OUT NOW!
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Jo Calderone Appreciation!

Smother Em Eh

Featured Posts

Smother Em Eh

I feel like he doesn’t get enough credit. 

JldD.gif

Gaga did a fantastic job playing him! The whole meaning behind him was and is still fascinating to me. The look, the vibe, his aggression, her man voice, the cigarette in her mouth, and just the way she portrayed him. The whole concept was pure art! He is definitely in a league of his own separate from her other alter egos.

DISNmv0XkAQy7gp.jpg

Like how she managed to look just like a man and to be fully in character was AMAZING. I’m so glad she debuted him live at the 2011 VMA’s! I wish we saw more of him during the BTW Era! 

6599747129bbbb19cdbdc6ec7af21cfd--hair-m

MTV4WEB.jpg

joe-calderone.jpg

2mplv9l.jpg

The pop girls that year thought they would outdo Gaga, little did they know she would come as a man! 

Also I wish we got the behind the scenes pictures of her team making Gaga into Jo Calderone. It would be AMAZING! 

Thoughts? 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

AndiGaga

Thank you! I wish she would have played that character for a longer time, i loved it 

HighwayFantasy

This was absolutely epic. So theatrical and well thought out. She made a retrospective of herself by playing her own boyfriend how f*cking awesome?

Smother Em Eh
Just now, HighwayFantasy said:

This was absolutely epic. So theatrical and well thought out. She made a retrospective of herself by playing her own boyfriend how f*cking awesome?

IKR? It was pure art to the extreme and I was living for it. Who else but Gaga would do this & could pull this off? :what:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

misunderstood

I love Jo so much too :giveup:

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

SKANK

lady-gaga_tony-bennett_wireimage17543524

Lady_Gaga_lights_Adeles_cigarette.jpg

I remember when the first images of Jo appeared in Vouge Hommes and members of this site were like, "it's obviously not her, fake, it looks nothing like her."

Jo was brilliant though. It was a perfect example of what set her apart from her peers; the creative ambition, the willingness to not be beautiful or sexy, and the theatrics of it all.

The fashion film for You is great, maybe better than the video itself. Jo's whole appearance at the VMAs was iconic. The monologue, rocking out with Brian May, flirting with Britney Spears, chilling with Tony Bennett, sharing a cigarette with Adele, Adele looking concerned when Jo fell off the piano.

I'd love to see her adopt another character for a conceptual album or song.

Didymus

Brilliant persona. Makes me sad. Both the Y&I mv and the VMA performance are seriously the most frustratingly underrated episodes of Gaga’s career :giveup: 

Stephen

EPIC. The balls to pull this kind of stunt at the height of her career... she's so brave and cool UGH :giveup:

Chromatic

Yoü And I was probably the best visual she served during Born This Way, and Jo was the cherry on top.

latest?cb=20121019124816

latest?cb=20121019125108

JazzGa

Scarlett Jowhomsson? :legend:

We've known she was an Oscar-level actress since 2011! :legend:

I've taken a few dips in the lady pond

not asher613

I sometimes miss him. He was so troubled. Demons inside. I wonder what happened to him

edengowon

He needs to come back at some point

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Fresco

We got a little cleaned up Joe in ASIB when she was in the uniform suit for the job she quit. And she looked sharp in the suit ... :nooo: ok I'm stretching, that was all Ally.

Arcanum

Never thought of this before butt

Jo looks like LP's long lost brother (if she ever had any).

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

I adored Jo, one of my favorite moments of her career.

I hate that Beyonce stole the night with her damn pregnancy announcement after all the work Gaga put into that performance,  for the media, a pregnancy was more important

Archived