Jewels n Drugs

Butterfly - Mariah Carey. Full of ballads and amazing lyricism 

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Davian
On 2/5/2019 at 8:43 PM, Taide said:

Okay guys y'all have to get into Rihanna's discography. I mean she has this weird single artist reputation but her albums actually slay as a whole. My recent favorite:

YES her first two albums are so fun to listen to!! I both have them as a physical copy

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

Davian
20 hours ago, Jewels n Drugs said:

Butterfly - Mariah Carey. Full of ballads and amazing lyricism 

One of the first albums by Mariah I listened to, after Caution! I love it:kara:

Davian
On 2/5/2019 at 8:52 PM, nightadieu said:

If you like good old Kesha stuff you should definitely listen to Guilty Pleasure by Ashley Tisdale 

Yesterday I listened to it. I liked the overall sound of it (indeed very old Kesha-ish!) but it doesn’t have much replay value for me. The production didn’t age well IMO:oops:

Davian

@fabskt @Phoebe Buffay thanks for recommending Janet Jackson!!:firega: So far I listened to The Velvet Rope and Control. So many high quality songs and love her voice:tony: Her sound reminds me a bit of Hair Body Face:golfclap:

Also, Made For Now is my jam now:music:

Davian
On 2/5/2019 at 12:24 AM, huttont said:

Look up Delta Goodrem. She is a talented vocalist. I particularly like her albums Child of the Universe and Wings of the Wild. 

Thank you for reintroducing me to Delta Goodrem:giveup: I listened to Wings of the Wild and then I remembered listening to her song Wings on repeat after she got recommended on YouTube. Loved the album! ‘Everybody is looking for a new horizon’:music:

A Hybrid
On 2/5/2019 at 3:35 AM, Alan123 said:

Sia - 1000 Forms of Fear

Sia - This Is Acting (A little bit of everything in here, ballads, power songs)

I second sia

No family’s safe when I sashay

huttont
2 hours ago, Davian said:

Thank you for reintroducing me to Delta Goodrem:giveup: I listened to Wings of the Wild and then I remembered listening to her song Wings on repeat after she got recommended on YouTube. Loved the album! ‘Everybody is looking for a new horizon’:music:

You’re welcome! Honestly, one of her best songs. I just found out she released a soundtrack album in 2018 called “I Honestly Love You.” Gonna give that a listen soon

IAmNotHere1997

Albums that are electronic, full of energy and pop at the same time:
Kylie Minogue - X
Charli XCX - Pop 2
Alexandra Stan - Unlocked (a lot of techno songs too)

Funky, jazzy throwback albums:
Kelly Clarkson - Meaning of Lie → it's not actually funky and jazz, but it really gives me an old-school vibe and has tons of soul r&b influences

Countrypop albums:
Kylie Mingoue - Golden
Taylor Swift - Red
Taylow Swift - Speak Now
Shania Twain - Up!

• 2 weeks later...
Davian
On 2/5/2019 at 12:08 AM, T Swizzle said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRf_50k2J_Ojidjtqc91zq

This is an amazing pop album similar to 1989 and emotion. It's v underrated 

I just listened to it and I was pleasantly surprised! Idk why but I didn't expect much because I normally don't like actors starting a singing career (gotta stop with prejudice:messga:). But anyways, I actually enjoyed the album. 
My favourites were: Sparks, Lies and Stay In Love.:vegas:

Also speaking of 1989, I gave it a second listen after not really liking the album and it was so much better after the second listen! The first experience with a Taylor album was reputation (which I love), so I had to used to the style on 1989 and Red. 

Pop Music
6 minutes ago, Davian said:

My favourites were: Sparks, Lies and Stay In Love.:vegas:

same. I also love my king and night like this

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Davian
On 2/5/2019 at 12:13 AM, River said:

Sugababes - Angels With Dirty Face / Three

Girls Aloud - Sound Of The Underground / Tangled Up

Spice Girls albums OF COURSE

So I listened to some of these girl group albums, but I wasn't a fan tbh. I think I'm not into girlband music:oops: Although the Spice Girls are definitely iconic, just not for me.

Pussycat Dolls - PCD / Doll Domination

So after realising I don't really like girlbands, I still decides to listen to TPCD. And man I was blown away:nooo: Idk why but I loved so many songs from their first album! 
My favourites are: Don't Cha, Beep, Wait a Minute, Buttons and I Don't Need a Man:tony:
I didn't enjoy the second album as much but When I Grow Up is really fun to listen to.

I really suggest you to listen to Timabland - Shock Value

It was a crazy album and the highest peak of Timbaland

Thanks to you I finally know the man behind some of my favourite JT songs and 4 Minutes:tony: His productions are really cool and he and JT make incredible work.
My favourites are: Release, The Way I Are and Bounce

J.Lo - On The 6 

The album that made me reunite with Let's Get Loud:firega: Loved that song back in the day but never knew who's it was. The album itself was really solid and I had a lot of favourites.
If You Had My Love, Let's Get Loud, No Me Ames, Waiting for Tonight and It's Not That Serious:golfclap:

1 minute ago, Davian said:

So I listened to some of these girl group albums, but I wasn't a fan tbh. I think I'm not into girlband music:oops: Although the Spice Girls are definitely iconic, just not for me.

So after realising I don't really like girlbands, I still decides to listen to TPCD. And man I was blown away:nooo: Idk why but I loved so many songs from their first album! 
My favourites are: Don't Cha, Beep, Wait a Minute, Buttons and I Don't Need a Man:tony:
I didn't enjoy the second album as much but When I Grow Up is really fun to listen to.

Thanks to you I finally know the man behind some of my favourite JT songs and 4 Minutes:tony: His productions are really cool and he and JT make incredible work.
My favourites are: Release, The Way I Are and Bounce

The album that made me reunite with Let's Get Loud:firega: Loved that song back in the day but never knew who's it was. The album itself was really solid and I had a lot of favourites.
If You Had My Love, Let's Get Loud, No Me Ames, Waiting for Tonight and It's Not That Serious:golfclap:

I'm so happy that you liked them! I can understand about the British girl groups, they have a different kind of pop, kinda between commercial and experimental (especially Girls Aloud), I guess it's also the right time and right place, the buzz around them was huge but now it faded away.

Yes! the first album of PCD is amazing, the 2nd still is but has too many fillers.

Timbaland was also the main producer of Missy Elliott, if you like female hip hop and rap, give a chance to Missy's albums.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Davian

Natalia Kills - Perfection and Trouble are full of bops 

Listened to both and I really liked them! Especially Perfection:tony: Trouble has less replay value for me but I enjoyed it.
My favourites from both combined: Wonderland, Love Is a Suicide, Mirrors and Problem

Allie X - CollXtion II, Super Sunset

Loved these! I remember that I tried to listen to her music a few months ago but I didn't like it that much. But this time I listened start to finish and it was so good! I still need to listen to CollXtion 1 tho.
I loved these from the two albums: Paper Love, Vintage, Casanova, Little Things and Girl of the Year. 

The Veronicas - Hook Me Up

I never heard of them before but was shocked to hear the first track. It gave me so much nostalgia because of course I knew Untouched! I just never knew the artists. 
I obviously liked Untouched, and Hook Me Up was another track that stood me by:music:

Archived