đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Most disappointing snub of Oscar noms

Mirages

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

I mean, his acting IS good so its not all in the thought of “im just giving you the award because its overdue” at least!  But if he wins, it will look like they snubbed him out of the directir category to give him more chances as an Actor

Yeah he's good...but Gaga did outshine him in some of the scenes - although I think he purposely wanted that to happen! Even down to crediting her name first. She really is the star.

And yes exactly, if he wins it's almost... obvious of them? Like, hey Bradley just calm down you're an actor, not a director, don't get ahead of yourself. :interestinga:

He really would have appreciated a Director nod and he deserved it. Purely for the heart and soul he put into being a director.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mister Gaga
44 minutes ago, highlikegaga said:

i think the film is kinda like ASIB

Did you see it?

Its superior in every way. The film might have some narrative elements similar to ASIB, but overall, is very different

Mirages
46 minutes ago, THATFoxyFeeling said:

The biggest snub is Toni Collette tbh. I’m so happy for Gaga, Bradley and Sam though. :applause: 

No it's not she barely hit any precursors and awards are about campaign and popularity and then about the quality of the performance so I wasn't even expecting her to be nominated, but she was great and I'd rather see her nominated in place of Yalitza or Melissa. 

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Mirages
30 minutes ago, MEM said:

So true. Maybe this is all set up so he can actually win his first Oscar. Although it would kind of suck because it means that he'll win for the sake of it - being snubbed for Silver Linings, American Sniper etc - and not actually for Jackson Maine. Kind of like how we waited years for Leonardo DiCaprio to get the Oscar so they finally said okay why not.

That's the same way it'll go with Glenn if she wins and her whole campaign is based on this idea that she's been nominated multiple times and never won and deserves the Oscar for her whole career. 

Mirages
27 minutes ago, River said:

You can't win everything, he's directorial and editing debut had too many flaws, it was not perfect or Oscar's worthy.

But also, he's own campaign to get a nom was almost non existing, in some sense, at some point it was just Gaga promoting the movie for the noms so it's also a reason why he was snubbed..

Well sometimes he promoted it on his own without Gaga as well... Idk it seems to me like Hollywood doesn't really like him much cause he's very much overdue for an oscar. 

2 minutes ago, Mirages said:

Well sometimes he promoted it on his own without Gaga as well... Idk it seems to me like Hollywood doesn't really like him much cause he's very much overdue for an oscar. 

Well.. if we think in music terms, he's kinda pop, so Hollywood still looks at him with a bad eye..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Mirages
3 minutes ago, River said:

Well.. if we think in music terms, he's kinda pop, so Hollywood still looks at him with a bad eye..

It's a pitty really that these kind of prejudices are always there, like even before Gaga started in ASIB everybody was like the movie is gonna suck she's gonna flop because she was a pop star. I'm glad she's taking step back from pop music and does different kinds of genres (jazz, country, Americana) so she can establish herself as a versatile artist. 

30 minutes ago, Mirages said:

It's a pitty really that these kind of prejudices are always there, like even before Gaga started in ASIB everybody was like the movie is gonna suck she's gonna flop because she was a pop star. I'm glad she's taking step back from pop music and does different kinds of genres (jazz, country, Americana) so she can establish herself as a versatile artist. 

True words!

And what amaze me is that if a model acts, it's totally accepted.. most of the best actresses started as models..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Sandrology

I think Bradley and Gaga come from very similar experiences, thats why they relate so much to each other. Bradley became famous in a comedy genre and had to proof he's an actor that can be taken serious as well. Gaga became famous in beeing a pop girl with gadgets and had to proof she's an talented performer. 

Now they both try to spread their wings to new terrain - Bradley for directing and Gaga for acting, and it seems that the oscars only appreciate her for it. I feel sorry for him, but as Gaga always said, The success lies in the process not the awards..

Glamourpuss

I feel the same way. I wanted Bradley to get a nomination for that. He made that film what it is. 

4 hours ago, MEM said:

OP I agree. I'm still in shock. He's been nominated at literally every other award show. I kind of feel the Oscars snubbed him just to be controversial.

I was watching the hosts on ET and they were shocked too, especially because apparently the director of "Cold War" was nominated and that came out of nowhere!! Definitely stealing Bradley's spot. I have not heard ONE THING about that film?!

It’s sensational directing. Give it a look. Bradley did fine directing imo the shot compositions were aight and the flow was aight but the performances carried the film imo so the noms are fitting.

StrawberryBlond

Can somebody explain to me why it's possible for a film to be nominated in almost every category, from the acting, to the music to the technical aspects to the movie itself being nominated for being an all-round good movie...but doesn't get nominated for best director? This is truly the definition of snub because it makes no sense. It's kinda like, what's the difference between best picture and best director, don't they not go hand-in-hand? Not all the time, but most of the best director nominees get their picture recognised as well, it's just basic maths. Is there any other film that anyone can think of that got 8 nominations, including best picture, but missed out on best director? I just feel like Bradley's been very unfortunately sidelined when it comes to awards yet he's the one who brought it all together.

Anderson123
9 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Can somebody explain to me why it's possible for a film to be nominated in almost every category, from the acting, to the music to the technical aspects to the movie itself being nominated for being an all-round good movie...but doesn't get nominated for best director? This is truly the definition of snub because it makes no sense. It's kinda like, what's the difference between best picture and best director, don't they not go hand-in-hand? Not all the time, but most of the best director nominees get their picture recognised as well, it's just basic maths. Is there any other film that anyone can think of that got 8 nominations, including best picture, but missed out on best director? I just feel like Bradley's been very unfortunately sidelined when it comes to awards yet he's the one who brought it all together.

I understand what you say but he probably was the 6th contender and didn't make the final Top 5. If anything, some movies have won Best Picture without even being nominated for Best Director like Argo. It is a very rare situation but it happens I guess. 

Mirages
3 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Other then Argo doesn't come to mind any other picture that didn't have director recognized and won BP :huh: idk just feel so sorry for him for working his ass off and in the end getting snubbed :/

Archived