💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Gaga’s Contract with Interscope

Guest ARTPOPSlays

Featured Posts

Phoebe Buffay

i wish she would leave them and sign for republic or capitol. idk better labels, the payola that they have, the sneakiness that they have, the money that they have, the talent that they have... :diane:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Epione

After seeing how much they invested in Joanne music videos, which lead single they chose, I wouldn’t sign with them again even they would give me a full farm of Arabellas. Unless they gave her really really good renegotiated deal, she should have ditched this label.

Schizophonic
2 hours ago, Epione said:

If Gaga quits Interscope, that means we get rid of her Bobby? :creepflop:

what is wrong with bobby? he is propably the best thing that happened to her.

i also think interscope is a good label for her but they should give her more creative freedom.

3 hours ago, NewUsername said:

kinda tasteless tbh, but go off I guess...

Keep livin' in the PC world :ally:

SharkmanthaC
3 hours ago, andy232000 said:

He probably is just an independent worker. Agents and managers usually work under bigger coorporations or are just a separated entity. They act like the bridge bewteen the artist and record lable and other executives. They get paid 10% of all projects as well 

Bobby's share of the money Gaga brought him in one month of 2018.

giphy.gif

she/her/hers

ProdigyARTPOP

The original contact with Interscope was for 5 albums, 

Joanne was the last album before they renegotiated. She would never leave Interscope, they’ve nurtured and stood by her career through everything plus she has more creative control through them than through any other label.

Beyond that, one of the key factors in her negotiation with them is that she has more free will in terms of promotion and A&R.

So if she’s not promoting, it’s because she’s choosing not too.

Also one of the other major changes in the contract was that before she was receiving very little to no royalties for her streams and now after Joanne she is. So with ASIB & The Cure she made a lot more streaming royalties.

I'm curious about what entails the contract renewal. I don't doubt that she has been given much more freedom, considering her relationship with the label being kind of (possibly) iffy from 2013-2014, compared to now where she has much more breath and breadth.

19 minutes ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

Also one of the other major changes in the contract was that before she was receiving very little to no royalties for her streams and now after Joanne she is. So with ASIB & The Cure she made a lot more streaming royalties.

I've heard this, too. I think that's why her team's overall presence and effort towards Spotify increased after 2017.

3 points in and ready for more

4 hours ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

She signed for 5 albums.

gagacontract.jpg

Here are two pages of her contract.

'Lady GaGa'

Looks like 'Lady Gaga' is under no formal obligations, then :trollga: She can pull a Prince and become 'The Gaga Formerly Known as GaGa'.

TimisaMonster

She signed for 5 albums.

gagacontract.jpg

May 30 2007?

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

MaryJaneHolland
13 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

May 30 2007?

Probably the day she got signed to Interscope.

Andrea B
4 hours ago, fabskt said:

what does the underlined portion mean I can't understand it lol can someone explain please :ohno:

Something about Gaga not getting royalties of her music or smth :air: It's discussed here:

that's her old contract. As far as I know, she renewed it in early 2017 and now she's getting her coins from streaming platforms, that's why she's been getting Spotify promo since the cure. 

Loyalty
5 hours ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

She signed for 5 albums.

gagacontract.jpg

This is from 2007.

ProdigyARTPOP
2 hours ago, Miel said:

I'm curious about what entails the contract renewal. I don't doubt that she has been given much more freedom, considering her relationship with the label being kind of (possibly) iffy from 2013-2014, compared to now where she has much more breath and breadth.

I've heard this, too. I think that's why her team's overall presence and effort towards Spotify increased after 2017.

The contract renewal is for another five albums, it entails basically that she has a final say in any deals, endorsements, and or sponsorships. She has more say in terms of A&R and promotion, where she wants to promote and what she wants to promote and what she doesn’t want too, she also has more creative liberty, this also has to do with John Janick, the new head of Interscope completely believing in her and knowing that whatever she does will ultimately be profitable. 

Basically, in their eyes, she’s an established act, who isn’t going anywhere and who’s cemented herself into the culture.

• FATCAT locked this topic

Archived