Jump to content
Stefani Tee
opinion

Grammy performance was amazing SIT DOWN

Featured Posts

2School4Cool

I don’t think it’s fair to say that people who don’t love the performance are basic or don’t get RockGa. This is one of maybe two or three performances of hers I didn’t love over the past 10 years. Some people just didn’t love it, and that’s ok, we can all have our respectful opinions. I adore gaga, I adore the song, I adore her looks and her vocals, this performance just wasn’t my personal cup of tea. I love RockGa, I just personally don’t think it was nescessary here, but I’m glad for all those who loved it and I am so immensely proud of Gaga for the amazing night she had and so truly deserved.

Edited by ILoveGypsyLife
I feel invincible with my headphones on...
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jakkusan

B*tches complain when Gaga is too "stripped-back" and then complain when she's too "over-the-top". When it comes to Gaga, she is always unexpected in her approach and a lot of basics can't deal with that.

I was looking on Facebook earlier for videos of her performance and comments popped up with new (Joanne/ASIB) stans complaining that she sold out with this performance and was too "pop". What the actual f*ck?!

The Grammys performance was wild and fun, whilst still sticking true to the spirit of the song. I loved it. To this day, people fail t understand that Gaga just does whatever the Hell she wants. She can be stripped-back if she feels like it, but being theatrical and "Gaga" is also a very real side of her.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jakkusan
15 minutes ago, ILoveGypsyLife said:

I don’t think it’s fair to say that people who don’t love the performance are basic or don’t get RockGa. This is one of maybe two or three performances of hers I didn’t love over the past 10 years. Some people just didn’t love it, and that’s ok, we can all have our respectful opinions. I adore gaga, I adore the song, I adore her looks and her vocals, this performance just wasn’t my personal cup of tea. I love RockGa, I just personally don’t think it was nescessary here, but I’m glad for all those who loved it and I am so immensely proud of Gaga for the amazing night she had and so truly deserved.

YES.

  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
LordEnigma

It was cringe and didn’t fit the shallow vibe. Also, it hindered some of her vocals.

  • Sad 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glamourpuss
7 minutes ago, Jakkusan said:

B*tches complain when Gaga is too "stripped-back" and then complain when she's too "over-the-top". When it comes to Gaga, she is always unexpected in her approach and a lot of basics can't deal with that.

I was looking on Facebook earlier for videos of her performance and comments popped up with new (Joanne/ASIB) stans complaining that she sold out with this performance and was too "pop". What the actual f*ck?!

The Grammys performance was wild and fun, whilst still sticking true to the spirit of the song. I loved it. To this day, people fail t understand that Gaga just does whatever the Hell she wants. She can be stripped-back if she feels like it, but being theatrical and "Gaga" is also a very real side of her.

My dislike of the performance has nothing to do with whether she was stripped back or ott. It's no surprise to me when she's on real Gaga form so it's sort of insulting when other fans talk down to you as though you don't know Gaga enough to know what to expect. She delivered what I expected but I think the problems were with the execution. If it came out that it was never rehearsed and was all made up on the spot I'd believe it. 

Serial liker

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
2School4Cool
1 minute ago, Glamourpuss said:

My dislike of the performance has nothing to do with whether she was stripped back or ott. It's no surprise to me when she's on real Gaga form so it's sort of insulting when other fans talk down to you as though you don't know Gaga enough to know what to expect. She delivered what I expected but I think the problems were with the execution. If it came out that it was never rehearsed and was all made up on the spot I'd believe it. 

I get what you’re saying, a lot of people are saying that if you didn’t like it you don’t understand Gaga and that couldn’t be further from the truth. Just because some fans didn’t love it doesn’t mean they don’t get Gaga. I am one of her strongest supporters and am always defending her, and always will be, this performance just wasn’t my cup of tea. We all need to respect each other’s opinions and agree to disagree.

