💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

interview

Frederic Aspiras: "Gaga lives in her art"

OMonster

Featured Posts

OMonster

I don't think I've seen this posted on here yet (apologies if it has) - Frederic, Gaga's hairstylist, did a very detailed and super interesting interview with Allure on his work with Gaga. 

I found this interview extremely insightful. On here, we often talk of how Gaga has changed so immensely over time - particularly in terms of her attitude and approach to art. I think a lot of us think that she is no longer tied to the notion of ARTPOP anymore, but this interview really says otherwise. She's still art-obsessed, and glamour-obsessed too. 

A few interesting quotes from the interview:

"Her purest form is when she is in her ripped-up fishnets, boots, and leather jacket — or a gown — and when her iconic silver-blonde hair is messy or she has a wig on. We live and breathe our art, and that’s what keeps us inspired. It’s not a costume per se. It's what we love to do."

"When I first met her, her look was always razor sharp," Aspiras recalls, not only referring to Gaga's hair but also her focus. "She knew exactly what she wanted. She cared about every garment, every hairstyle, and was extremely detailed about every single thing."

(of the Superbowl): "It was a little bit of Gaga and a little bit of her. That was months and months of planning. If you have 15 minutes of live television, nothing can go wrong. We made it look really easy when it really wasn't."

I think it's great to hear how art-focused Gaga continues to be. I am so excited for her next era, where I think it's almost confirmed by this point that she will be shape-shifting once again. 

subtext / fantasy

Doncho
14 minutes ago, OMonster said:

I think it's great to hear how art-focused Gaga continues to be. I am so excited for her next era, where I think it's almost confirmed by this point that she will be shape-shifting once again

For sure. She always does. However visually I expect something much better than Joanne... please :cryga:

Suspiria

Artists really do talk a lot of junk:ladyhaha: Seriously, it took "months of planning" to come up with this hair?

lady-gaga10.jpg

He is definitely very talented, especially as a wig maker. Like 90% of his 2009-2015 wigs were incredible. But since Joanne her hair has looked consistently awful, and I don't know how he can say with a straight face that he spends months working on these frazzled granny buns with badly maintained roots.

Reid LePage
1 minute ago, Suspiria said:

Artists really do talk a lot of junk:ladyhaha: Seriously, it took "months of planning" to come up with this hair?

lady-gaga10.jpg

He is definitely very talented, especially as a wig maker. Like 90% of his 2009-2015 wigs were incredible. But since Joanne her hair has looked consistently awful, and I don't know how he can say with a straight face that he spends months working on these frazzled granny buns with badly maintained roots.

i didn't want to say it, but someone had to :hor: 

LIKELADYAGAGA
1 minute ago, Suspiria said:

lady-gaga10.jpg

you do realize everything you said was intentional? Her hair is what is in style.

OMonster
9 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

lady-gaga10.jpg

I initially thought this too, but in fairness - I think it is about the process, more than the end result. 

For example, before reaching this style, you can only imagine the endless amount of other options he must've considered. It would've been a very complex decision... this was the biggest performance of Gaga's career. The look attached to such a huge, defining moment was never going to be black-and-white. There's no way they just chose this hair and stuck with it from the outset. 

You also have to consider the logistics that surround a show like the half time. There is no backstage area and no time for any adjustments, and the hair therefore has to withstand all that movement whilst not disrupting the pace of everything.

As an example: how could Gaga change outfits in seconds without the hair interfering? How could she jump from the stadium, whilst retaining the hairstyle? And how could she change the style with ease, whilst mid-air? These are just a few questions that definitely, when applied to multiple choices, would've taken months to work out. 

And then, away from all the logistical considerations, as I touched on, Frederic would've been aware that this look would go down in the history books of Gaga's career. That pressure alone is enough to understand how such a decision could take months of work. 

subtext / fantasy

Sneaky Oliver
24 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

lady-gaga10.jpg

I think this is kind of unfair. Maybe there were months of planning but that’s not the result he was working for. Maybe he made the most beautiful wig and she chose not to wear it. 

