.Ā Carol's bigĀ moments were definitely inspiring and thrilling to see, Brie Larson did an excellent job.Ā I wasn't too fond of the music choices at times; No Doubt playing over a fight scene felt cringy and took me out of the moment. But that's only a minor nitpick. I think Carol Danvers can only go up from here, and I look forward to seeing her blossom in the MCU. There's always room for more female superheroes.

• 2 weeks later...

I am SO SICK of people being like ā€œoh but why didnā€™t Captain Marvel help the Avengers?????ā€. She did not helpĀ because her movie came out laterĀ dumb bitchĀ shut up.

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Reality
9 minutes ago, Red said:

I am SO SICK of people being like ā€œoh but why didnā€™t Captain Marvel help the Avengers?????ā€. She did not helpĀ because her movie came out laterĀ dumb bitchĀ shut up.

Also, she's literally out there saving dozens of planets. How was she supposed to know if Earth was in danger if Fury didn't page her in? For all she knows, the Earth has been just fine ever since she left.Ā 

šŸƒšŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

3 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Also, she's literally out there saving dozens of planets. How was she supposed to know if Earth was in danger if Fury didn't page her in? For all she knows, the Earth has been just fine ever since she left.Ā 

It pisses me off because no one gives a flying f about what Fawkes was doing before and after Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, or why Eight did not help Eleven in season one of Stranger Things or why Mercury did not join the X-Men in the original trilogy or SEVERAL OTHER EXAMPLES.

JusKeepBreathin

I enjoyed the movie but was bored to death by Brie. Annette Benning as the supreme intelligence had more depth than Brie as Captain Marvel. I don't think Brie is charismatic enough to play this character.Ā  I also found Samuel Jackson's Capt Fury as the comedic side kick to be distracting. I felt like I was watching The Last Kiss Goodnight again. Except The Last Kiss Goodnight was a better movie. But I can't wait to see a sequel. Marvel always seems to flesh it's characters out on the sequels.Ā 

I can't wait for End Game!!!!

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Reality
15 minutes ago, ChromeAngel said:

Can we be done with superhero movies? ThnxĀ 

giphy.gif

šŸƒšŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

Reality
41 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

I enjoyed the movie but was bored to death by Brie. Annette Benning as the supreme intelligence had more depth than Brie as Captain Marvel. I don't think Brie is charismatic enough to play this character.Ā  I also found Samuel Jackson's Capt Fury as the comedic side kick to be distracting. I felt like I was watching The Last Kiss Goodnight again. Except The Last Kiss Goodnight was a better movie. But I can't wait to see a sequel. Marvel always seems to flesh it's characters out on the sequels.Ā 

I can't wait for End Game!!!!

I was actually surprised by Brie's performance. In the trailers, she didn't really have much of a personality, which I thought was weird even looking back at it in hindsight because even when she wasn't fully aware of who she was, she was still comical and had personality. I thought she was charismatic enough.Ā 

I get that it may be kind of distracting to have Sam Jackson play such a different Nick Fury, but I think they had to in order to show his evolution. This (canonically speaking) is the first time he's met a superhero/aliens, so I could only imagine how these events affected him in the future.Ā 

I was indifferent towards Annette Benning though. I thought the reveal that she was Mar-vell was kinda cool though. I definitely didn't see that coming.

šŸƒšŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

22 minutes ago, ChromeAngel said:

Can we be done with superhero movies? ThnxĀ 

Great inputĀ 

Archived