I feel invincible with my headphones on...
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Adakam
1 hour ago, hausofcy said:

Just ignore the negativity since it might spoil your own experience and opinion of the performance. Watch all the complainers backtrack tomorrow when people will praise it. Might I remind you of the day shallow got released vs the day it went top 5 on BB

Yeah, the forum was filled with "SHALLOW PRODUCTION SUCKS, HOW DARE SHE USE CROWD SCREAMS, THIS WILL DESTROY THE MOVIE"

Now apparently everybody loves it...

I mean, ppl are saying that she acted too weird. (When theyve been asking for WeirdGa to come back since like 2013)

Anyway, anything RockGa does, I adore, so it was great.

Edited by Adakam
  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
LilyLark
6 minutes ago, ILoveGypsyLife said:

I get what you’re saying, a lot of people are saying that if you didn’t like it you don’t understand Gaga and that couldn’t be further from the truth. Just because some fans didn’t love it doesn’t mean they don’t get Gaga. I am one of her strongest supporters and am always defending her, and always will be, this performance just wasn’t my cup of tea. We all need to respect each other’s opinions and agree to disagree.

I kind of get the people who didn't like the vibe or thought the performance didn't mesh with the song entirely. I felt that way a bit. But some of the fans were way ott with the negativity like "she must be cracked out" or this or that—when it was just an old school Gaga performance that didn't entirely mesh with the song imo. And it's kind of annoying cause fans who retweet thousands of times drug jokes—you know that's going to be picked up on by those bullshit blind item websites. And then there were some ASIB stans that were obviously not familiar with Gaga and were expecting "Ally."

Like Ira Madison summed it up that his TL was half Gaga slayed, half Gaga wyd. That reaction I get, and seemed to be the GP reaction. Actually, I think her words on mental health got more press than her performance. I think people are just reacting to the fans who went overboard with the negativity or the vocal minority (twitter often amplifies opinions, even ones that aren't shared by most others) and the people insisting she must be doing coke again even though she seemed fine backstage, in 99% of her interviews besides that weird moment with Ryan, and in her speech.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
wahkeenasitka

I mean, there are hundreds, if not thousands, of Gaga performances that I love more than this performance. 

I give it an A+ for outfit, and overall rocker vibes. 

But she's done so many other performances that are so much more amazing than this, so it almost seems just kind of whatever. 

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
hoeslay

i cried. it was Gaga being at her very best. in my opinion it was the PERFECT way to do Shallow in a way that's bringing us back to a crazier side of Gaga, and leaving room for the Oscars performance to be the expected ballad version - and even then I imagine SOMETHING is gonna be unique about the Oscars performance as well. THIS IS WHAT A GRAMMYS PERFORMANCE SHOULD BEEEEEE

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
2School4Cool
13 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

I kind of get the people who didn't like the vibe or thought the performance didn't mesh with the song entirely. I felt that way a bit. But some of the fans were way ott with the negativity like "she must be cracked out" or this or that—when it was just an old school Gaga performance that didn't entirely mesh with the song imo. And it's kind of annoying cause fans who retweet thousands of times drug jokes—you know that's going to be picked up on by those bullshit blind item websites. And then there were some ASIB stans that were obviously not familiar with Gaga and were expecting "Ally."

Like Ira Madison summed it up that his TL was half Gaga slayed, half Gaga wyd. That reaction I get, and seemed to be the GP reaction. Actually, I think her words on mental health got more press than her performance. I think people are just reacting to the fans who went overboard with the negativity or the vocal minority (twitter often amplifies opinions, even ones that aren't shared by most others) and the people insisting she must be doing coke again even though she seemed fine backstage, in 99% of her interviews besides that weird moment with Ryan, and in her speech.

Yeah, I get what you’re saying. There’s a difference in just not thinking the performance and song meshed and going over the top with negativity.

Edit: I’m also glad to hear her words on a mental health are getting recognition. I love how much she stands up for those suffering from mental illness.

Edited by ILoveGypsyLife
I feel invincible with my headphones on...
  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bradley
4 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

It was definitely a performance

The sequel to:

"It was definitely a piece." - PunkTheFunk on Liberation, the album. :huntyga:

  • LMAO 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
NIGHTCRAWLER

why is nobody talking about the outfit and the hair ?????? the look slays like hell

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...