💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The GP don't want CrazyGa back

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

diamondheartxx

I don't think she'll ever be the bleeding to death, horn wearing CrazyGa again. Like others have said, she'll just have "gaga" moments but more toned down. Like the grammy 2017 performance

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Felixorfelicia
5 hours ago, jasperhallo said:

I never liked that crazy style anyway. It doesnt really match her great personality and all her interviews were so cringey and try hard. 

Then what was it that attracted you to her? Cause that’s literally what she’s all about 

Tease it to Jesus

Anderson123

The thing with Gaga is, she never goes back to what she has done in the past. So as much as people want her to be “TFM/BTW Gaga”, she has grown up and lived her life and is not in that place anymore, same with Cheek To Cheek, Joanne and A Star Is Born, this has opened a world of possibilities and opportunities and she’s always doing something new. I’m very curious to see what she does with LG6 after these first 10 years of an amazing career. 

metalguru

I think it is not a problem of being CrazyGa or not.

Craziness and theatrical approaches were missing when Gaga first arrived.

She brought a lot of new perspectives to the conversation. And after her, everyone go back home and study harder to catch up with her innovation. 

She just needs to find a new, progressive, exciting voice/sound/attitude. it could be very minimal yet super effective (or crazy) or it could be over the top once again but it shouldn't be anything remotely conservative and orthodox (aka post-ARTPOP) nor relying too much of her own past (aka Vegas show).

AJRocketMan

Hell no! I’m sick of “mature” and “classy”. I want something wild, youthful, revolutionary, subversive uncompromising, and uninhibited. If you want restrained glamorousness, go listen to Lana Del Rey. Just because you’re in your 30’s doesn’t mean you become an unhip square.

The entire reason why I fell in love with Lady Gaga in the first place is because she was so rebellious and transgressive. Everything from her music, to her lyrics, to her interviews, to her outfits, to her concerts, to her music videos, to her relationship with her fans was so unlike any other pop star and still is when we compare classic Gaga to today’s pop stars. No one has ever bothered trying to take her place now that she has left the avant-garde electronic pop singer behind. She was such a forward thinking person, it was refreshing. I need that back.

jasperhallo
38 minutes ago, Felixorfelicia said:

Then what was it that attracted you to her? Cause that’s literally what she’s all about 

The music. 

AJRocketMan
3 hours ago, Lord Temptation said:

Actually current teens (those born in the early to mid 2000s) love Gaga because they have only known her from Joanne and ASIB.

It’s the 90s babies (those born in the early to late 90s who are currently in their 20s - think Miley and Ariana’s age group) who were the first to drop Gaga. 

I find that Gaga’s core fans right now either really young (under 15) or really mature (30 and over - including me!)

I strongly disagree. The ‘90s babies make up the majority of her core fanbase and were the ones that stuck around. Of course there are plenty of people that fall out of that demographic, but you can expect the majority of Little Monsters to be people who were born in the 1990’s.

2 hours ago, tomsches said:

Ok so "gay people stan Ariana"? No, I am gay and I hate her music with a passion. And last time I checked, like 80% of Gaga's fanbase is still gay. So yay for generalising. 

Okay, I wouldn’t go that far. Anecdotally speaking I find that Little Monsters tend to be an even split between straight women and gay men (pair up the bisexuals of each gender those two as well) and are generally young. The casual fan base is more diverse than that though.

1 hour ago, Gaga4stef said:

She is evolving, as most artists do and should. It's part of growing up, growing old, and just plain growing. I'm an older fan and loved her Grammy performance. I know lots of fans from ASIB won't understand or care for Crazyga. I don't want full on Crazyga either. Never did. She doesn't need those stupid gimmicks anymore anyway. Let us see the beautiful woman behind all that. Doesn't mean she can't still be innovative and risky. I think of Cher. She took risks with her look and fashion most if not all of her career and it didn't hurt her popularity at all. In fact her "crazy" fashion probably helped her popularity.

Lmao then why are you here? Classic Gaga changed the world. She ruled it! She made being LGBT acceptable, she made electronic music cool, she made self-disclosure more socially acceptable, she made self-expression mainstream, and she made talking about rape and drug addiction a thing when nobody else in pop music was doing it. She is the most influential celebrity of the 21st century, and classic Gaga/CrazyGa is how people will remember her!

edgeofglory1
1 hour ago, Bigmac1162 said:

Man I don't remember last year's Grammys.  What did she sing?

Excatly. Not sure if you are joking or not, but if not then youp roved my point. Nobody remembers that perfomrance. Jsut like no one will remember Kacey Musgraves performance. Gaga alwasy did MORE than the statust quo. And her Grammy performance was everything she is known for.

JohnnyVersace
8 hours ago, monster78619 said:

The performance wasn’t really “crazy for me”, but just a bit weird as in weird gestures that didn’t seem to fit what was going on, like at the beginning before she sings and she’s using aggressive hand gestures to the beat :laughga: so many people were like “wtf is Gaga doing” 

This - and I think gp agrees. She wasn't "crazy", she was just kind of...off. Like people thought she was drugged out or something. 

Tbh if she delivered well thought out, avant-garde, "crazy" performances like the below, I think gp would be very here for it. 

JustHMLover
7 hours ago, AlexanderMagno said:

You’re being optimistic. Her work is nice, but that’s it. Nice. Her last really interesting work is from “I’m Not Dead” in 2006.

I actually love Funhouse from 2008. Sober and Funhouse are one of her strongest singles ever in my opinion. The Truth About Love has it's cute moments but nothing with "I'm Not Dead" factor.

Tom Nook
1 hour ago, Bigmac1162 said:

Man I don't remember last year's Grammys.  What did she sing?

It was Joanne and Million Reasons :emma:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

Archived