Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Avril Lavigne - Head Above Water

dynamite

Featured Posts

ShockPop

Still waiting for her to feature on a europop style track. Enough with the cheerleader sound on uptempo tracks.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Bad Kids said:

Any recommendations on which to hear please?

It Was In Me

Birdie

Warrior

I fell In Love With The Devil

Bad Kids
9 minutes ago, Deagan said:

It Was In Me

Birdie

Warrior

I fell In Love With The Devil

Ns1d.gif

thank you!

And when you say my name, like white horses on the waves, I think it feels the same, as an ocean in my veins.

RochestrMonstr

I love it! I love her ballad-driven albums like this more than her upbeat ones.

Souvenir, It Was In Me, Warrior, and Crush are my favorites!

ChromaticRaccoon

I'm in love with this album 😍😍 

Not a single song I don't love, got it on repeat 😍

So many beautiful ballads, every song is so deep and meaningful, and along with her vocals, giving me all the feels! 

TheFamousLM

I really like I Fell In Love With The Devil and It Was In Me. Other than that I'm not really convinced by this album. 

The lead single was also nice. 

Anderson123

I'm on my second listen today and really like it more and more. The only thing I can't stand is the tacky cover she used for the album so I had to change it to the one she used for the lead single. The first 4 songs + It Was In Me are really good, the second half of the album is a little weak in my opinion, especially Goddess but still, doesn't drag for too long and I appreciate that, 40 min album. So far my top 3 albums are Under My Skin, Let Go and Goodbye Lullaby and don't see it changing with this one.

Avril_Lavigne_Head_Above_Water.png

WORLDofGAGA

I’m liking the album more and more, birdie is one of my faves,  not sure if it’s as good as her previous album, too early to tell, loved her last! 

@W0RLDofGAGA

dynamite

I've listened to it a few times now and I have to admit that while most songs are good with a few great ones, it's not very hard-hitting to me. It's a bit samey. I really love poprock though so I'm missing that edge. I get why she chose this style though given her illness etc but after 5 years... 

And Dumb Blonde doesn't fit on it at all.

I love it. It’s definitely the more mature side of her which I’ve been waiting for since 2007 to be honest. Goodbye Lullaby had some bangers but I do think it suffered the 4th album curse to some degree, and the 5th album was just OK, but not as good as this.

Her voice really shines and I feel every emotion she’s having. The world better not sleep on this.

StrawberryBlond

I love it, easily her best album to date and her most mature. I think Tell Me It's Over is the best, it reminds me a lot of Rihanna's Love On The Brain, and her different sound from her. Judging by the snippet, I thought I'd hate Goddess but actually, it turned out to be one of my favourite tracks and that pyjamas/bananas line is just the lone lyric that's odd and it was obvious it was meant to be funny and the rest of it is so sweet. So many of you don't like Dumb Blonde but I love it, very retro 80's and like a grown-up Girlfriend with really great lyrics. Is she singing about Chad for the first half of the album? He was the only guy she was with up until recently and she divorced him a few years ago. Judging by these lyrics, it sounds like he was really awful to her. You can tell how happy she is with her new guy on these later songs, she sounds so genuine. I love how cohesive it is and it all tells a story. She starts off with her lyme disease diagnosis (Head Above Water) and a bad relationship (I Fell In Love With The Devil), works through it (Tell Me It's Over) and finds strength (It Was In Me), meets a new man who makes her feel amazing (Goddess) and ends up feeling better than she's ever been (Warrior). The only songs I didn't like were Bigger Wow and Love Me Insane which is ironic as I thought they would be some of the best judging by the titles but they're small flies in the ointment.

It's growing on me more and more and I just wish the reviews were better. It'll probably slip under the radar again but at least her fans have finally got new music and she's grown in these years she's been away, when a lot of people had given up all hope of her ever making a good album again. But I can honestly say she's never made a bad album and it's not often an artist who's been around this long can make a good body of work this much into their career.

misunderstood

Favorites:

- Head Above Water
- Birdie
- I Fell In Love with the Devil
- Dumb Blonde
- It Was In Me

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

Anderson123
13 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I love it, easily her best album to date and her most mature. I think Tell Me It's Over is the best, it reminds me a lot of Rihanna's Love On The Brain, and her different sound from her. Judging by the snippet, I thought I'd hate Goddess but actually, it turned out to be one of my favourite tracks and that pyjamas/bananas line is just the lone lyric that's odd and it was obvious it was meant to be funny and the rest of it is so sweet. So many of you don't like Dumb Blonde but I love it, very retro 80's and like a grown-up Girlfriend with really great lyrics. Is she singing about Chad for the first half of the album? He was the only guy she was with up until recently and she divorced him a few years ago. Judging by these lyrics, it sounds like he was really awful to her. You can tell how happy she is with her new guy on these later songs, she sounds so genuine. I love how cohesive it is and it all tells a story. She starts off with her lyme disease diagnosis (Head Above Water) and a bad relationship (I Fell In Love With The Devil), works through it (Tell Me It's Over) and finds strength (It Was In Me), meets a new man who makes her feel amazing (Goddess) and ends up feeling better than she's ever been (Warrior). The only songs I didn't like were Bigger Wow and Love Me Insane which is ironic as I thought they would be some of the best judging by the titles but they're small flies in the ointment.

It's growing on me more and more and I just wish the reviews were better. It'll probably slip under the radar again but at least her fans have finally got new music and she's grown in these years she's been away, when a lot of people had given up all hope of her ever making a good album again. But I can honestly say she's never made a bad album and it's not often an artist who's been around this long can make a good body of work this much into their career.

I never really thought about it telling a story but you're right! I can't believe I missed that. It is her most mature work in my opinion since Under My Skin and it's understandable after what she went through. I honestly had no expectations because she took so long to release it so I thought it was missing something but it's okay, I also wish it got more attention because she deserves it, it's been a while.

I did an album reaction/review if anyone’s interested! Legit cried at one point. I would appreciate it if you could comment or share! xx

Archived