Are you praying?  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Are you praying?

• Yes I am praying
    • Yes I am praying

Featured Posts

pachinko
9 hours ago, SimplyTheBest said:

Or that Gaga is hiding her real nameĀ :ladyhaha:Ā ...

I said it a few weeks back that I feared "The Favourite" might go home empty handed despite its 10 noms or win like 1 award. Same thing with Blackkklansman and the fact that GB and BR are locks in some categuories it's just ...

("The Wife" and "The Favourite" SPOILERSĀ in the next paragraph for those who haven't seen themĀ :huntyga:)

I think the problem with "The Wife" is that there were too many flashbacks and the actors in them are so so so badĀ :huntyga:Ā From the ceremony scene until the end is where she was particuliarly brilliant. While listening to her husband, you could see her thinking and progressively realising that she should be the one receiving the award and then finally stood up for herself. Olivia was my favourite (:ally:) from the nominees. She showed so much range. She made me laugh, angry, feel for her. Especially duringĀ that dance scene. She was at first entertained, then probably seeing them enjoying them selfves so freely made her realise that she might never be able to do that. All that topped by the sadness and anger of never being able to show her love for Sarah publicly. She showed all that in matter of few seconds,Ā she was just marvellous!

Glenn is definitely helped by her overdue narrative and also the timing is just perfect. Her biggest competition is a popstar turned actress on her first role who can be rewarded elsewhereĀ and an underrated (inĀ the US) british actress who despite her brilliant performance, they don't know her (shouldn't matter but it does), plus she didn't campaign as hard as the other two despite the fact that she was the one who needed it the most! Had CYEFM? been released when Melissa was at the height of her popularity, she would've been competing forĀ the win. But since she doen't make them as much money as she used to, she's considered like a filler nominee. These are reasons why I predicted Glenn to win it all from the get go. Media is obsessed with Gaga and predict her to win everything she's up for becauseĀ her devoted fanbase will fall for it and share it everywhere. Then, if she loses it's even better for them, they'll write 10.000 articles about how she was snubbed. See the millions "What went wrong with ASIB" articles and saying it's partlyĀ because of her knowing all her fans will rush to those sites to defend her!

I didn't like a lot of things about this season, BS campaigning was at full force, people shamelessly using other people's struggles to get awards and all the fantastic performances that could not make it because of that. There's a reason why winning an oscar doesn't guarantee jobs, take a look at all the actors that disappeared after winning one. I remember saying I did not want her to win this early, it will be considered as a peak and every else she does will be considered as a flop. And I got attacked for it! But I am so proud of Gaga though, like she delivered and got it on her first try like ... now she just gotta be smart and choose projects that will appeal to the gp and not concentrating on "oscar films" only. A good box office track record is what will guarantee you a good future.Ā 

Am I supposed to read this essay?Ā :noparty:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nodandsmile
1 hour ago, pachinko said:

Am I supposed to read this essay?Ā :noparty:

No, you can just ignore it if it's too longĀ :giggle:

Ā 

SPARTACUS
9 hours ago, derpmonster said:

Sis what

You think praying can't change what's written on a card but would've magically changed voters' minds and made them vote for her? :what:

Both miraclesĀ 

What? :blink:Ā  I said praying can't change what's written on the card; the card that the presenter will read tonight.

-š“š‡š„ š…š€šŒš„ š„ššˆš†šŒš€ā„¢

Archived