The final result not always shows everything they planned or worked on behind the scenes :wtf: and this is her natural hair. Imagine how awful that would be if you told to her face that her hair looks bad 

In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel living in the Garden Of Eden

33 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

lady-gaga10.jpg

You ain’t never lied sis :ohwell:

Fame IV
5 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

I think this is kind of unfair. Maybe there were months of planning but that’s not the result he was working for. Maybe he made the most beautiful wig and she chose not to wear it. 

The final result not always shows everything they planned or worked on behind the scenes :wtf: and this is her natural hair. Imagine how awful that would be if you told to her face that her hair looks bad 

I liked the SB hairstyle

A Star is Born ⭐

Suspiria
22 minutes ago, OMonster said:

I initially thought this too, but in fairness - I think it is about the process, more than the end result. 

For example, before reaching this style, you can only imagine the endless amount of other options he must've considered. It would've been a very complex decision... this was the biggest performance of Gaga's career. The look attached to such a huge, defining moment was never going to be black-and-white. There's no way they just chose this hair and stuck with it from the outset. 

You also have to consider the logistics that surround a show like the half time. There is no backstage area and no time for any adjustments, and the hair therefore has to withstand all that movement whilst not disrupting the pace of everything.

As an example: how could Gaga change outfits in seconds without the hair interfering? How could she jump from the stadium, whilst retaining the hairstyle? And how could she change the style with ease, whilst mid-air? These are just a few questions that definitely, when applied to multiple choices, would've taken months to work out. 

And then, away from all the logistical considerations, as I touched on, Frederic would've been aware that this look would go down in the history books of Gaga's career. That pressure alone is enough to understand how such a decision could take months of work. 

Ok you're right, that's a lot of good points I didn't consider. While I personally think he made a terrible choice with the final look, they obviously must have spent a long time thinking about it.

37 minutes ago, LIKELADYAGAGA said:

you do realize everything you said was intentional? Her hair is what is in style.

I'm sure it is intentional, but the looks in recent years require zero skill or imagination, regardless of how colourfully and fancifully he describes the process.

She looks like the local junkie who can afford to get her roots done. Or a dinner lady who has to scrape her hair into a scalp-destroyingly tight bun.

9c84e2c6a00ea18471410d01f351afc7--lady-g

3AABA5BB00000578-3962998-image-a-54_1479

medium_2018-06-27-180f488231.jpg

OMonster
16 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

Ok you're right, that's a lot of good points I didn't consider. While I personally think he made a terrible choice with the final look, they obviously must have spent a long time thinking about it.

Of course, you're totally entitled to your opinion :) 

Thanks for considering my points, though. It's nice when people on here can have a reasoned discussion, and not derail everything into drama lol. 

subtext / fantasy

giskardsb
20 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

I'm sure it is intentional, but the looks in recent years require zero skill or imagination, regardless of how colourfully and fancifully he describes the process.

She looks like the local junkie who can afford to get her roots done. Or a dinner lady who has to scrape her hair into a scalp-destroyingly tight bun.

9c84e2c6a00ea18471410d01f351afc7--lady-g

3AABA5BB00000578-3962998-image-a-54_1479

medium_2018-06-27-180f488231.jpg

you are cherry-picking examples and who knows how much Freddy did those days or if Gaga just wanted to play it easy.

Not every single day is designed to be a masterpiece.

Suspiria
5 minutes ago, OMonster said:

Of course, you're totally entitled to your opinion :) 

Thanks for considering my points, though. It's nice when people on here can have a reasoned discussion, and not derail everything into drama lol. 

That's true. But your points made so much sense I couldn't have argued if I'd tried lol:hug:

31 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Yeah as I said to OMonster, you're right he probably did put a lot of effort into trying hundreds of options for ths SB. Regarding her natural hair, her hair can and often does look beautiful! But only when it is well nourished and taken care of, and styled well. And IMO at the SB it didn't look any of those things to me personally.

JazzGa
29 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

I just gotta say about the roots thing, you can't keep your roots 100% bleached 100% of the time because it will fry your hair. You have to let your hair rest for a few weeks between bleachings. 

I've taken a few dips in the lady pond

ThatAsianGuy

Im really amaze on what Fredi has done to Gaga`s hair on the HTS. Like its a completely different look on every transition of the song.

Archived