đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Nicki Minaj shades Gaga

Bobbins

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Vegas said:

Gaga is telling that Madonna is a great artist but that she (Gaga) has earned her place in this industry with her own effort, and that she won’t allow no one undermining her success by cheap comparisons no more. 

It’s clearer than water. Gaga is/was a Madonna stan. She’s not shading Madonna, she knows she is talented.  

Oh okay that actually makes sense too lol, thanks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Inferno
17 hours ago, SKANK said:

It's a critic of the media, not of Gaga.

Its a misinformed critique of media. This is the second time (even if indirectly here) that Nicki in some way drags Gaga into the argument to defend herself, as she did when receiving backlash for dating an abuser and then out of the blue saying Gaga received no backlash for working with R Kelly, when in fact she did. You can say, well clearly it didnt affect her shes winning awards etc. But all of Nickis actions don't actually affect her either considering shes one of the top streaming artists and is usually topping charts anyway. Just because this is the first era where its not really working out for her suddenly she has a lot to say about everyone else. Thats not a coincidence. And again here, plenty of people label Gaga bitter, petty, pathetic, etc within the whole Madonna comparison arena. So its kind of a diversion Nicki Minaj uses to get people to hop off her d*ck when shes acting like a piece of sh*t, shes like "look at this white girl though!" because its easy to get people to just be like oh yeah f*ck lady gaga. Its just.....idk.

The conversation of yt/light skinned people benefiting from it within the industry is a valid discussion. BUT Nicki somewhat consistently centering diversions around Lady Gaga is not only weird to me but again proves how anti-female Nicki Minaj can be. She loves to drag other women using media to build herself up. And I kind of wish people would just acknowledge how transparent these things she tries to do are instead of giving into this fake woke conversation shes allegedly trying to start using Gaga as a scapegoat, once again. Its calculated. Idk what behind the scenes nonsense Nicki Minaj has against Lady Gaga, maybe at the height of her fame Gaga iced her out or dissed her and now Nicki lowkey throws in wrenches when she can idk. But the only thing thats obvious is that it has nothing to actually do with anything socially political and is entirely self-serving.

4 hours ago, Inferno said:

Its a misinformed critique of media. This is the second time (even if indirectly here) that Nicki in some way drags Gaga into the argument to defend herself, as she did when receiving backlash for dating an abuser and then out of the blue saying Gaga received no backlash for working with R Kelly, when in fact she did. You can say, well clearly it didnt affect her shes winning awards etc. But all of Nickis actions don't actually affect her either considering shes one of the top streaming artists and is usually topping charts anyway. Just because this is the first era where its not really working out for her suddenly she has a lot to say about everyone else. Thats not a coincidence. And again here, plenty of people label Gaga bitter, petty, pathetic, etc within the whole Madonna comparison arena. So its kind of a diversion Nicki Minaj uses to get people to hop off her d*ck when shes acting like a piece of sh*t, shes like "look at this white girl though!" because its easy to get people to just be like oh yeah f*ck lady gaga. Its just.....idk.

The conversation of yt/light skinned people benefiting from it within the industry is a valid discussion. BUT Nicki somewhat consistently centering diversions around Lady Gaga is not only weird to me but again proves how anti-female Nicki Minaj can be. She loves to drag other women using media to build herself up. And I kind of wish people would just acknowledge how transparent these things she tries to do are instead of giving into this fake woke conversation shes allegedly trying to start using Gaga as a scapegoat, once again. Its calculated. Idk what behind the scenes nonsense Nicki Minaj has against Lady Gaga, maybe at the height of her fame Gaga iced her out or dissed her and now Nicki lowkey throws in wrenches when she can idk. But the only thing thats obvious is that it has nothing to actually do with anything socially political and is entirely self-serving.

Her bringing Gaga into the conversation may be whataboutism, deflection, or a false equvilancy, but it's not shade. Which was my only point.

Inferno
3 minutes ago, SKANK said:

Her bringing Gaga into the conversation may be whataboutism, deflection, or a false equvilancy, but it's not shade. Which was my only point.

It is shade though, her continual use of Lady Gaga as a scapegoat when there are a myriad of female artists, white female artists, that she could immediately reference is calculated. It serves a purpose. I don't think its mutually exclusive, I think its both deflection and shade. Who knows exactly as to why, none of us would.

1 minute ago, Inferno said:

It is shade though, her continual use of Lady Gaga as a scapegoat when there are a myriad of female artists, white female artists, that she could immediately reference is calculated. It serves a purpose. I don't think its mutually exclusive, I think its both deflection and shade. Who knows exactly as to why, none of us would.

Shade is a slang term, so its definition is loose. But by all definitions shade requires wit, shade is often masked as a compliment. Shade is not just an insult or a negative insinuation.

It is not "shady" to suggest one person is being treated different than another based on their skin color. It's not "shady" for Nicki to regularly compare herself to Gaga - as they are peers.

Nicki and Gaga are both capable of throwing shade. This tweet is not an example of that.

You are welcome to disagree, but that is all I have to say about it. :)

Inferno
9 minutes ago, SKANK said:

Shade is a slang term, so its definition is loose. But by all definitions shade requires wit, shade is often masked as a compliment. Shade is not just an insult or a negative insinuation.

It is not "shady" to suggest one person is being treated different than another based on their skin color. It's not "shady" for Nicki to regularly compare herself to Gaga - as they are peers.

Nicki and Gaga are both capable of throwing shade. This tweet is not an example of that.

You are welcome to disagree, but that is all I have to say about it. :)

Oh the pretension jumped out. Yes by technical definition it is not "shade". It is however, shade in the common incorrect usage within stan culture pertaining specifically to negative words being spoken to throw someone under the bus, etc. You know this. We all know this. Put the dictionary back on the shelf homie.

Nicki specifically throwing Gagas name into the mix is a calculated move to tarnish her image while simultaneously deflecting from whatever negative reactions she is receiving and hopefully gaining sympathy points. It is not her innocently and understandably comparing herself to her peer. If calling attention to racial injustice is her intent, she could do so without dragging Gaga in the mud in the process. But shes consistently done so for a reason. Not sure why you can't at least admit to that.

lilmunzter

Nicki fans are getting tired of the feud with cardi so they gonna drag Gaga in and for what? Another diss track ? Nicki fans are too dramatic. 

Archived