189 members have voted

1. 1. Are you praying?

• Yes I am praying
    • Yes I am praying

Featured Posts

Bradley
1 minute ago, ReRe said:

she'll get a lot of backlash for payola/buying the award out

Only kids say that tbh. We know you cannot buy an Academy Award.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be amazing but i'm looking forward to her red carpet look, winning best original song and her performance, I'll be turning the tv off after which ever one of those three is last

6 minutes ago, Kitsch said:

Only kids say that tbh. We know you cannot buy an Academy Award.

Oh absolutely. Doesn't make difference though, because her Instagram/YouTube/Twitter feed will be chock full of hateful comments anyway. 

Bradley
3 minutes ago, ReRe said:

Oh absolutely. Doesn't make difference though, because her Instagram/YouTube/Twitter feed will be chock full of hateful comments anyway. 

I mean the biggest star also attracts the most haters, it doesn't mean anything.

Any mature person who is not involved in Twitter stan community who watches the Academy Awards won't have a problem with it. The Academy comprises of 6000 professionals working in the film industry, do we really care about what the haters say? Or do we value the opinions of 6000 professionals more? Besides, the critics and audience have already acclaimed Gaga's performance in A Star Is Born, it's not like it will be very controversial if it does happen.

With that being said, I do think Glenn Close stands the biggest chance of winning Best Actress.

Hear my shitty prayers, je suis who je suis, and I don't need to f-ck with another man bayu bayu aw

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

FinnishGypsy
55 minutes ago, ReRe said:

It always has been, and always will be, no matter what she does (or doesn’t do).

Those anonymous criticisms are overwhelmingly executed by either insecure kids whose own self-esteem has become inextricably tied into their favorite celebrity’s level of success, or bored assholes (e.g., POTUS) who simply get their sole kicks from trolling people (and, let’s face it, the LMs are a great target for trolls because as a group, we are rather, erm, passionate). 

If Gaga hadn’t learned to tune out the “haters” (as well as her own fanbase!) she would’ve lost both her career and sanity by now. Fans of hers should follow by example and do the same: just ignore it. It’s all trivial and meaningless, and life is too short to expend negative energy in that manner.

RAMROD
3 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

Is that Justin Bieber? :ladyhaha:

No. That is moi :poot:

:poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Thonin Dyn

not gonna happen, it's more fair to give it to Glenn who is more deserving 

Serve it, Ancien City style!

Gaga Lazuli

Dios te salve maria llena eres de gracia el señor es contigo bendita eres entre todas las mujeres y bendito es el fruto de tu vientre jesus. Santa Maria madre de dios ruega señora por nosotros y por Gaga y por shallow ahora y en la hora de nuestra muerte amen. 

Little Monsters Torture Me

RAMROD

Y'all be saying Glenn will win this, but there is Olivia Colman who also have the same chance as Glenn here. With the history of Oscars snubbing Glenn and really loving period films with grandeur story of Kings and Queens,  you can't say Colman is out of the question to win Best actress. If anything she can always be an upset. :shrug:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

zakariah
4 hours ago, loathereality said:

but i hope she takes home 9 oscars 

one for each letter of ‘LADY GAGA’ & of course best original song :diane:

FinnishGypsy
16 minutes ago, Thonin Dyn said:

not gonna happen, it's more fair to give it to Glenn who is more deserving 

Is she deserving in general, or for this role specifically, though? The award should be only about this one role, this one movie. Whether a legendary actress or a debut performance, the wins are intended to be merit-based, excluded from environmental influences. 

Even most film critics (and anonymous Oscar voters) have stated they are not voting so much for this performance, which wasn’t her most impressive, but for her work as an actress overall (which shouldn’t be how it’s conducted at all, but it happens every year). I also strongly suspect she’ll win, and agree she deserved it ages ago, but I don’t respect the rationale for the win.

Archived