💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I think I want Glenn Close to win

WorstBehavior

Featured Posts

That J
13 minutes ago, Rio said:

Glenn was great. I'm seeing The Favourite soon!

Yes!! She was amazing!

Upthread someone mentioned the backlash when Gaga won the Globe for Hotel. Honestly, I thought she did a fine job in Hotel but I did not feel it was award worthy personally. Sure I was happy for her but I didnt feel the performance stood out THAT much. Heck, I thought she was better in Roanoke! But to each their own.

She is absolutely deserving of a nomination for ASIB. That was a true performance!  So my fingers are crossed. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, That J said:

Yes!! She was amazing!

Upthread someone mentioned the backlash when Gaga won the Globe for Hotel. Honestly, I thought she did a fine job in Hotel but I did not feel it was award worthy personally. Sure I was happy for her but I didnt feel the performance stood out THAT much. Heck, I thought she was better in Roanoke! But to each their own.

She is absolutely deserving of a nomination for ASIB. That was a true performance!  So my fingers are crossed. 

Yeah, there was something off about her as The Countess. It was good. I don't know.

all i know is gaga will get a nom but i dont see her winning the oscar. A nomination on her debut film is HUGE. She'll have scripts and studios lining up for days now

That J
Just now, Rio said:

Yeah, there was something off about her as The Countess. It was good. I don't know.

all i know is gaga will get a nom but i dont see her winning the oscar. A nomination on her debut film is HUGE. She'll have scripts and studios lining up for days now

Exactly. To me her performance in Hotel looked like a fine FIRST performance. Like...it felt like a first time. Lol. She wasnt bad by any means but I was shocked at that nomination and even more shocked at the win. Not complaining tho. Ya just dont want a win that isnt fully deserved because that's what will turn people away from you. But that's old news now.

The Wife was amazing. Havent seen Favourite yet. I've said before and I'll say it again, if she gets the nomination (and I believe she will), I am 100% satisfied. What happens after is fine either way because she will be in a place not many get to. Like you said, she will even have her pick of the scripts she wishes to choose next. It's a marvelous place to be in and well deserved! 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

A Hybrid

I actually don’t want Gaga to win the Oscar for Best Actress, it’d make her hated and “overrated” again. Plus Best Original Song is enough for EGOT so who cares?

There’s also the fact that Gaga wasn’t that great. Sure, she made one of the best movie debuts in pop culture, but one of the best debuts not performances. I wouldn’t call it BA worthy.

No family’s safe when I sashay

3 hours ago, A Hybrid said:

I actually don’t want Gaga to win the Oscar for Best Actress, it’d make her hated and “overrated” again. Plus Best Original Song is enough for GOTY so who cares?

There’s also the fact that Gaga wasn’t that great. Sure, she made one of the best movie debuts in pop culture, but one of the best debuts not performances. I wouldn’t call it BA worthy.

I honestly feel like Gaga is totally underrated. Especially in comparison to the likes of Taylor and Beyonce. She's so ****ing talented and well-rounded - she can write, dance, sing, act. No one else has that amount of talent.

Gaga has loads of time to win Best Actress - Cleopatra would be bloody amazing!! I gasped the other week when I found out she was heads-on with Angelina Jolie for the role

I just saw the Wife and it was ****ing spectacular. There's no way someone can watch that performance by Glenn and tell me Gaga's was better. No ****ing way.

Uniquecorn

Well that would be sweet... but Gaga needs it more than Glenn. It would truly save/propel her career and refill her gas tank. It would be like 2009-2010 again except Gaga's fame no longer depends on a string of avant-garde acts, but on something universally acclaimed and praised. Plus, it would prove all those 2013 haters wrong, and their queen :madge:

11 minutes ago, Bio said:

I just saw the Wife and it was ****ing spectacular. There's no way someone can watch that performance by Glenn and tell me Gaga's was better. No ****ing way.

Exactly! I actually liked the film too. I'd watch it again!

7 minutes ago, Uniquecorn said:

Well that would be sweet... but Gaga needs it more than Glenn. It would truly save/propel her career and refill her gas tank. It would be like 2009-2010 again except Gaga's fame no longer depends on a string of avant-garde acts, but on something universally acclaimed and praised. Plus, it would prove all those 2013 haters wrong, and their queen :madge:

No! She'd get a huge backlash. Because she would have taken Best Actress away from Glenn Close - the one who acted the best in 2018. Gaga wasn't better and if she won, there'd be an inevitable backlash.

Glenn needs it because she gave the best performance of the year and has lost 6 times. It's her time. Gaga has plenty of time to improve and win Best Actress.

Uniquecorn
4 minutes ago, Rio said:

No! She'd get a huge backlash. Because she would have taken Best Actress away from Glenn Close - the one who acted the best in 2018. Gaga wasn't better and if she won, there'd be an inevitable backlash.

Glenn needs it because she gave the best performance of the year and has lost 6 times. It's her time. Gaga has plenty of time to improve and win Best Actress.

Well, I've watched The Wife too, it was quite a performance from Glenn, a character actor, which I expected from a character actor. But there are several other factors that are considered by the academy when choosing best actor. If they only base it on the drama and acting that the actor projects then the script that requires more emotions would most likely win, that's why this isn't always the case.:kiss:

zakariah

there's no way glenn isn't going to win at this point tbh

ALSO, aren't we lucky meryl streep wasn't as present in film this past year :toofunny: she probably would've made things a bit harder to predict

Uniquecorn
1 minute ago, Aquarius said:

there's no way glenn isn't going to win at this point tbh

Well, how Gaga rose to fame defied the odds, so why not this one. Let's be positive and continue attracting the win from the universe :party::kara:

TropicOfCANCER
On 1/16/2019 at 1:43 PM, Didymus said:

Perhaps more importantly, she really deserves it for her performance in The Wife in particular :shrug:

Yes. The movie is eh, but the performance is great. 

Archived