What Went Wrong with the Award's Campaign for "A Star Is Born"

WildAmerican

Featured Posts

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nodandsmile
1 hour ago, PunkTheFunk said:

It peaked way too soon. I think had it been released in November or December we would be in a much different position.

If it was released that late, it maybe would have made less money than it did. Because it would be closer to BR which would have totally overshadowed it. The competition was tough around that time with all those family movies. And tbh it'd rahter it be a commercial success than an awards darling. Your movies making money, that's what will get you more offers!

GagaUnderYou
1 hour ago, PunkTheFunk said:

It peaked way too soon. I think had it been released in November or December we would be in a much different position.

The wait was killer already being in October. 

Judas Society
1 hour ago, KleinGa said:

I agree but unfortunately, the voters usually vote on their preferences. I read in other places that some voters are turned off my the 'stans' who support the movie and generally are not taking the movie seriously because of that..... 

Its a mess

Throughout Gaga's career, stans have made it difficult for non-stans to appreciate Gaga. But I don't know why it seems like only Gaga is affected. The Hives are equally if not more annoying but Bey is revered like she's perfect by the media. 

Nothing went wrong, the competition is pretty tough this year in every category.. it's not even sure that Disney-Pixar will grab the best animation once again, it got to this point..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Diamond heart99

The Academy is filled with garbage people.

Remember, none of them watched 12 Years a Slave but voted for it out of (white) guilt.

Awards are wonderful, and wish they would show everyone up and sweep them.

However the movie already won. What matters at the end of the day in the feature business is making “the man” money, and they did that. 

I’m blonde, I’m skinny, I’m rich and I’m a little bit of a bitch

To be fair, somebody mentioned that The Hollywood Reporter does this every year, and gets the most sensationalized "Oscar secrets" to generate drama and hype and clicks.

3 points in and ready for more

Also, since this article was making waves a few days ago, maybe it changed a lot of voters' minds last minute to the favor of ASIB and Gaga LOL

3 points in and ready for more

KatieJudasGaga4
2 hours ago, Gracious Gaga said:

What went wrong was that it wasn’t the best movie of the season 

:triggered:

Slovakialop
4 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

No, becouse It would have been even more overshadowed by Bohemian Rhapsody. Releasing it on October 5th, have gave to ASIB the opportunity to shine without competence.

Bradley

If anything I think the Golden Globes killed A Star Is Born, Bohemian Rhapsody over A Star Is Born? Really?

Also Rami Malek and Glenn Close over Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga, it quickly set the tone for the SAG, Critics' Choice, BAFTA and now the Oscars that 'these are the winners we want for this year!'

I don't really think that the memes or release date play as much of a factor as the Golden Globes do.

I was worried about A Star Is Born not getting many Oscar nominations after the constant snubs by the GG, SAG and Critics' Choice, but thankfully it got 8 including two for Gaga.

ASIB doesn't have a liberal political issue its pushing which is something all the rest of the nominated movies have. That's a big reason why I dont think its doing well with awards and was never going to be able to win the Oscar. That's just the way it is these days, the Oscars have become politicised.

FinnishGypsy
21 minutes ago, Kitsch said:

If anything I think the Golden Globes killed A Star Is Born, Bohemian Rhapsody over A Star Is Born? Really?

I agree. BR was the lowest-rated movie to win Best Picture in 33 years. It’s a joke.

But if ASIB wins multiple Oscars then this article is null and void as people only care about the Oscars when all is said and done...

Archived